The mkiv Supra Owners Club

NA supercharger build

barneybrendan

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can you explain in more depth about the oil filter area clearance issues? I am pretty good at sorting these as I come across this a lot when road car engines are adapted to go into race car chassis's.

i have 6cm clearance from the block where the original filter housing mounted.what i need is almost like a sandwich plate to bolt to the block with 2 pipes coming off to the oil filter relocator.

a couple of the pics show the sort of clearance issue i have.

im impressed i must admit.

Many people have undertaken this sort of project and failed but this 1 actualy looks quite promising, hell the supercharger actualy fits in a reasonably sensible place

nice work

i cant understand why nobody has thought of putting it here,it just made perfect sense to me just had to find the right model m90.

My first comment on this post, and it is that i find this a refreshing change to, and partly due to the recent crop of " I'm going to get such and such power" or "I'm going to finish this by" type threads;)

You seem to have actually given the conversion a lot of thought, and gone about it in a methodical if somewhat trial and error way, you gladly take sensible advice and criticism and admit to making mistakes, without chucking toys, and so far i can't say that anything you have posted has given me cause to question methods or technicality's

(much:innocent:)

So i look forward to seeing the end results:thumbs:

Subscribed!

as this is a learning curve im sure on some aspects people have better ideas .i take critisism constructivly because i view it as help.the thing is you can spend so much time on something that you can become blinded by what needs doing correct.no doubt i will be making more mistakes but hopefully that will help others not to make the same ones.

i have 6cm clearance from the block where the original filter housing mounted.what i need is almost like a sandwich plate to bolt to the block with 2 pipes coming off to the oil filter relocator.

a couple of the pics show the sort of clearance issue i have.

I may have something suitable, I have locked up shop for the night, but I'll try and get a photo over the weekend. It's an adaptor to remote mount the oil filter, and it's quite slim. The issue will be where the pipes come out of it. Are you stripping the engine before it's run? If so drill and tap the holes in the filter area of the block to take pipe adaptors coming off at suitable angles.

I may have something suitable, I have locked up shop for the night, but I'll try and get a photo over the weekend. It's an adaptor to remote mount the oil filter, and it's quite slim. The issue will be where the pipes come out of it. Are you stripping the engine before it's run? If so drill and tap the holes in the filter area of the block to take pipe adaptors coming off at suitable angles.

cheers.wasnt planning on stripping the engine.wanted to run it to see what it does,then rebuild the other one.i did think of tapping the hole out that returns to the sump as a last resort.but if i could get some sort of slim fitting ,that would make it more user friendly.idealy it needs to be like the part that screws to the housing for remote fitting.but have a bolt through it instead of it screwing on.if i can only get something that pushes the charger over more then was thinking of half mooning the chassis like we used to do on the old fiestas when fitting a 5 speed box.

has anybody left the pas cooling pipes in place.

You can only junk them if you fit another cooler. From memory some FMICs come with replacements where as others just require you to bend or move it.

Some track setups replace them with a proper cooling matrix and 10mm piping, something that is on my todo list :D

been thinking about the oil filter housing problem ,and looking at the relocation kit.

drill a hole through the middle.then a hole in the side tapped out for a fitting.then screw into the block a hollow bolt .place the relocation part over this then secure with a nut.fit a 90 degree elbow to the hollow bolt.then the pipes can run from this to the part that holds the filter.

20122009178.jpg

20122009179.jpg

20122009180.jpg

20122009181.jpg