The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Kaan's SRD1000S - 3.4 Stroked Wide Body Project!

Kaan W

Ive decided to make start on my interior as its looking a bit dated and tatty so I started yesterday on the centre console by blanking the unnecessary holes with black plastic then skimming over with body filler. After this I marked the holes to hold the Syvecs Display and Cal Switch.

When im happy with the shape and design of all the panels the complete dash trim will be sprayed the same colour as the car (Lambo Grey). As for 3rd hole ive made this is for the Syvecs CAL switch which I will mount here with a black backing plate in the same design as the heater controls but with the numbers 1-8 and then i'll use a heater tempreture knob to make it look completely OEM. All knobs and switches will be back lit with high bright blue leds.

Heres a bit of progress so far -

attachment.php?attachmentid=165812&stc=1&d=1363119448

attachment.php?attachmentid=165813&stc=1&d=1363119448

attachment.php?attachmentid=165814&stc=1&d=1363119448

attachment.php?attachmentid=165815&stc=1&d=1363119448

DSC_3007.jpg

DSC_3008.jpg

DSC_3009.jpg

DSC_3013.jpg

Edited by Kaan W (see edit history)

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Win,

Have to swing by my place soon so i can have a looky see

Yeah no worries mate I keep meaning to pop by yours at some point.

Are all the running issues sorted now mate

Pretty much mate, I just need the line pressure on the transmission tested but apart from that it's all good :)

Pretty much mate, I just need the line pressure on the transmission tested but apart from that it's all good :)

Glad your getting the issues sorted as i really like this car !

I would lower her down a few mm's all round but thats all :shrug:

U

Glad your getting the issues sorted as i really like this car !

I would lower her down a few mm's all round but thats all :shrug:

Cheers mate, it's a nice car and has had a fair amount of cash spent on it but it's just stupid little disasters like 20 year old hoses bursting etc thats keeping me off the road. Every problem is an excuse for new parts so it's a win win :D

It was lowered another 30 mm but was forever scraping my exhaust and bumpers so I lifted it. I don't mind tho I'll maybe just bring the front back down slightly.

Any plans to build the auto box for more power?

It has a Titan box already

Thats correct! I bought the Titan box as the stock one broke the first day I bought the car lmao.

Do you guys think I should keep the El-glow dials I have now or swap them for TRD dials?

You've made a pretty good job of that so far mate. Liking the idea of an OEM cal switch too

Cheers mate, I have so much more to do with the car despite people saying its cursed with problems but this is just how I bought it. Every car has its problems but im spending the cash to put it right and getting everything sorted I just need more time. Ive not even had it a year and done so much already but its getting there mate.

A few pics of how its changed in the past 8 months -

attachment.php?attachmentid=165816&stc=1&d=1363119601

attachment.php?attachmentid=165817&stc=1&d=1363119601

attachment.php?attachmentid=165818&stc=1&d=1363119601

attachment.php?attachmentid=165819&stc=1&d=1363119601

Runnymede-20120603-002671.jpg

DSC_2991.jpg

Runnymede-20120603-00264.jpg

DSC_2994.jpg

Edited by Kaan W (see edit history)

Their Paul's own style a replica Ganador.

Car looks great, any plans to go 6 speed manual?

Yeah they look nice. Cheers, but not when ive just bought a brand new Titan stage 2 transmission and torque converter lol. I don't ever want a manual again with the acceleration this things got it's im not even running alot of power.

Thats very similar do how i did my dash. Looks great mate

Thats where I got the idea ;) did you mount yours so it sits flush? Ive had to make a backing plate to stop it pushing all the way through.

Yeah they look nice. Cheers, but not when ive just bought a brand new Titan stage 2 transmission and torque converter lol. I don't ever want a manual again with the acceleration this things got it's im not even running alot of power.

Thats where I got the idea ;) did you mount yours so it sits flush? Ive had to make a backing plate to stop it pushing all the way through.

I knew it! lol

Yer its perfectly flush. So were the boarder of screen curves it stick out a little there for the best fit :D You dont want it too far to the right or the screen is slightly covered by the steering wheel. Too far in and you will get a gap, too far out and it will look non flush.

I'm tidying mine up a little more in the summer, rubbing it down smoother and most probably spraying it a darker grey, and I want to get some blue in there somehow...

A pic for you if that helps (excuse dust)

http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/7852/20130311192203.jpg

Edited by a98pmalcolm (see edit history)