The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Kaan's SRD1000S - 3.4 Stroked Wide Body Project!

Kaan W

I knew it! lol

Yer its perfectly flush. So were the boarder of screen curves it stick out a little there for the best fit :D You dont want it too far to the right or the screen is slightly covered by the steering wheel. Too far in and you will get a gap, too far out and it will look non flush.

I'm tidying mine up a little more in the summer, rubbing it down smoother and most probably spraying it a darker grey, and I want to get some blue in there somehow...

A pic for you if that helps (excuse dust)

http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/7852/20130311192203.jpg

Yeah thats pretty much how ive got mine, I had to move it over to fit the Cal switch in but I can still see the screen perfectly from where I sit. That looks great tho its harder than it looks trying to make a bracket on the back with the little room there is.

Can I just ask what them 3 slit holes are for above the cig lighter? I covered mine up with filler cause I didnt like them lol.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I knew it! lol

Yer its perfectly flush. So were the boarder of screen curves it stick out a little there for the best fit :D You dont want it too far to the right or the screen is slightly covered by the steering wheel. Too far in and you will get a gap, too far out and it will look non flush.

I'm tidying mine up a little more in the summer, rubbing it down smoother and most probably spraying it a darker grey, and I want to get some blue in there somehow...

A pic for you if that helps (excuse dust)

http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/7852/20130311192203.jpg

Are you freezing ??? :D

My Cal switch I left next to my gear knob. I assume that youe cal switch is now advanced traction control aswell? As you don't need the cal switch as you have the screen ;)

The screen bracket we just got 2 bit of alloy. Tapped them. then made an alloy plate that bolted at the back of the screen across to the alloy bits. We just glued them onto place..

Edited by a98pmalcolm (see edit history)

Where did you have them done?

My brothers sign company made them for me.

My Cal switch I left next to my gear knob. I assume that youe cal switch is now advanced traction control aswell? As you don't need the cal switch as you have the screen ;)

The screen bracket we just got 2 bit of alloy. Tapped them. then made an alloy plate that bolted at the back of the screen across to the alloy bits. We just glued them onto place..

I havent decided yet but I still like the idea of the switch being used as it was and just have the screen to display the dials.

As for the bracket I dont know why I didnt think of that lol, I made a rectangle from plastic the same size as the hole so the screen slots in and then another rectangle glued on the back of that one but with a smaller hole so it cant push back any further but the wires can pass through still. Either way will work tho, I just like making things complicated :D

Nice work fella! :)

Sounds great Bud.. Keeping my eye on this :)

Cheers guys! :)

As my new heater hose turned up today I left the dash for now and swapped the hoses over. Thanks to Dnk for pointing me in the right direction for a decent hose, this stuff really is tough!

New hose -

attachment.php?attachmentid=165851&stc=1&d=1363201751

Split brittle hose -

attachment.php?attachmentid=165852&stc=1&d=1363201751

Before and after -

attachment.php?attachmentid=165854&stc=1&d=1363201884

attachment.php?attachmentid=165855&stc=1&d=1363202109

DSC_3021.jpg

DSC_3032.jpg

DSC02941.jpg

DSC_3035.jpg

Edited by Kaan W (see edit history)

very nice, i used to make those hoses and the other samco hoses, these have a metal wire going through them and there is a nack to cutting them straight and perfect :)

that will also make easier access to the rear of the cam covers ect...

Really? I should have come to you then you've probably got box's of this stuff lol. It is a real good quality hose I cut it with a hacksaw then sniped the wire coil with some side cutters, easy :)

It dont look much but all the little differences add up and will make a huge difference when its done.

to be honest its stupid really because the company i worked for was silflex

we made the hoses and then added the logo (samco) to the pipe then it gets wrapped in thin tape before it gets heated. the tape is then removed and the logo is then in the pipe. and they were sent to wales

we also did some pipes that had a different logo? but made at the same place how weird is that?

to be honest its stupid really because the company i worked for was silflex

we made the hoses and then added the logo (samco) to the pipe then it gets wrapped in thin tape before it gets heated. the tape is then removed and the logo is then in the pipe. and they were sent to wales

we also did some pipes that had a different logo? but made at the same place how weird is that?

Makes me wonder if any of the products go to ebay such as ASH etc.

Im not sure what make mine are I just got it from siliconehoses.com, although me being a twerp and ordered the wrong size first they were more than helpfull and sent me the right hose the same day in exchange for the hose I still had, without charging me a penny! Pleasent people.

• 2 weeks later...
Any updates on the dash fella? ;)

Not yet mate im waiting on some suede samples from Dave to pick a colour that matches my car, and also some interior parts from Robert to adapt my cal switch to the heater controls. Once this is done i'll send the panels off for wrapping and get some pics :)

Due to a recent string of events that have kept my car off the road ive decided my car is no longer The Punisher lol, this has gone a step to far now and I feel the name has jinxed the build and just held things up. So with a simple title name change I hope now it will give me less grief and I can get on with the build and enjoy it :D

A small update:

The gearbox is being sent off over the weekend for rebuilding as I had a lockup problem causing the car to feel sluggish and lazy, then when this comes back the car is going to (Dude) for a full going over to every last loose end that was holding the build up and where he will install the box for me and get the car running how it should. By then I can get the car dyno'd again and hopefully push well over 600bhp as it should have done last time but the transmission was slipping.

Plans for the rest of the year:

As some of you know my engine hasnt really been in the peak of its life with the problems ive been having so im going for an extensive rebuild as I want this car to last me well. I have a ported and polished race spec head with 272 cams dual valve springs etc and a complete forged block will be on the cards in the next few weeks also, I will be building the engine on a stand cleaning every last nut bolt and have some nice polished and anodized parts too, but also want to swap in a better up to date turbo and after market intake to make the most out of the new head which im hoping to get this done by next winter and do the swap over the winter period. During the build of the engine im going to be doing little bits and pieces to the bay like removing the trac gear and pumps, maybe tuck the abs unit under the scuttle pannel? Has this been done? If for some reason its not doable then I will remove it all together. Next will be the battery to the boot and then have a custom engine loom made up to tidy all the unwanted wires and extend the fuse box that will sit next to the battery in the boot. By this time the engine bay should be pretty cleaned up and leave room for the new engine and IC piping etc. Finally when the old engine comes out is when I will get the engine bay sprayed to match the car and have it smoothed also and by this time I should have the new engine finished ready to drop in and have everything running and mapped by next summer.

There is alot of work above but they are the plans im sticking too and setting myself a time period for each step and I will hopefully stay within the time period and then start enjoying the car :)