The mkiv Supra Owners Club

SRD RSP Heritage No.1.

Chingy

20 minutes ago, Tyson said:

Just shows if you look after something it will last for a long long time.

Definitely mate, luckily these where just left stored in a huge warehouse and simply forgotten about in there Toyota packaging. First interference was when I cut open the box…. 

On 10/31/2021 at 6:40 AM, Chingy said:

For those interested a somewhat interesting however different build.

For context…. my son turned three this year and the little petrol head he already is has been wanting me to get him a car😳 (I know at three) and one in his favourite colour blue.

So there I had it, the reason to my wife that I had to get another Supra, the only downside is trying to find a clean stock car but now also one in RSP.

A year on and I had bid and lost on two cars in Japan, viewed a car in Denmark, and reviewed two possible cars in Australia and Canada? However I could not simply secure a clean RSP.

That is until earlier this month……, through great friends and support I was able to secure a 2001 RSP VVTI TT 6 speed. The only twist is that this example has a some 1200bhp fully built engine running a PT7675…. Not quite the stock car we was after.

So there we have it……, starting off where most would finish we are returned the car back to OEM+

Once again I am fortunate enough to have SRD project managing the build and we hope to have this one across the line by the summer of 2022. Enjoy

E55B9BAE-087A-4F8F-8B13-F887E8C99412.jpeg

5F5F2F8B-503B-4B1C-B42E-CF93766EE417.jpeg

3342CE40-E506-4ECC-AA6E-76B345540305.jpeg

ABCB5B42-1C76-435D-9C9E-BAF73CE911FD.jpeg

Look at that adorable little boy. It seems like he is happy with the new car in the garage. 

2 hours ago, 4chrisbnvds said:

Look at that adorable little boy. It seems like he is happy with the new car in the garage. 

Yeah he can’t wait to drive around it with us. Every opportunity he gets he sits in it and is surprisingly interested in what’s going on with the build for a 3yr old. Keeps chasing me up for the bonnet that is currently being changed out.  Nice son and dad project. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Chingy said:

Yeah he can’t wait to drive around it with us. Every opportunity he gets he sits in it and is surprisingly interested in what’s going on with the build for a 3yr old. Keeps chasing me up for the bonnet that is currently being changed out.  Nice son and dad project. 

Keep the updates coming 😄 

On 11/17/2021 at 12:37 PM, Tyson said:

Keep the updates coming 😄 

Will do mate…. Recently sourced a stock bonnet after a swap for my carbon fibre one.

*Big Shout out to Will* thanks for the bonnet and great to meet you. 

Very fortunate to now have @baldy at the end of the paint gun for this next step prior to the car off to SRD for the tear down

F74C7075-F81A-4940-AFA3-A5BDD1703EBB.jpeg

6BF59191-6315-44EC-B954-2680CC26A506.jpeg

Edited by Chingy (see edit history)
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Swampy442 said:

Ive never seen REIS in real life, that has to be a rare thing

Me either buddy, Lee I believe also had never seen one so really looking forward to seeing it up and running as the car slowly goes back to all oem. 

To think that this was a factory option 20 odd years ago really does tell you something about Toyota and how special the Supra was 👍. Cool Car 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Chingy said:

From Sard to TRD to OEM… Spoiler ☑️ Off to @baldy for paint joining the bonnet & bumper.

*Shout out to Tom & his Mrs, nice to meet you both and thank you for sourcing the OEM stock spoiler*

Nice to meet you buddy, was great to put a face to the name and talk supras for a while. Cant wait to meet up again in the future!

I will hopefully be seeing you in the future for more parts!

• Like 2