The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Phil's SRD3000GT project thread

Phlukey

The Sup isn't my daily Chris, so that's probably why you haven't seen it about. Don't think my OCD could handle it being left on its own in a car park :shock: lol Should see you and your new Sup at a Bluewater meet next year hopefully mate.

Jacks upgrade the synchros to a revised stronger design and can also upgrade the forks for threaded ones with a stage 2 or 3 rebuild Jazz.

The Sup isn't my daily Chris, so that's probably why you haven't seen it about. Don't think my OCD could handle it being left on its own in a car park :shock: lol Should see you and your new Sup at a Bluewater meet next year hopefully mate.

Jacks upgrade the synchros to a revised stronger design and can also upgrade the forks for threaded ones with a stage 2 or 3 rebuild Jazz.

Haha! I know how you feel. Got a few mates in Ashford so you might catch me out in mine one day but if not I'll deffo see you at a meet next year if your not going this year!

Cool. Whereabouts in Kent do you live then Chris?

If you see some random loon flashing their lights at you in Ashford, then it's probably me lol

Had a look at some pics of your new Sup.... Very nice :cool: I like what Hassan has done with painting the front pillars black. Not seen that before and it looks quite up to date (similar to what you see on R35's etc.)

In maidstone, but most of my mates I see live in ashford so im down there a fair bit.

Lol! :rlol: What car will you be in?

I do love whats been done. Its just as id like it apart from a few minor things really. Not sure if I should put a trd wing on the back! Really cannot decide! Wheels are going gloss black soon too. Might look to get racelogic aswell. :D

Cool, you're quite close then Chris. I'm out your way quite a lot too, as my girlfriend lives in Lordswood.

If I'm not in the Supra, then I'll either be in a grey ZS180 or a gold 350Z or possibly on a motorbike lol.

I like the TRD and standard wings myself, but all down to personal preference really. I must admit that my tastes have changed a bit over time, as my first Supra had a full Veilside kit with over fenders and BGW and I loved top secret GT300 widebody cars. Now I'm tending to prefer the more subtle look of stock body and TRD widebody cars....... Must be getting old :rolleyes: lol

PS... Will be good to have someone who lives close to drive to Bluewater meets with :thumbs:

Edited by Phlukey (see edit history)

Cool, you're quite close then Chris. I'm out your way quite a lot too, as my girlfriend lives in Lordswood.

If I'm not in the Supra, then I'll either be in a grey ZS180 or a gold 350Z or possibly on a motorbike lol.

I like the TRD and standard wings myself, but all down to personal preference really. I must admit that my tastes have changed a bit over time, as my first Supra had a full Veilside kit with over fenders and BGW and I loved top secret GT300 widebody cars. Now I'm tending to prefer the more subtle look of stock body and TRD widebody cars....... Must be getting old :rolleyes: lol

PS... Will be good to have someone who lives close to drive to Bluewater meets with :thumbs:

Just down the road pretty much! You would pass me to get to hers lol.

Well at 24 maybe im getting old aswell then! :(. Im just the same, i dont really like the veilside and prefer it looking a bit more stock and just modernized, but not chavvy. Would be good, im literately just off the junction of the m20 so ill detour up with you! :thumbs:

• 4 weeks later...

Worked out at approx. £600 for the pair mrboomberang. One came from Japan and the other was sourced from Belgium (yes they are both for a RH drive car lol) I know it's a lot for lights, but they are brand new and genuine Toyota and I couldn't be bothered to wait for a mint second hand pair to come up. I think you'd probably get them a lot cheaper second hand if you were willing to wait or weren't too concerned about any minor cosmetic issues.

Cheers Luc / Kaan. Can't wait to get em on. Should go well with the face lift rear clusters and give the car a fresh up to date look :D

• 2 weeks later...

Not long now Luc! As soon as the divided T4 option is available I'm having one, as I'm sure you are too. The test data looks great! 67mm-esque spool characteristics with better power output than a 7175. Definitely a game changer of a turbo :D What A/R housing are you going for Luc?

Transmission is on it's way back to the UK from Jacks now too. Upgraded to a stage 3 build in the end which is why it took a bit longer. It was only a few hundred dollars extra and I've read good things from others who've had their rebuild done to this level, so I thought why not while it's over there and in bits lol. They are sending me pics of the rebuild process, so I'll put some up when I receive them so people can see what goes in to the stage 3 rebuild.

Just got the photos through of my stage 3 gearbox rebuild that was done at Jacks Transmissions and all I can say is WOW!:blink::D

The box honestly looks like brand new now and the level of detail that's gone into the build is amazing. I highly recommend Jacks to anyone looking to freshen up their V160 or V161.

Can't wait to get it back in the Sup and try it out now. I've read that apparently the ISF REM micro polishing that is done on the gears for a stage 3 build make shifts feel as smooth as a hot knife through butter :D

Here's a link to the photos:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/3n72j6k2viaahfj/AABZyOEbdPhp2qEZik6BKSvDa?dl=0