The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Phil's SRD3000GT project thread

Phlukey

Thanks for all the kind comments guys :thumbs:

Just got home from my evening shift. So time to add some more photos.....

Here's some I forgot to add earlier of the underside of the car which was finished before the bodywork was started. All in white underseal now.

Rear inner arches tidied up. Should hopefully be no clearance issues no matter what I decide to run on the rear now.

Simon sent me a teaser pic tonight of the front wing test fitted. I'd asked for the inner wing to be painted in satin black so the the whole vent appears black once the black mesh is fitted.

Really happy with the finish..... Looks like glass :D

Can't wait to see it all back together! Excited!!! :ecstatic:

I've got some other little bits in the pipeline too and I'll keep you all updated as the build progresses :)

Edited by Phlukey (see edit history)

Very impressive Phil :thumbs:

Keen to see what you do in terms of wheels :D

Thanks James :thumbs:

Sticking with the original Iforged Sebrings for now mate and having Ibrar refurb them for me. I did fancy a set of CCW Classics in TRD fitment, but they don't do 19" in the Classics. 18" is as big as they go. I need at least 19" to fit over my SLR Brembos and plus I think 18" wheels would look a bit 'lost' under a TRD kit.

If something else comes up that I like that I can get in the right fitment then I might change my mind, but happy with the Iforged for now.

CCW only list the LM20's up to 18" on ther website?

The only other wheels I've seen that I really like are Avant Garde F420's like Ibrar has on his car. I'd have them in the complete polished / chromed finish rather than the chrome lip and bronze spoke finish Ibrar has though. I'm really liking a lot of the new concave deep dish designs like the ones from manufacturers like Avant Garde and Strasse.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

In all honesty though, I'm happy with the Iforged I have for the time being.

Edited by Phlukey (see edit history)