The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Coronavirus Or The Virus From China

Frank Bullitt

On 12/10/2021 at 7:09 AM, The Raven said:

I have no idea why they have deleted it. 

Im quite clear on my stance on that. You have the right to refuse, same as you have the right to refuse any form of medical intervention.

Removing it wont change anyones mind seems like a pointless thing to do. 

I dont think its a huge cover up as removing it serves no purpose im open to suggestions as to why they may have done it and what they hoped to gain from it.

That is what I was asking you, I know your stance but wondered what you thought about them running the poll then deleting it after the results were in. It’s very strange for sure, akin to throwing your toys out of the pram?

4 hours ago, Frank Bullitt said:

That is what I was asking you, I know your stance but wondered what you thought about them running the poll then deleting it after the results were in. It’s very strange for sure, akin to throwing your toys out of the pram?

I doubt good morning Britain have that much of a stake in the game. If they where that bothered they may not get the result that they wanted they wouldnt have run it. I suppose you could claim the government runs the media.

Id counter and claim they clearly dont seeing boris is being pushed though the meat grinder.  Has there been any explanation? 

Edited by The Raven (see edit history)

2 minutes ago, The Raven said:

I doubt good morning Britain have that much of a stake in the game. If they where that bothered they may not get the result that they wanted they wouldnt have run it

Not sure it’s about a stake in any game and not sure what game you think they might be playing.

But the question still remains unanswered. Why delete it?

The only thing I can think of is that they didn't like the result so thew their toys out of the pram and hoped on one would notice. Can you think of any other logical reason for doing something like that?

10 minutes ago, Frank Bullitt said:

Not sure it’s about a stake in any game and not sure what game you think they might be playing.

But the question still remains unanswered. Why delete it?

The only thing I can think of is that they didn't like the result so thew their toys out of the pram and hoped on one would notice. Can you think of any other logical reason for doing something like that?

By stake in the game i mean I dont know why good morning Britain would want any outcome over another. Its also odd to think "no one will notice" I guess if they wanted an outcome and didn't get it they could delete it seems pointless and just causes more issues.

Where they going to discuss the outcome? I can see them not wanting to do that light fully tv show descending into deep divide. 

They have history for doing this, they ran a poll about eurovison being held in Israel only to delete it. 

15 minutes ago, The Raven said:

By stake in the game i mean I dont know why good morning Britain would want any outcome over another. Its also odd to think "no one will notice" I guess if they wanted an outcome and didn't get it they could delete it seems pointless and just causes more issues.

Where they going to discuss the outcome? I can see them not wanting to do that light fully tv show descending into deep divide. 

They have history for doing this, they ran a poll about eurovison being held in Israel only to delete it. 

100%

I didn’t know they had a habit of this type of behaviour. Pretty childish deleting a poll just because you don’t like the outcome.

39 minutes ago, Frank Bullitt said:

100%

I didn’t know they had a habit of this type of behaviour. Pretty childish deleting a poll just because you don’t like the outcome.

I dont think its because they dont like the outcome per say i think if it had gone the other way they may well of done the same As i said i dont know why they care one way or another. However i can see them looking at that and deciding its way to much of a dynamite question for crappy morning tv. The israel poll was very close to. They dont want to touch that with a 10 foot pole. Id guess someone allowed it on, they saw the way it was going panic ensued at the thought of having to do a serious conversation about it so they pulled it and hoped it would go away. 

For example today's poll was "is it cruel to dress up a dog"  hard hitting news right there. 

38 minutes ago, The Raven said:

I dont think its because they dont like the outcome per say i think if it had gone the other way they may well of done the same As i said i dont know why they care one way or another. However i can see them looking at that and deciding its way to much of a dynamite question for crappy morning tv. The israel poll was very close to. They dont want to touch that with a 10 foot pole. Id guess someone allowed it on, they saw the way it was going panic ensued at the thought of having to do a serious conversation about it so they pulled it and hoped it would go away. 

For example today's poll was "is it cruel to dress up a dog"  hard hitting news right there. 

A news channel that can’t do contentious news 🤣 These guys were around in the 70’s and 80’s WTF happened. Did the world go soft? Miners strikes, a Yorkshire Police force that was insanely brutal, IRA bombings were just the tip.

Re the dressing up of dogs question. I would say it all depends of how the dog identifies. Owners really shouldn’t presume 😇

Edited by Frank Bullitt
Spelling. (see edit history)

11 hours ago, mc92 said:

MPs have voted today for "plan B". I guess the christmas-party distraction-variant was excuse enough. A variant so terrifying and dangerous that it has killed 0 people worldwide.

Papieren bitte!

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-news-live-close-contacts-now-required-to-take-daily-tests-as-mps-prepare-to-vote-on-plan-b-restrictions-12469075

Could be worse could be in Scotland. Not sure they are keen to help cover up a tory party but old nick has moved even further. 

What amuses me is she knows how utterly disastrous i would be to try and impose xmas restrictions so until xmas eve dont meet more than 3 familes per day. Then xmas eve day and boxing day do what ever you want, then back to the 3 again. 

If you are going to do at least have the balls to do it right or dont do it at all 

13 hours ago, mc92 said:

A variant so terrifying and dangerous that it has killed 0 people worldwide.

