The mkiv Supra Owners Club

SRD RSP Heritage No.1.

Chingy

For those interested a somewhat interesting however different build.

For context…. my son turned three this year and the little petrol head he already is has been wanting me to get him a car😳 (I know at three) and one in his favourite colour blue.

So there I had it, the reason to my wife that I had to get another Supra, the only downside is trying to find a clean stock car but now also one in RSP.

A year on and I had bid and lost on two cars in Japan, viewed a car in Denmark, and reviewed two possible cars in Australia and Canada? However I could not simply secure a clean RSP.

That is until earlier this month……, through great friends and support I was able to secure a 2001 RSP VVTI TT 6 speed. The only twist is that this example has a some 1200bhp fully built engine running a PT7675…. Not quite the stock car we was after.

So there we have it……, starting off where most would finish we are returning the car back to OEM+

Once again I am fortunate enough to have SRD project managing the build and we hope to have this one across the line by the summer of 2022. Enjoy

E55B9BAE-087A-4F8F-8B13-F887E8C99412.jpeg

5F5F2F8B-503B-4B1C-B42E-CF93766EE417.jpeg

3342CE40-E506-4ECC-AA6E-76B345540305.jpeg

ABCB5B42-1C76-435D-9C9E-BAF73CE911FD.jpeg

Edited by Chingy
I can’t speak (see edit history)
  • Like 6

• 2 weeks later...
40 minutes ago, Peter P said:

Finding one brand new V161 is pretty rare, but finding two?! Amazed you managed to find them, but I guess if you’re willing to pay for the right bits, they are out there. 🙂 

Very nice. 👍

Yes we all had a giggle when the second create new 161 came up and was like… got to have it what are the chances lol.

Funny thing is, the RSP came with an absolute mint V161 as well that has yet to be installed… got a video from Paul Cheshire giving it a clean bill of health after it was opens and inspected and simply resealed. 

Also I bought a low mileage 35,000km stock 2jz out of another local Supra to swap into the RSP (so can sell the built engine) but had to buy the gearbox on the back of it as well 🤦‍♂️

Going to end up with more V161’s than Toyota.

Here’s the lose box from the RSP and the other one from the separate engine bought.

All this to go back to stock 😂

A305D69B-C8FD-49C8-ADB0-F4C9393CD08C.jpeg

706B0026-A36F-4E34-89F0-D42C5518F6B6.jpeg

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Tyson said:

Bet there can’t be many untouched gearbox’s left, looking forward to the updates on this.

Think you right… I know of three create 161’s and I am privileged to own two of them.

Think there are though a few 160’s floating about still created like these in the states.

3 minutes ago, Chingy said:

Think you right… I know of three create 161’s and I am privileged to own two of them.

Think there are though a few 160’s floating about still created like these in the states.

My worry would be what they are like inside, given that they have been sat somewhere for at least 20 years. Guess you are having to replace all the rubbers and seals in your boxes as a matter of course?

1 minute ago, Krimi said:

Wow!! Great to see another good project in the section! Also love the look of your black one 🙂

….. should be a good one, a little different  and SRD are looking forward their expansion into exclusive Heritage builds. Very pleased to have a build slot.

Much appreciated, the black car is awesome, SRD did a blueprint 1000bhp build on that in 2018. Was meant to swap it out for a R34 when the RSP landed but couldn’t let it go..

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Tyson said:

My worry would be what they are like inside, given that they have been sat somewhere for at least 20 years. Guess you are having to replace all the rubbers and seals in your boxes as a matter of course?

No not at all. The black Wangan box was fitted a few years back and is perfect. Drives like new and those who have also driven her say it’s the best box they have ever felt. No faults, leaks whatsoever.

They are still in the factory create wrapped, sealed and greased internal and externally by Toyota.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Chingy said:

….. should be a good one, a little different  and SRD are looking forward their expansion into exclusive Heritage builds. Very pleased to have a build slot.

Much appreciated, the black car is awesome, SRD did a blueprint 1000bhp build on that in 2018. Was meant to swap it out for a R34 when the RSP landed but couldn’t let it go..

Your black car honestly its inspirational for my build also, love the build, look, and tastefully collection of parts that you have there. Keep up with the good work!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Krimi said:

Your black car honestly its inspirational for my build also, love the build, look, and tastefully collection of parts that you have there. Keep up with the good work!

Thank you very much, kindly appreciated. Credit to Steve the previous owner and SRD who’s team project manage the builds and compliment the servicing.

Look forward to the updates on your black car 👌

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Big Supes said:

Nice to see the Wangan Supra being well cared for. I used to love seeing that car at meets. 

Epic build for your lad. Stuff of dreams. He'll never forget it. 😎👍

Thanks mate, it’s been a journey to get here but grateful of all the support from old and new friends along the way

63A03161-1A3A-4E74-9FC8-C8B8EC6A91BB.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Chingy said:

No not at all. The black Wangan box was fitted a few years back and is perfect. Drives like new and those who have also driven her say it’s the best box they have ever felt. No faults, leaks whatsoever.

They are still in the factory create wrapped, sealed and greased internal and externally by Toyota.

Just shows if you look after something it will last for a long long time.