The mkiv Supra Owners Club

SRD RSP Heritage No.1.

Chingy

Looking forward to seeing the seats post refurb.  I don't think I've ever seen any OEM recaros subject to more than a bolster repair.

I did the lower bolsters on my car, but the upper ones aren't available so would need to be custom work.

I can see that the bolster repair you refer to is a lower one, but I'm intruged to see the result of any custom upper bolster repair you might need.

May I ask where you found the correct or matching material for the seats?

7 hours ago, Hammer said:

Great build and really enjoying the thread, great work with both. Lovely supra. Looking forward to seeing the end result, well done.

Thanks mate, much appreciated. Team at SRD doing a great job of project managing it

5 hours ago, mwilkinson said:

Looking forward to seeing the seats post refurb.  I don't think I've ever seen any OEM recaros subject to more than a bolster repair.

I did the lower bolsters on my car, but the upper ones aren't available so would need to be custom work.

I can see that the bolster repair you refer to is a lower one, but I'm intruged to see the result of any custom upper bolster repair you might need.

May I ask where you found the correct or matching material for the seats?

Yes trying to go the extra mile for this build, should be good. Phil is a master of his craft.

Material was sourced from Australia... Phil had contacted Recaro here in the UK but one of the materials discontinued the other out if stick with no eta 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Chingy said:

Sehr geschätzt 

Wenn es verfügbar ist ... SRD Tuning Stock oder kann  https://www.srdtuning.com beziehen

I have in the store this tarp , but very, very expensive, also have this tarp , but for 80 euros and it is in excellent quality

https://www.srdtuning.com/product/coverzone-kalahari-fleece-car-cover-a80-supra/

Plane 11.jpg

2 hours ago, Chingy said:

SRD Heritage Services.. 21 Jahre zurückgezogen, zerlegt, gereinigt, dampfgestrahlt, gereinigt und wiederholt. Bei diesen Jungs steckt der Teufel im Detail. 

8C477F20-0F84-48C7-8913-A3024C5F2D06.jpeg

F177C4F1-6990-4CDD-AD9D-D8D54537EE3D.jpeg

D24F48BC-A572-457F-BEA9-0C58EDEDC769.jpeg

5B8B0436-A427-4E27-ABAE-B9DAB3DCBFE7.jpeg

Awesome, very good work and have they done that without glass bead blasting, or sandblasting

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dieter said:

Awesome, very good work and have they done that without glass bead blasting, or sandblasting

SRD use Vapor blasting it is a surface refinishing process used to clean and restore surfaces. Instead of dry abrasive media (used in sandblasting), it uses a combination of water, compressed air, detergents with finer and gentler media to remove oxidized metal and corrosion.

3 hours ago, Dieter said:

oh, I have to tell you something else, if you want to buy the Car Cover, you have to take absolutely size XL, because of our OEM rear spoiler

👍

4 hours ago, Dieter said:

You own 2 Supras, right ?

Yes very fortunate to have two… just need a bigger garage now 😉

EF2A503A-3327-44A9-A2FA-336DC860C491.jpeg

91568416-C75A-4D39-8AD0-4217BBCD9EC1.jpeg

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Chingy said:

Verwendung von SRD Dampfstrahlen ist ein Verfahren zur Oberflächennachbearbeitung, das zum Reinigen und Wiederherstellen von Oberflächen verwendet wird. Anstelle trockener Schleifmittel (wie beim Sandstrahlen) verwendet es eine Kombination aus Wasser, Druckluft, Reinigungsmitteln mit feineren und sanfteren Mitteln, um oxidiertes Metall und Korrosion zu entfernen.

👍

Ja, sehr glücklich, zwei zu haben ... brauche jetzt nur eine größere Garage😉

EF2A503A-3327-44A9-A2FA-336DC860C491.jpeg

91568416-C75A-4D39-8AD0-4217BBCD9EC1.jpeg

Top 👍😉👍

• Like 1

Very, very nice, you investts really good and it will all look like new later, whatt have you paid for the valve covers lid and where bought, if I may ask?
On the weekend I still installed the new window trim right door and new window is also already inside, now still left side new window, I already have the moldings, dashboard is also completely OEM repainted ( do you want to see pictures of the dash ? )

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

New Strip 1.jpg

New Strip 2.jpg

New Strip 3.jpg

5 minutes ago, Wishieftrottle said:

Sehr schönes Ding Chingy! 😍Glauben Sie, dass T die Farbe der Abdeckung geändert hat? Es sieht so aus, als wäre meins von 1997 eher grünlich und das neue 👍sowieso ziemlich blau, ich freue mich immer auf neue Updates von Ihnen☺️

Screenshot_20220322_093431_com.android.chrome.jpg

So I definitely like the new cover better and what did you pay for the Valve Cover and where did you buy it ?

3 hours ago, Wishieftrottle said:

Very nice stuff Chingy! 😍 Do you think that T changed the color of cover? It looks like mine from 1997 is more greenish and new one is pretty blue👍 anyway, always looking forward for new updates from you ☺️

Screenshot_20220322_093431_com.android.chrome.jpg

Thanks buddy. Quite satisfying to see SRD put it back to showroom new condition with all the new parts they keep sourcing.

Colour wise, it’s definitely brighter probably being fresh paint and not faded with heat etc but think the colour is the same, think my old iPhone camera playing tricks 😊

3B050FBF-57D1-48D4-A434-E3701B15B806.jpeg

BBE3AF6A-37CA-45DC-BCC7-A659AEB2C35A.jpeg

3 hours ago, Dieter said:

So I definitely like the new cover better and what did you pay for the Valve Cover and where did you buy it ?

Many thanks, all parts sourced through Lee @ SRD who are project managing the build under their new Heritage stage services 👍