How it got from Stock N/A to Wide TRD TT BPU -Pic Heavy

DodgyRog

• Replies 762
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Good job they have done on the rear lip Rog.

Thanks Mark, sorry I did not get to say bye yesterday, I am really happy with the rear spoiler, but I didn't really take any proper pics of it, which is a bit ironic. The pics I have got don't really show the smoothness of it.

Jared has got some photo's of it at different stages, so will put those up here when I get them

Car looks sweet..

I recommend a set of 19's to fill them arches.. Just my opinion..

Thanks, wheels are in the pipeline, but I need to save for them first. I think I may have sourced a pair of new wider Work VS-TX's, so might possibly be able to put the rears to the front and the new wider pair to the rear

Edited by DodgyRog (see edit history)

In my personal opinion.Car looks fantastic with new lip from the side and from the back :thumbs: but from the above looks awful. Blending has just ruined it and it looks like a gutter/rain trap :hide:

Glad you like it from 3 sides:D, hopefully you will both get to see it soon:cool:

I can see what your saying because the pics don't really show it properly, due to the sun being really low and causing bad shadowing, it's made the dip/gutter bit look much deaper than it is, it actually comes down the side of the boot less than a stock spoiler and a lot less than a TRD allowing the water to run away better than when a TRD is on the boot

When it was washed, no real amount water stayed in that area at all, at the end of the raised bit on the side of the boot it is only the boot, it has not been built up in that area

Hopefully you will like it more it when you see it soon

Got a few little things that I need to do when I get it back from ShellShocked, they have still got a couple of things to do yet just to tidy her up

Then I will start on the Headlight refurb, Windscreen wiper arms and still need to cut the rear carpet to show the rear strut brace

I also need to get it down to Brendan's to fit my lowering springs (on the front only), think I might have sourced a pair of wider Work VS alloys, so I can swap the rears to the front and put the wider ones on the rear. Hoping to be able to do these bits before the Dragonball

Then I need to start saving hard to try and get enough money together for a TT transplant next winter hopefully

O and then a possible colour change and rear seat delete with Speaker/Amp build

and Jen thinks it's nearly finished:rlol:

I am sure I have missed something

• 1 month later...

Well I have got the car home last night,

so a few better pics of the spoiler

For those that have not read through the previous stuff, the spoiler is one of Ibrar's Ridox style lip spoilers, heavily adapted and blended in by ShellShocked

Also over the winter I have had the inside edge of the arches painted black, I sprayed the inside of the diffuser matte black and a couple of other minor bits and pieces

Anyway a few pics now she is back home:cool:

All comments and suggestions welcome, but some may be ignored:p

:drool:

Stop dribbling on my car:d

archs look loads better black. i like the spoiler too.

The black inner arches have really helped disguise the wheel fitment issue:taped:

I am happy with the spoiler too, another gamble that I feel has paid off:cool:

Stop dribbling on my car:d

The black inner arches have really helped disguise the wheel fitment issue:taped:

I am happy with the spoiler too, another gamble that I feel has paid off:cool:

:D Archs have turned out great and after looking at yours I'm thinking of removing my spoiler for a bit.

Your car is looking stunning but its screaming for some amazing wheels..!

Totally agree bud, but funds are now all gone, so need to start saving again, wheels are going to be £2000 ish so it will have to wait for a while, maybe next winter if I am lucky

Cars looking awesome buddy!

How's the diffuser looking with the inside painted Matt black? I assume the greyness of the dry carbon annoyed you like mine is annoying me! Lol I had mine off a month or so back for a clean and I tried to back to black it (didn't work) then waxed it (didn't work..) the reason I have been hesitant to spray it was because I assumed the stones collecting in it would leave scratches if it was painted.

looks lush mate! jamsey's ssr's would of looked mental under your arches :) top work mannnnnn

I did really like them, but the offsets would not of been low enough and I need to save the money first:rolleyes: I still like the Racing Harts aswell

Cars looking awesome buddy!

How's the diffuser looking with the inside painted Matt black? I assume the greyness of the dry carbon annoyed you like mine is annoying me! Lol I had mine off a month or so back for a clean and I tried to back to black it (didn't work) then waxed it (didn't work..) the reason I have been hesitant to spray it was because I assumed the stones collecting in it would leave scratches if it was painted.

Yeah I was having the same problem with the diffuser, it was really annoying me not being able to keep it clean looking, it looks so much better now

As for how the Matte black is going to hold up, I can't be sure yet, but I went with Matte because it's very easy to touch it up, so if I have to give it quick spray every few months then it's worth the effort

Now you have back to blacked and waxed, you would have to give it a major clean to remove it, as paint does not like sticking to either of them