The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Kaan's SRD1000S - 3.4 Stroked Wide Body Project!

Kaan W

You really need to change the rubber hose for teflon.

What turbo kit is your build based on as you can't be the first to install it, how have others routed it, the line also looks a little short. When I changed mine I used angled fittings to force the line away from any unwanted contact.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You really need to change the rubber hose for teflon.

What turbo kit is your build based on as you can't be the first to install it, how have others routed it, the line also looks a little short. When I changed mine I used angled fittings to force the line away from any unwanted contact.

Well the guy I bought it from said all the work was done by Whifbitz :shrug: The compressor housings in the way to fit a 90` fitting but I think I may be able to fit an extended thread from the turbo to allow me to fit a 90` then out to the front of the car then down. Its only a mock up as I have mapping on tuesday and its too late to order anything now but it should last then as soon as thats done i'll order the correct parts and re do the whole lot.

Would fibreglass matting help if I tied some around the exhaust manifold that its touching?

Yeah its the exact same kit just my side skirts are blitz not VS. I have them arches on the front too but mine are blended in as is the whole kit which takes the sharp contours off which is why it probably looks narrower. Nice colour tho :thumbs:

much appriated man if i make mine half as good as yours i will be delighted fine supra you got mate keep up the good work and keep her between the ditchs

Why couldnt I use 90deg fittings?

From what I understand, I think the general censuses against using 90deg fittings is that

1) Oil build ups

2) At a 90 bend, there is so much force exerted on the outside of the radius as it is. for that wall to be pliable is just not the best idea. any kind of hard bend, especially right off the source of the flow/pressure(Turbo) needs to be solid.

That said, you could still use a 90 degree fitting, just keep your eye out for the above issues. Make sure the oil drain does not have any uphill areas as the drain is gravity fed. 90 Degree bends from the turbo or sump are fine, but a minimal angle towards the ground is required.

From what I understand, I think the general censuses against using 90deg fittings is that

1) Oil build ups

2) At a 90 bend, there is so much force exerted on the outside of the radius as it is. for that wall to be pliable is just not the best idea. any kind of hard bend, especially right off the source of the flow/pressure(Turbo) needs to be solid.

That said, you could still use a 90 degree fitting, just keep your eye out for the above issues. Make sure the oil drain does not have any uphill areas as the drain is gravity fed. 90 Degree bends from the turbo or sump are fine, but a minimal angle towards the ground is required.

Its only a turbo drain back to the sump, it will be fine.

• 5 weeks later...

Thanks guys appreciate it :thumbs:

Looks fantastic & this is from a stock body fan!! The only thing I would change to finish it off would be some facelift rear lights.

Looks superb though! :cool:

Cheers :) I have some facelift led carbon rears ive had in for the past couple of months but had to remove them as one got some condinsation inside and needs resealing.

You should buy tomgeer's refurbed facelifts - they would look awesome on your car :)

Toms are the front lights iirc, those led rears are lush!

Oh yeah, my mistake lol.

Yeah I was thinking about getting them they look nice. Would it be too much black on my car tho?

:yeahthat:

The LED rears are something that I normally dislike greatly, but they work well on your car. Must be the colour :)

The clear lensed facelift fronts would be stunning on the front :D

No it wouldn't be too much black as it fits in with the theme of the car :)

Hmmm, i'll have a think about it ;)

Cheers :D