The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Coronavirus Or The Virus From China

Frank Bullitt

The end of the world is nigh and with The Four Horsemen due to make an appearance stage left, leaving us in a post-apocalyptic mad max world where society has collapsed, what are your thoughts?

Where is the world headed?

Will money cease to exist?

Will this be a chance for the powers that be to control the people further using more and more stringent laws to strip us of our rights and privacy?

Should China be penalised for lying about the virus, incarcerating the doctors that initially tried bringing this to the worlds attention and then lying about their number of infected and number of dead?

Conspiracy theories welcome too but please make them decent.

Also if you want to post any facts please make sure they are from a credible source and cross checked as much as possible as there is enough misinformation out there.

Should China be penalised for lying about the virus, incarcerating the doctors that initially tried bringing this to the worlds attention and then lying about their number of infected and number of dead?

And while we are stirring that particular pot can we throw WHO in as well for their shocking stance and championing of China's failures/lies/deception

I saw a report that if China had played a straight bat about the virus 75% of the infections could have been avoided, I will see if i can dig it up.

https://hongkongfp.com/2020/03/14/china-may-prevented-95-virus-cases-acted-silenced-whistleblowers-warning/

Edited by MaveriK
Link added (see edit history)

And while we are stirring that particular pot can we throw WHO in as well for their shocking stance and championing of China's failures/lies/deception

I saw a report that if China had played a straight bat about the virus 75% of the infections could have been avoided, I will see if i can dig it up.

https://hongkongfp.com/2020/03/14/china-may-prevented-95-virus-cases-acted-silenced-whistleblowers-warning/

Without a doubt.

The W.H.O had the power to step in yet decided for political and financial funding reasons that it was best for all concerned to play the PC game and not declare a pandemic. The powers that be have seen this unfold since the early reports way back in December yet failed to act and get what would be needed in place.

Now there are mutterings about opening everything back up to protect the economy, it just goes to show the world we live in is more interested in the bottom line of their bank statement.

How the other half appear to be dealing with this... https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/mar/11/disease-dodging-worried-wealthy-jet-off-to-disaster-bunkers

It's actually "the Chinese virus" according to the blonde bimbo. On a more serious note, I've already voiced my opinion on this situation on various threads. I'll try and link it all below:

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?357059-Chasing-the-bog-rolls

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?357211-Disinfecting-shopping

On the pollution piece, I hope Greta is in isolation? Anyone heard from it?

Edited by Mo Reviews
Links added. (see edit history)

The diversion of Love for Money loosely disguised as wishful thinking for a magical Herd Immunity, exacerbated by the inexcusably small amount of testing, combined with the embarrassing number of folks too dim to understand Social Distancing and with freedom to run about in public places panting heavily amongst others, is a combination that is highly likely to soon put deaths in the U.K. top of the European League.

The U.S. has far more dim folks than U.K, which will guarantee them to soon become Top of the Global League, until India and Third World countries surpass all.

Stay at home and keep safe.

Well I guess the West won't really have a pension problem anymore...

The destruction of more lives outside the West will all depend on whether the virus is equally effective and efficient in warmer climates. I really hope that it is not, because if it is then I fear for the hundreds of thousands, if not millions, who will sadly perish in Africa and Asia. According to the government, circa 80% of the population will get this infection, so with a mortality rate of just 1%, we're still talking some 60,000,000 fatalities globally.

To echo David's sentiment; stay home unless you want to be intubated by a gynaecologist, or worst still, become the reason why a loved one is no longer with us.

The destruction of more lives outside the West will all depend on whether the virus is equally effective and efficient in warmer climates. I really hope that it is not, because if it is then I fear for the hundreds of thousands, if not millions, who will sadly perish in Africa and Asia. According to the government, circa 80% of the population will get this infection, so with a mortality rate of just 1%, we're still talking some 60,000,000 fatalities globally.

To echo David's sentiment; stay home unless you want to be intubated by a gynaecologist, or worst still, become the reason why a loved one is no longer with us.

Looking at the health care available i wouldn't want to be in India or Africa if this takes off there

Countries in the Southern Hemisphere appear to be suffering a similar pattern as in the North, which is looking to put "less voracious in warmer climates" onto the same wishful hope list as "Herd Immunity" and the 1% mortality rate is dependent on sufficient Hospitals with Intensive Care Units, oxygen and ventilators many of them don't have. Consequently, compounded with prior poor nutrition and poor infrastructure, it is almost inevitable that the "just 1%" could become several percent more.

Edited by David P (see edit history)

Countries in the Southern Hemisphere appear to be suffering a similar pattern as in the North, which is looking to put "less voracious in warmer climates" onto the same wishful hope list as "Herd Immunity" and the 1% mortality rate is dependent on sufficient Hospitals with Intensive Care Units, oxygen and ventilators many of them don't have. Consequently, compounded with prior poor nutrition and poor infrastructure, it is inevitable that the "just 1%" will become several percent more.

Whilst I am happy to concede that the Southern hemisphere appears to be following a similar trajectory as the North, it is still very early days and we simply do not have enough data to be able to come to an accurate scientific conclusion.

I also agree that herd immunity was a stupid idea with cataclysmic consequences. Though, I maintain the fatality rate of the virus, judging by the mortality rate of other similar Coronaviruses, is likely to be less than 1%. Currently, we are under the illusion that the mortality rate is greater than 1% because we are, sadly, not testing enough. I would argue that at least 20-25% of the world population has now been infected by the virus. This would give us a figure of 1.5-2B! Official figures currently stand at less than 2M! The statistics are therefore irrelevant at this point - garbage in, garbage out.