Wrong. Of course they could be lying to you, and it's all part of the New World Order.  https://www.reuters.com/world/uk/britain-says-omicron-spreading-phenomenal-rate-2021-12-13/

Edited by Thorin (see edit history)

3 minutes ago, Thorin said:

Wrong. Of course they could be lying to you, and it's all part of the New World Order.  https://www.reuters.com/world/uk/britain-says-omicron-spreading-phenomenal-rate-2021-12-13/

The issue is COVID takes 6 to 8 weeks to kill you. Hopefully they are right and this is Mild. However we won’t know until new year. At the rate of infection if even 2 percent end up needing hospital some doctors will be deciding who to treat. 

I still remember the scenes in Italy and India. 

4 hours ago, Thorin said:

Nice to see you enter a conversation with an open mind and being respectful towards others. If you can’t control your disdain maybe this isn’t the thread for you.

37 minutes ago, Frank Bullitt said:

Nice to see you enter a conversation with an open mind and being respectful towards others. If you can’t control your disdain maybe this isn’t the thread for you.

I disdain many people. Not seeing a forum moderator badge there Frank?

The unflushable turd that is Chris Oddball Witty doom-mongering with dodgy psuedoscience again? 

Must be serious. Oh wait. He's yet to get one prediction right, his dodgy graphs and stats are deliberately skewed, it's flu season and there's another shot on the table from his pal, Bill. 

If people can't see this reoccurring theme by now, we're screwed. 

13 hours ago, Thorin said:

I'm just following The Science: https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-boris-johnson-over-reacting-to-omicron-and-creating-hysteria-south-african-doctor-dr-angelique-coetzee-says-12495876

Note that 13% of people in South Africa have HIV, and only 30% of their population have been vaccinated, putting them in a far worse situation than us. If it's not a big deal there I'm questioning why it's a big deal here.

You'll note that the single reported death in the UK was "with" omicron, not "of" omicron. It's carefully worded.

There's simply no need to jump straight into the ad-hominems and paint me as some kind of antivax lunatic just because I've come to a conclusion based on publically available information. I know political tribalism makes people very angry about inconsequential things, but we should all try to be above that and debate each other in a civil manner.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, mc92 said:

I'm just following The Science: https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-boris-johnson-over-reacting-to-omicron-and-creating-hysteria-south-african-doctor-dr-angelique-coetzee-says-12495876

Note that 13% of people in South Africa have HIV, and only 30% of their population have been vaccinated, putting them in a far worse situation than us. If it's not a big deal there I'm questioning why it's a big deal here.

You'll note that the single reported death in the UK was "with" omicron, not "of" omicron. It's carefully worded.

There's simply no need to jump straight into the ad-hominems and paint me as some kind of antivax lunatic just because I've come to a conclusion based on publically available information. I know political tribalism makes people very angry about inconsequential things, but we should all try to be above that and debate each other in a civil manner.

As I said above COVID won’t kill most people for 6 to 8 weeks. To continually claim no one here is dead is fine but the real affects will show mid jan. 

Im slightly amused that everyone’s jumping on the South Africa said it’s fine. 

My whole understanding of the virus and vaccine is based multiple countries using their own scientific teams to evaluate the situation. If everyone decides it’s mild and let it rip though then fair enough. One country saying it not so much. Didn’t work to well with China.

Do people really want our government to take that chance? Makes no odds to me to wear a mask vs South Africa being wrong as the results would be horrific. 

To put it in car terms it’s like seeing the orange low oil light come on. It’s not red? Could be a leak? Probably be ok? That one guy said it would? Then still driving the 100 mile round trip. 

personally I hope your right and they have over reacted I would take zero pleasure in the other option. 

*edit* 

I see France don’t subscribe to the “it’s fine” view and have now put us on the red list, I’m sure it’s just to distract from boris eating cheese.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, The Raven said:

As I said above COVID won’t kill most people for 6 to 8 weeks. To continually claim no one here is dead is fine but the real affects will show mid jan. 

Im slightly amused that everyone’s jumping on the South Africa said it’s fine. 

My whole understanding of the virus and vaccine is based multiple countries using their own scientific teams to evaluate the situation. If everyone decides it’s mild and let it rip though then fair enough. One country saying it not so much. Didn’t work to well with China.

Do people really want our government to take that chance? Makes no odds to me to wear a mask vs South Africa being wrong as the results would be horrific. 

To put it in car terms it’s like seeing the orange low oil light come on. It’s not red? Could be a leak? Probably be ok? That one guy said it would? Then still driving the 100 mile round trip. 

personally I hope your right and they have over reacted I would take zero pleasure in the other option. 

Covid won't kill the vast majority of people, fullstop. 

In car terms, its like an annoying wiper blade that's had it. 99% of people will be fine driving with it, but those who are already heading off a cliff will crash and die "with it". 

Edited by Big Supes (see edit history)

15 minutes ago, Dnk said:

I'm reading the symptoms of the new variant are pretty much the same 

sore throat, dry cough, headache, runny nose & fatigue ? 

From what im reading more or less. Some confusion over the loss of taste tho. 

On different note i ventured onto the daily mail comments page today. So far covid is about

Smuggling in the green agenda via 

Ending the use of cash

Distracting from Boris eating cheese 

Bill gates,  still have no idea on this one if anyone can tell me why gates is behind all this im honestly interested in it. 

And since France banned us, its all about brexit with a side option of its to stop us controlling the immigrant crossings 

As i dont know anyone personally that believe in any of the above i wonder if the subsets of people disagree with each other. What i mean is on the protest marches are they all there as one big force or do they bicker with each other over what they think is going on. 

• Haha 1