The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Kaan's SRD1000S - 3.4 Stroked Wide Body Project!

Kaan W

Good luck mate I really hope things turn round for you, and your stint of bad luck changes

Good to hear :) make sure John takes a lot of pics of the issues he finds and resolves when it's with him, as I'm sure other members will find the info useful

Cheers guys, yes lots of pics :)

Sounds good :) - Thought you was going six speed?

To be honest mate I had a long talk with Dude that persuided me to stay with the built auto. For one of the reasons that a decent clutch costs more than the autobox plus theres more chance of the box lasting longer than a clutch. Also I would need to gain around 150bhp just to keep up with the the autobox times.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That list sounds really expensive and to be honest unnecessary in parts, if you want a 600 BHP car you not going to need all that, what's wrong with your current engine, have you had it compression tested

I never said the overall goal was 600hp this is what my car should be pushing now without the gearbox slip. The parts list makes perfect sense to replace the 20 year old components with new stronger parts to prevent any mis haps when I go for more power. I didnt buy the supra to look good ;)

Guest Nicholas
Due to a recent string of events that have kept my car off the road ive decided my car is no longer The Punisher lol, this has gone a step to far now and I feel the name has jinxed the build and just held things up. So with a simple title name change I hope now it will give me less grief and I can get on with the build and enjoy it :D

A small update:

The gearbox is being sent off over the weekend for rebuilding as I had a lockup problem causing the car to feel sluggish and lazy, then when this comes back the car is going to (Dude) for a full going over to every last loose end that was holding the build up and where he will install the box for me and get the car running how it should. By then I can get the car dyno'd again and hopefully push well over 600bhp as it should have done last time but the transmission was slipping.

Plans for the rest of the year:

As some of you know my engine hasnt really been in the peak of its life with the problems ive been having so im going for an extensive rebuild as I want this car to last me well. I have a ported and polished race spec head with 272 cams dual valve springs etc and a complete forged block will be on the cards in the next few weeks also, I will be building the engine on a stand cleaning every last nut bolt and have some nice polished and anodized parts too, but also want to swap in a better up to date turbo and after market intake to make the most out of the new head which im hoping to get this done by next winter and do the swap over the winter period. During the build of the engine im going to be doing little bits and pieces to the bay like removing the trac gear and pumps, maybe tuck the abs unit under the scuttle pannel? Has this been done? If for some reason its not doable then I will remove it all together. Next will be the battery to the boot and then have a custom engine loom made up to tidy all the unwanted wires and extend the fuse box that will sit next to the battery in the boot. By this time the engine bay should be pretty cleaned up and leave room for the new engine and IC piping etc. Finally when the old engine comes out is when I will get the engine bay sprayed to match the car and have it smoothed also and by this time I should have the new engine finished ready to drop in and have everything running and mapped by next summer.

There is alot of work above but they are the plans im sticking too and setting myself a time period for each step and I will hopefully stay within the time period and then start enjoying the car :)

Good luck with it, this cars crying out for a built engine/nicely finished bay imo the current bay lets it down!

lol sorry too much to read in one go

Lazy! :D

John is the man to do it, he will have that thing running like the German train system (by that I mean well, not transporting people to interrogation camps).

Yep he certainly is, hes gunno be doing most of the work on this car which is good also as hes quite local.

Cheers guys, Im normally at Bluewater when the cars running which has been twice :D But will definately be there more when its done.

Well I have spent the best part of today cleaning my car as im not going to be driving it for a while and I like it looking its best, so I gave it 2 coats of polish and 3 coats of wax just because im like that lol, then done the tires and rubbers then covered it up to keep it fresh while I wait for some bits. Enjoy :)

attachment.php?attachmentid=167031&stc=1&d=1365351055

attachment.php?attachmentid=167032&stc=1&d=1365351055

attachment.php?attachmentid=167033&stc=1&d=1365351055

attachment.php?attachmentid=167034&stc=1&d=1365351055

attachment.php?attachmentid=167035&stc=1&d=1365351055

attachment.php?attachmentid=167036&stc=1&d=1365351111

attachment.php?attachmentid=167037&stc=1&d=1365351111

attachment.php?attachmentid=167038&stc=1&d=1365351111

attachment.php?attachmentid=167039&stc=1&d=1365351111

DSC_3054.jpg

DSC_3055.jpg

DSC_3057.jpg

DSC_3058.jpg

DSC_3059.jpg

DSC_3061.jpg

DSC_3063.jpg

DSC_3067.jpg

DSC_3072.jpg

Looks lovely! :thumbs:

Shame you missed a good Bluewater meet friday!

Nice car! Hope it gets back on the road soon as it's the fun time of year coming up and convoys are awesome to shows

Cheers guys, I know I really would have liked to gone it looked like quite a good meet :( Well I have just taxed it for 6 months so once the gearbox is back I will have it fitted and running properly ready for the summer :cool: Just hope my engine holds out until the winter build as I think the FMS is on its way out.

I have a brand new looking full interior coming soon including boot plastics and black carpets and also Dave is wrapping my dash panels in a Grey suede to match everything, also im in the middle of my blue led conversion which is looking good. Just need my Misano's re upholstered and then the inside should be finished and looking fresh :)