The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Glanza_Mike's Clean White VVTI Supra Project!

Glanza_Mike

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's the issue? I'm going to start installing mine soon.

They're just being a bit of nightmare tbh, I could it, it would just be a lot easier to get them done myself if it wasn't raining and/or absolutely freezing everyday. I have seats from an evo 8 to go in, along with universal seat runners from eBay and the seat frames from this site, Johns ones. The holes on the universal runners don't match up to the seats and its a nightmare to get bolts in too with no space for fingers or anything :(

Nice update mate, the purple looks cool with the white, different. Give that intercooler a good polish while it's just sitting there :p Good stuff with the bodybuilding also, lots of dedication there!

Haha will do mate :) don't think I'm going to get it fitted until next year though now! Wait until it warms up before I start rolling around on the floor for a few hours lol and thank you :)

What specs are your wheels offset/width wise and where did you get them from? The TE37's aren't produced anymore in 19". PM me if you like.

Car is looking great BTW.

Yeah they aren't, I wanted TE37s but I also had to have 19s so couldn't really go that route. I started researching who make the best quality replica of the TE37 and I found out the company was called varrstoen, so I went with them. Ordered them from the states, very quick delivery and the company I choose to go with really helpful with sidings too, the wheels are 9.5" front and 10.5" rear. Front offset is +22 which is a bit of a pain as they stuck out quite a lot on stock suspension but when I fitted coilovers they were fine, the rear offset is +30 which is absolutely perfect I'll, fits super flush without any rubbing :D

Looking very sweet matey.. Keep it up.

Cheers pal :)

They're just being a bit of nightmare tbh, I could it, it would just be a lot easier to get them done myself if it wasn't raining and/or absolutely freezing everyday. I have seats from an evo 8 to go in, along with universal seat runners from eBay and the seat frames from this site, Johns ones. The holes on the universal runners don't match up to the seats and its a nightmare to get bolts in too with no space for fingers or anything :(

I have also bought universal runners from ebay. Mine bolted in, but I has to only put the bolts in loosely, and then tighten them up in stages as it was tight. First thing I'll do is bolt Johns alloy frames in place, then sit the seats (or a template of them) onto the frames.

I'll be putting a 'how to' in my build thread, so hopefully it can help with your issues.

• 1 month later...

Thought it's about time for a small update soooo.....I've spent the last few days installing a new sound system in the car :) The difference is absolutely unreal!! Very happy with how it turned out even if it did take me the best part of 3 days :O

The old speakers in all their glory....

New stuff :)

old vs new

I didn't end up installing all the sound deadening that i have for the car yet as it was like 3 degrees outside everyday that i did this :O The door cards are super easy to take off so i'll do that at some point when the weather picks up past 10 degrees, probably around August time :D

I really wanted to take my time with this install and get it done properly, hiding all the wires out of sight and such, i decided to make somewhere for the crossovers and amps to sit in the boot out of MDF. And i was really happy with the final product....

So you can't even tell there's even anything installed now, looks completely stock in the boot which is what i wanted :) I mounted the tweeters in the A pillars and they sound great but i don't have a pic of those atm.

I've just booked the car in to have a Clifford 650 cat1 alarm fitted, because I've been told some unsavory characters have been lurking around my baby late at night :( So i'm also deciding on some nice locking wheel nuts or adding the anti-tilt function to the alarm to protect the alloys, if any of you have this are u happy with it??

I'm also wanting to change my wheel colour once more, i removed the plasti-dipped purple Today because i was fed up of it and i think i'd either like to go gold centres with polished lip, matt white, or matt white with a tiny ring of red near the tire. If any guys are good on Photoshop help would muucchhh appreciated because i have absolutely no clue which to choose from :(

• 1 month later...

Thought i'd do a quick update for you all :)

I've been busy buying lot's and lot's of parts since last time, so since then i've bought:

1. Whifbitz front mount intercooler (fitted but it was second hand and i'm not that keen on it so i may well buy one from SRD)

2. Clifford 650 cat 1 alarm with proximity sensors, anti hi-jack and turbo timer (fitted)

3. Hecklers PCB kit for heater controls and dash (fitted) BIG, BIG shout out to heckler by the way, i had trouble getting the dash lights to work and he sent me hundreds of messages trying to help me out and fix the problem which was eventually found out to be a weak ground connection to the dash lights. Thank you!! :)

4. I sound deadened the drivers door and finally got around to painting the drivers door controls to match the satin black dash.

5. Removed the purple from wheels and went back to black.....like ACDC :)

6. And last but by means least I've just ordered brand new Brembos from the States, 6 pot front with 360mm disks and 4 pot rear with 345mm disks :D Sooo excited to receive those bad boys!!

So my UK spec brakes will be up for sale at some point in the next month or so if anybody is looking for a full set, let me know.

