How it got from Stock N/A to Wide TRD TT BPU -Pic Heavy

DodgyRog

• Replies 762
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If you are prepared to drop to a size 17" rim then there is a set of work meister's on DW for just a bit over 1k with a very aggressive offset (negative offset) with a killer dish if they would fit they would look great on your car imo.

Uk brakes mate, so most 17's are a no go, but thanks for the heads up, let me know if you spot anything else:cool:

I can't get wheels until next winter now, money has run out (Dragonball and Florida within 24 hours of each other has seen to that)

Uk brakes mate, so most 17's are a no go, but thanks for the heads up, let me know if you spot anything else:cool:

I can't get wheels until next winter now, money has run out (Dragonball and Florida within 24 hours of each other has seen to that)

Fair enough mate I will keep my eyes peeled.

• 3 weeks later...

Not much of an Update really, as I have been concerntrating on getting the mechanicals done for the Dragonball

I've done a lot of small bits and pieces, like repaint the windsreen wiper arms, put some decals on the brake calipers and re-black my Black Leather seats

I have also put in a rear Sub and some Vibe rear speakers (hoping to upgrade the front door speakers as well soon), this rear sub is a temperory one until I get the time to do my rear seat build, knowing me that will be a year or so away yet

Headlights have now been refurbed, just need some dry weather to put them back in, I still plan to try and make some AbFlug style inserts out of my old inserts, but again that will be a long term project as I just want to start enjoying the Supra again this summer

How my sad Supra is looking this morning in the rain:(

Headlights waiting to go back in, I did try and save the Chrome rings, but when I peeled the masking tap off some of the Chrome came with it

Hoping to get these back in the car later, so will try and put another pic up with them in

As you can see the old inserts had had their day

The rear speakers that went in

and the Sub

Edited by DodgyRog (see edit history)

Headlights came out great!:thumbs:

There not perfect up close to be honest, but they are much better than before:cool:

The car is looking very nice, :)

Cheers:d

Well I have a happy Supra again, now off to put my Decat back on

Well it kept trying to rain, so rather than getting under the car I decided to tackle a job I have been putting off for ages, cutting the carpet and plastic trims for the rear strut brace to show in the boot

So out came the Sub I put in last week:taped: and I cracked on with it

I also foam lined all the plastic trims I cut up to make sure they don't rattle

Then put the Sub back in, that's another job done,

so now off to buy a new bath.........o the joys

Looking good mate, love the headlights all black. Need to do the same to mine.

They are not to bad to do mate, although I did melt mine on the back a little:innocent:

Mine need a re-do. Blueangel done mine, should of sent them to you Rog! Yours look mint.

You have had a lot of condensation issues with yours as well, which really makes a mess on the insides, that's what killed my chrome eventually

I wouldn't class mine as mint to be honest bud

Changed the Altenator today, what a surprisingly easy job that was, took me less than an hour and that included taking the undertray off.

When I did the one on my Pug Diesel Estate in the winter, it took a whole day, it was a killer of a job

Definately a big up to Toyota on that job

The Supra's all ready for the Dragonball, only 10 days left to go

Pleased to say we had a run upto my Mum's in the New Forest on Monday (pre Dragonball test run) and although it rained all the way up and then the sun came out, there is no sign of condensation in the headlights and the 2nd hand Altenator I have had here for a couple of years seems to be working fine (fingers crossed)

Just hope it stays that way:cool:

Just realised I never put up the photo of the reverse El-Glo's at night

So daytime

http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj152/DodgyRogSupra/DSC03546.jpg

and night (blue option, there's a greeny colour as well, but it's not nice)

http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj152/DodgyRogSupra/DSC03658.jpg

Note the Full Tank of Fuel ready for the Dragonball:D

Love them dials :love:

Love them dials :love:

I am really happy with them, they are not to over the top and don't glare at night

I have seen a few dash/interiors and wonder how they can see past all the glare to see the road at night (that really makes me sound old:rolleyes:)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Not sure if these stand a hope in hell of fitting on your car mate, but saw them and thought of you.

Work VS 18" 12j et13 12.5cm LIP! in chrome £650! Bargain

http://www.driftworks.com/forum/wheels-tyres-sale-private-sales/175988-work-vs-18x12-et-13-a.html

They are only a pair by the looks of it, I think I might have sorted something on the wheel front, just need to save some £££'s

headlights look awesome

Thanks, but unfortunately one has developed a leak, so going to have to split it open again, when I actually get an hour to myself:rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...
looking good mate

love the dials

Thanks bud, if the sun ever comes out on a Sunday, I am planing to make a little video, it's got a bit (stupid) loud:music: due to putting a 3 inch Kakimoto exhaust on

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?272128-3-quot-cat-back-exhaust

Considering putting the 2nd cat back in and hoping that will reduce the volume a bit, I bought it in advance of a power upgrade, hopefully over the winter and thought I might get away with putting it on the N/A to allow me to recoup some money by selling my Nur Spec S, but the volume has increased way to much, even with the bung in

To be honest I could get away with it with the bung in, but I don't really like the sound it makes

Yep, only you realised it ;)

We all Love photos but bloody hell Rog your are taking it to extreme :D

Well as it is my build thread, it makes sense to post up pics of the things I have done to change my Supra, I always thought that is the point of a build thread:rolleyes: everyone has the choice whether to look or not;)

I know my build is small bits and pieces one at a time, but not everyone has a budget to do major work all the time

As you know, nearly everything I have done on my Supra has been with 2nd hand parts bought through the club or EBay, so this also can slow me down, waiting for a specific part to come up 2nd hand and in my budget

I would love to be able to do major engine work etc, but in some ways it's nice to only be able to do bits and pieces, it makes it feel like I am constantly moving forward, although it can be a bit frustrating when something comes up on the forum I would like, but the funds are not in my pocket

To be honest the look of the car has always been my priority, although I am now at the stage of looking for a sensible power increase, so that is the planned next stage of my build now, although I am still undecided on the route I am taking