The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Phil's SRD3000GT project thread

Phlukey

• 2 months later...

Ok so where to start lol....... sorry it's been a long time since my last update, I've been busy with work, but a lot has been going on with the car.

After some thinking and discussion it was decided that it would be best to go for a full body re-spray to get the paintwork up to the same high standard as the new bay. Plus at the same time it would allow me to have the skirts blended into the rear arches the way I'd always wanted (think this kind of smooth blend looks great on a TRD).

Simon and his team at Autobody Solutions have been doing a great job on the bodywork. I'll let the pictures do the talking......

Riddox carbon lip spoiler removed without damage. Phew! Lol

Rear arch blend stripped right back to strengthen and help prevent cracking. Rivet heads drilled and fibreglassed to prevent them from showing through the paint. This can happen when the car is parked during a hot sunny day, due to the differential expansion rates of metal and FRP. Scary seeing your pride and joy like this :blink: but the end result is worth it :D

Old paint being removed and rear arches being re-blended. You can also see skirt blend taking shape.

Fit of rear bumper and rear lights being improved.

Skirt blend to rear arches. Always wanted this done, but it's something that's hard to get right.

Edited by Phlukey (see edit history)

Wow credit to you, you have really improved what was already an amazing car. However with the engine bay changes, new turbo kit, paint and body work I can't help but think it would have been just as easy to start from scratch lol...

Fair comment abtin, but try finding a Toyota or MVP (only high quality examples) TRD3000GT kit..... they are discontinued.

- - - Updated - - -

Great progress Phil.

Keep those updates coming. ;)

Cheers mate :thumbs:

Fair comment abtin, but try finding a Toyota or MVP (only high quality examples) TRD3000GT kit..... they are discontinued.

Wow wasn't aware that the kits been discontinued. It's really going to be a forum best once it's complete. Any idea when it'll all be finished and back on the road?

Wow wasn't aware that the kits been discontinued. It's really going to be a forum best once it's complete. Any idea when it'll all be finished and back on the road?

Hoping for the summer mate, but I'm not gunna rush it. It'll be done when it's done I guess lol