Now for some before and after pics of the doors:

Before:

Door cleaned up and deadening fitted to outer door skin behind speaker:

Nearly there :)

All done, i didn't cover the whole door with the black stuff because it was interfering with the fitment of the door card so i just covered all around where the speaker sits.

Just the left door to do now..................

And this was half way through pulling the purple off the front right wheel, quite fun actually :D

I'll get some pics as soon as i can when my shiny new brakes arrive and also of hecklers PCB's when i get out to the car next :)

EDIT: Actually i have a question for you guys, the car makes a strange noise occasionally it doesn't happen all the time, but when i turn it kinda sounds like a boat turning lol and i get a small amout of feedback through the steering wheel, also at the same time something in the engine bay (by the sounds of it) whines slightly and goes in time with the revs.....any clues?

Edited by Glanza_Mike (see edit history)

Mike good progress and the brakes will look great :) Wish I had gone for bigger brakes as I believe my new wheels will show more brakes/calipers, the UKs are ickle compared to todays standards...

Can you send me a PM RE: the sound deadening, I would like to do this on mine can you send me a link to where you bought it from please?

As for the whine maybe power steering related?

Cars looking great, great to see things being done properly, how did you get all that crappy black glue off the lining inside the door? I have that job to do sometime not looking forward to it!

Thanks mate :) im pretty sure i just used some white spirit on a rag, wasnt actually that tough to remove tbh, nothing like tiger seal!!

Mike good progress and the brakes will look great :) Wish I had gone for bigger brakes as I believe my new wheels will show more brakes/calipers, the UKs are ickle compared to todays standards...

Can you send me a PM RE: the sound deadening, I would like to do this on mine can you send me a link to where you bought it from please?

As for the whine maybe power steering related?

Thanks mate! Yeah, the Uks stop the car fine but ive never been all that comfortable with pedal feel and for sure the brembos will look way, way better and more than likely get it to stop faster too :)

And yeah, im pretty sure its a power steering problem, just wondering if anyones had the same before and could give me a clue on where to look? Or what to look for.

Today the weather changed a bit and finally i could give her a nice clean!! (although the heavens opened shortly after i finished drying f**** :()

When clean my i usually get all OCD about certain places things being immaculate and Today was no exception lol After giving her a good old wash using the 2 bucket method i saw some stubborn stuff in areas i couldn't really reach with a wash mitt still remaining, the kind of dirt that has been built up for some time and not just in the last couple weeks since the last wash. So i set out fixing it :)

First was the stubborn stuff under the rear lights and in the rear number plate recess. Then i saw a small spot of surface rust inside the boot by the weather seal so i sanded it down to bare metal and got some paint on it, while doing this i lifted the rubber seal to find another couple small spots so i sanded those down too lol I've now decided that when i gets warm i'm going to remove the whole bootlid and rubber seal sand it all down and re-prime and paint the whole area! But for now this was the result:

Before

During

Forgot to get an after :(

Next it was the turn of the fuel filler cap and that whole area! I noticed some muck behind the cover knew i wouldn't be happy until it was clean so i took it off and cleaned it all up:

Before:

When it was cleaned i noticed a small spot or rust and i hhaattttttteeeeeeee rust!! So it had to go!! lol

So i sanded that whole area back down to bare metal and removed all rust, masked up the side of the car and surrounding area and sprayed it white:

Finished :)

When all that was done i popped round the corner for a few quick snaps and here she is in all her glory.......

And then one pic when i was playing around with some filters lol

Really looking forward to my brakes arriving now, they will make such a nice difference, should be here in the next 10 days i hope! :)

Your car is incredible! Great inspiration too, since I just got a white MKIV myself. :thumbs:

Thank you mate :) you should put a thread up for your car too id like to have a look!!

Looking so nice and fresh. Great looking Supra :cool:

I've got diagnosed OCD, so as you can imagine I'm terrible for wanting things perfect and clean. Good job on the cleaning, I'm impressed with the fuel filler cap :D :thumbs:

Cheers Dave!

Much more cleaning, polishing and repairing to come so stay tuned :) just gotta wait for that weather to finally turn, not long now i think!

Looks much better with black wheels, looks like there is still some purple on the inside of the rims though.

Cheers J, i prefer the black too, the finish on the purple just wasn't what i thought it would be. And yeah, there is, the wheels were plasti-dipped not sprayed and it's hard to get it off without removing the wheels, they are all coming off in the next 10 days or so to fit the brakes though so will get done then :)

Looks 1000 times better with the black rims.

Cheers mate, glad you you think so :thumbs:

I'm fairly certain there were some Recaros in this the other day... :D

Haha, have i not mentioned my recaros yet?? :rolleyes: I do indeed have some recaros fitted yeah, let me grab a picture :)

So yes, I've also had recaros from an Evo 8 fitted :) This was quite a while ago too.......i must have gotten sloppy with my updates :O

Looks fantastic, I can appreciate all the work you have put into it!

Thanks mate :)