The mkiv Supra Owners Club

SRD RSP Heritage No.1.

Chingy

3 hours ago, mharvey said:

WOW!!! They might just be my favourite wheel ever, they look incredible!

I think RSP with those wheels is exactly how my dream supra would look (if I win the lottery we'll have matching cars haha).

Look forward to the next updates. 👍

Thanks mate… they are a good looking wheel. Tough toss up between these and the Classics 😬

CCW though all the way… well until a set of OEMs rock up 😆

49EA2F5A-BE2E-4843-A6AC-57910EC88823.png

• Like 2

So a friend of mine did some cool digging on the car…

….apparently there were only ever 12 RSP RZ Supras made between 2001 and 2002 at Toyota before production seized. 6 in 2001 & 6 in 2002, this is car No.4 making it the last 9th ever made RZ in 8L5 to roll of the production line having been built at the Kanto Plant (M22) of April 2001!

This GF-JZA80-ALFQZ model (RZ) was the most expensive Supra offered by Toyota, this particular car was ordered/came with Factory and Dealer options:

i.            RZ  -  3.0 Turbo Charged V161.

ii.            8L5 - (Royal Sapphire Pearl) Colour Code.

iii.            FB20 - Black Recaro (Confetti SR2).

iv.            D6A0 - Drivers (dead pedal) Alloy Foot Rest.

v.            D7A0 - Alloy Driver’s Foot Pedals.

vi.            D4A0 - Foot Well Lighting.

vii.            Q4A0 – Side Skirts & Rear Spats.

viii.            370mm Carbon Fibre Steering Wheel.

ix.            REAS Suspension (Relative Absorber System).

x.            Large Brakes.

xi.            17inch Staggered Wheels.

xii.            90km/h – 70km/h Active Front Spoiler.

xiii.            Electric Folding Mirrors.

xiv.            Series 2 Chrome Speedo Cluster Rings/Bezels.

Pretty cool info and hopefully once completed a pretty special car for a No.1 SRD Heritage Build. Can’t wait & thought I would share, one for the enthusiasts….. or as my Son says, it’s basically a Blue Supra!!

HNY!!

• Like 3

Thats a swell ride. I bought meself a set of them wheels and I am awaiting my friend to send it over from his state of our country over to mine. How did your friend manage to get all the add on information or dealer options for you? I admire you for making a true and rare gem like this look OEM again. Well done mate.

This is another reason why, despite me not living or having ever visited the UK, I love this forum. Managed to get a few things off of here for my car from some incredible people. You have attributed to this feeling by showing me what a REAS system is. I have heard of it on certain model Toyotas, the supra and soarer being one of them but never in my life knew there was a motor attached to the hydraulics on the shocks for this. Really cool to have this on a rare supra.

One day I hope to have that colour on one of my supras.

Edited by SupraTRD_MK4
Didnt see other post, had to comment on that so edited instead (see edit history)
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, SupraTRD_MK4 said:

Thats a swell ride. I bought meself a set of them wheels and I am awaiting my friend to send it over from his state of our country over to mine. How did your friend manage to get all the add on information or dealer options for you? I admire you for making a true and rare gem like this look OEM again. Well done mate.

This is another reason why, despite me not living or having ever visited the UK, I love this forum. Managed to get a few things off of here for my car from some incredible people. You have attributed to this feeling by showing me what a REAS system is. I have heard of it on certain model Toyotas, the supra and soarer being one of them but never in my life knew there was a motor attached to the hydraulics on the shocks for this. Really cool to have this on a rare supra.

One day I hope to have that colour on one of my supras.

Thanks for appreciation much appreciated.

Looking forward to seeing this all come together now I have pretty much got all the parts needed for swop, not long I hope.

The wheels when they arrive for you will look great.

Got family in the East so really helpful when seeking history etc on a car.

Yes it’s a great forum, good site for info via the search facility with bundles of archives that have been added to over the years….

15 yrs ago back in its hey day it was an awesome site a real social hub, I’ve made many a friend on here and very grateful for all that keep it going despite other social media sites now available. Also still an OG or two active on here 👍 

Pleasure Chingy. Ah I see, nice to have family over there. Must help out with a lot of things I hope. Yeah just waiting now on the wheels, gent is busy with building and construction so he gets delayed. Its been 2 months now but I trust the guy but I am awaiting them eagerly to fit on my non running car lol.

Haven't been here for long but have been before Covid started and I agree with you. I still feel this place is better than FB or any other place.

I have had help from one or two OG on this site. I was grateful that they could assist me.

Keep it up mate, look forward to the final product once its all OEM again.

On 1/14/2022 at 7:48 AM, mattdavies said:

I am throughly enjoyning this reverse build. 

Keep the updates coming. 

Thanks mate, equally enjoying this and the oddly satisfying watching the attention to detail at SRD to put back to how Mr Toyota intended

22 hours ago, TuneR said:

Yes its different but thats the way the market/demand is currently, imo i'd spray the old exhaust with heat resistant paint. It'd help with keeping the rust away, also they weigh a ton lol.

Possibly paint the body of the back box but car will never see a wet day going forward lol

SRD arranged for the wheels to be refinished and amazed, serious they are as new stock Toyota colours 😎

Car is a 2001 so period correct would be the facelift set but we are are undecided on which set to fit as always liked the clean lines of the pre facelift 17’s….hmmm

7223B342-A189-417A-BF4F-40D4913DB31B.jpeg

Edited by Chingy (see edit history)
  • Like 1