The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Phil's SRD3000GT project thread

Phlukey

Thanks for the kind comments everyone :thumbs: Photos are courtesy of Lee and Simon, so have them to thank for those.

Right.... I've had quite a few people asking about giving the car a name change seeing as it's now changing so much from its original build and I'm thinking they're right, so the question is what to change the name to?

My favourite option at the moment is 'SRD3000GT' seeing as the car is fitted with a TRD kit and Toyota originally dubbed their TRD widebody cars as TRD3000GT's....plus gives a nice nod to all the hard work SRD are doing on the car. Also this name doesn't tie me to a dyno target figure like other SRD projects....... Unless anyone thinks 3000bhp is achievable from a 2JZ..... I know it's not achievable from my wallet however :D

Any renaming suggestions welcome if you can think of any before I change the thread title.

Edited by Phlukey (see edit history)

Thanks again for the kind comments guys :thumbs:

'The Phluken' is a nice idea, but too close to 'The Kraken' I think.

Think I'm gunna go with SRD3000GT :)

Got a nice private plate to go on the car once Lee it's finished. Don't think I can transfer it over until the car is taxed and MOT'd again though?

• 2 weeks later...
Looks ace! when ever i see a car stripped back like that it always makes me wonder how they remember where everything goes when putting it back together....

Haha you aren't alone in that thought! Though to be fair Simon has stripped so many Supra's he knows them off by heart now!

Looks fantastic Phil!