The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Phil's SRD3000GT project thread

Phlukey

• 2 months later...
Guest Nicholas

Just had a read through the thread and it seems like you're doing the right thing by the car to sort it out and ultimately make it your own. Certainly sounds like it's in the right ownership now with you and safe hands with Lee at SRD. Looking forward to seeing the finished article! :cool:

Just had a read through the thread and it seems like you're doing the right thing by the car to sort it out and ultimately make it your own. Certainly sounds like it's in the right ownership now with you and safe hands with Lee at SRD. Looking forward to seeing the finished article! :cool:

Thank you very much for the kind words Nicholas, I appreciate it :)

Do you have a build thread for your car? I saw an engine bay pic you posted earlier in another thread and it looked awesome! Would be interested to have read about it.

Any updates Phil?

No big updates yet I'm afraid Luc. Lee and his team have been very busy finishing Kaan's car, but mine should be getting some more SRD love soon.

The manifold, turbo hot side, WG's, screamer pipes and down pipe have just come back from being ceramic coated white at Zircotec, so I'm looking forward to seeing those, and my new ASNU 1650cc injectors have just arrived.

Car should also be going to Simon's (Baldy) this month for the bay and some other bits to be done.

I'll post more updates as I get them from Lee.

Guest Nicholas
Thank you very much for the kind words Nicholas, I appreciate it :)

Do you have a build thread for your car? I saw an engine bay pic you posted earlier in another thread and it looked awesome! Would be interested to have read about it.

:thumbs: I have an entire build journal but haven't posted as of yet, I could write 5 pages on Tilton carbon clutches alone :taped: maybe I'll create a thread soon.

Get one done ASAP mate! I look forward to reading that.

I've gone with an RPS carbon triple plate clutch for mine, as I'd heard good things about them and was offered one new for a good price. Hopefully it'll be as good as I've heard.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Sorry guys it's been quite a while since my last update, as I've been busy with work and stuff. Anyways, the car has recently been spending some time at Simon's (Baldy) shop (Auto Body Solutions) for the bay to be smoothed properly.

Simon and his team have been doing an awesome job and I'm really happy with the progress so far. I'll let the pics do the talking as I know that's what everyone likes :).......

Car stripped out at SRD ready to make the trip over to Simon....

Car being loaded up to make the journey with its new awesome 'super wide' wheels courtesy of SRD :D.....