We can't fight an invisible enemy. We need to test everyone, isolate and quarantine the infected and trace any individuals they have been in contact with, rinse, repeat. It's the only way we'll get on top of this pandemic until a vaccine becomes available for the masses, not just for the select few.

Edited by Mo Reviews
Grammar. (see edit history)

Whilst I am happy to concede that the Southern hemisphere appears to be following a similar trajectory as the North, it is still very early days and we simply do not have enough data to be able to come to an accurate scientific conclusion.

I also agree that herd immunity was a stupid idea with cataclysmic consequences. Though, I maintain the fatality rate of the virus, judging by the mortality rate of other similar Coronaviruses, is likely to be less than 1%. Currently, we are under the illusion that the mortality rate is greater than 1% because we are, sadly, not testing enough. I would argue that at least 20-25% of the world population has now been infected by the virus. This would give us a figure of 1.5-2B! Official figures currently stand at less than 2M! The statistics are therefore irrelevant at this point - garbage in, garbage out.

We can't fight an invisible enemy. We need to test everyone, isolate and quarantine the infected and trace any individuals they have been in contact with, rinse, repeat. It's the only way we'll get on top of this pandemic until a vaccine becomes available for the masses, not just for the select few.

In the U.K, without a total lock-down that's impracticable and millions of tests that are impossible for the "system", it is now too widespread to "isolate and quarantine the infected and trace any individuals".

That should have been done here no later than February.

In Third World countries crowded slums without running water, no money, no food, and no healthcare or even an address, this would be impossible to administer.

The bottom line appears to be; to "ration" deaths to an "acceptable" figure until herd immunity eventually comes along and helps the statistics.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-52219930

For anyone unfortunate enough to be one of the somewhat random "1%", life is going to be a "Russian Roulette" until a vaccine is developed.

Even so...... my dimwit neighbours continue to behave as if this National Emergency is a National Holiday!

Edited by David P (see edit history)

The isolate, quarantine, contact tracing reference was in relation to the developed world. Where this would be feasible. However, a total lockdown would be required in order to achieve this.

Herd immunity appears to be a fantasy in itself. There have been numerous anecdotal cases of individuals who have been infected by the virus more than once.

I have no sympathy for dimwits who choose to put themselves, and others, at risk.

https://henryjacksonsociety.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/Coronavirus-Compensation.pdf

Summary of the above.

The COVID-19 outbreak is a global catastrophe of a historic scale. The novel SARS- type virus that emerged in Wuhan, China in November or December 2019 has spread rapidly, due to its very high rate of human-to-human transmission, causing tens of thousands of deaths and signi cant disruption to the global economy.

• The People’s Republic of China (PRC) was bound by international law, in the form of the International Health Regulations (2005), to report timely, accurate and detailed public health information. However, throughout December 2019 and January 2020, the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) – the government of the PRC – failed in its obligations to do this. In fact, it appears at least possible that this was a deliberate act of mendacity.

• As a direct consequence of the CCP’s decision to not share information about the initial stages of the outbreak of COVID-19, the disease spread far faster than it would otherwise have done and reactions by countries globally were hampered. It is possible that – had accurate information have been provided at an early juncture – the infection would not have left China.

• Beyond the human cost of this pandemic, governments globally have responded to the virus by taking robust economic measures, with entire nations going into various forms of lockdown. The measures taken by the G7 – the group of the world’s major advanced economies – amount to £3.2 trillion (US$4 trillion).

• In order to preserve the rules-based international system and to protect taxpayers from punitive liabilities, the world should seek to take legal action against the PRC for the breaches of international law and their consequences.

Separate to the above we now find out that Taiwan has been denied access to vital information as the coronavirus spread despite the W.H.O rejecting this. Taiwan is excluded from the W.H.O, the United Nations health agency because of China's objections to its membership.

The Chinese Communist Party regards Taiwan as a breakaway province and claims the right to take it by force if necessary.

Herd immunity appears to be a fantasy in itself. There have been numerous anecdotal cases of individuals who have been infected by the virus more than once.

Let's hope they turn out to be untrue as there seems to be no known twice tested positive (weeks apart) people?

It could be an almost impossible situation if people have no immunity after having it?

Let's hope they turn out to be untrue as there seems to be no known twice tested positive (weeks apart) people?

It could be an almost impossible situation if people have no immunity after having it?

Sadly not:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/feb/27/japanese-woman-tests-positive-for-coronavirus-for-second-time

https://www3.nhk.or.jp/nhkworld/en/news/20200315_13/

And perhaps more worryingly:

https://www.caixinglobal.com/2020-02-26/14-of-recovered-covid-19-patients-in-guangdong-tested-positive-again-101520415.html

This only goes to support the notion that China severely downplayed and underrepresented the crisis when it was still limited to its shores.

The Wuhan Whistle - https://scienceintegritydigest.com/2020/03/11/dr-ai-fen-the-wuhan-whistle/

Dr Ai Fen, head of the emergency department at Wuhan Central Hospital ‘disappears’ after raising alarm about coronavirus in Wuhan - https://metro.co.uk/2020/04/01/doctor-disappears-raising-alarm-coronavirus-wuhan-12490856/

Edited by Frank Bullitt (see edit history)

freedom to run about in public places panting heavily amongst others

Becoming a biological scientist is to acquire a 4-year bachelor degree in biology. An aspiring biological scientist takes classes in biology, chemistry, physics, mathematics and computer science. General education requirements might include English, a foreign language, communications, social sciences and arts.

Why does this list not include an O level in common sense?

• Pete locked this topic
  • Pete unlocked this topic