The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Phil's SRD3000GT project thread

Phlukey

• 1 month later...

My new Whifbitz manifold, down-pipe, mid-pipe and screamer pipes have arrived at SRD :D.......

All of it except for the mid-pipe will go away to Zircotec now (along with the turbine housing and waste gate bodies) to be ceramic coated in white.

Yep all stainless Kaan. Seems a shame to cover up all that amazing welding and machining with ceramic, it's a work of art, but it'll be better for temps in the bay.

Old down-pipe will be sold with the GT4780 turbo as part of a whole T6 setup. If anyone is interested in this check Hodges original build thread for the details of the kit and PM me, but be aware it's a BIG turbo lol...... probably more suited to someone with a stroker kit fitted.

Edited by Phlukey (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

Quick update.......

First of all, got a tasty Brembo big brake setup which is the same as is used on the Mercedes McLaren SLR and SL55 AMG. 8 pot fronts with 14in discs and 4 pot rears. Dropped them straight off to Lee at SRD and was a bit worried at first they wouldn't fit because of my 3 piece split rim design....... Good news is, Lee has test fitted them and they fit fine PHEW! Lol. They will be given a refurb now before final fitment.

Also, Lee has now fitted my TRD diff into the casing and tidied the casing up.

That's right Stevo, it had D2 8 pots on the front and K-sport 4 pots on the rear with 356mm discs all round.

Plan was to have the car finished for the Summer, but that may have changed now. Just waiting for some news back from SRD about a few things and then build may be taken a lot further than was originally planned, which will obviously take more time. Either myself or Lee will update as things develop, so watch this space :-)

- - - Updated - - -

Cheers Luc :thumbs: