The mkiv Supra Owners Club

What's your 2017 car plans?

JamieP

Now that sounds interesting. Do you have a build thread going?

No mate, I haven't updated my threads for a long time. Had so many problems I wanted to fix before I posted a thread.

Now I've done so much, just thinking I'll wait until the big reveal. I should probably start posting stuff up!

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I noticed the camper a few weeks ago as I regularly spy on your drive as I drive past.

You must be going soft Andrew ;)

Pop in Matt, I'll get the cakes in.

I am going soft; just can't shift this mid-life crisis that I'm going through. It's a terrible disease and very contagious for those in their 40's.

Pop in Matt, I'll get the cakes in.

I am going soft; just can't shift this mid-life crisis that I'm going through. It's a terrible disease and very contagious for those in their 40's.

Haha your inner Pikey is coming out... My dad just got rid of our Caravan we have been going to a place in Cornwall- St Austell/Pentewan for the past 16 years we used to Tow a large Twin Axle caravan and the small 18ft Powerboat down every Summer.

My Dad has hit 50 now and has decided having no Grandchildren they will just go abroad now.

Its a bit sad really the whole camping era for us is done for now :(

Plans so far are -

• Fully build the engine and fit the big twin set up
  • Prep and paint of the engine bay
  • Polished parts for the engine bay
  • Anodised nuts and bolts for the engine bay
  • Potential new rear wing
  • New wheels
  • Full brake refurb and paint
  • Finally fit my custom signed airbag cover

• 6 months later...

Hows well laid plans going for poeple now its over half way through the year?

Mine is quite different, my supra will be single and 6speed by the end of the year, did move onto to something else technically bought a nova to satisfy my 17yr inner self, her supra is now in the bodyshop(has been since march), me dads supra has more parts but no actual progress, my plans are pointless i never stick to them properly :D

Sell my supra, move onto something else, finish rebuilding the missus supra, rebuild my old supra for the old fella

So far i have changed engine oil, antifreeze, power steering fluid, brake and clutch fluid, gear box and diff oils

Re-gold plated some parts with an additional rad plinth gold plated

cleaned up both rear arches, painted and under sealed

N/S/R wheel bearing done

New boot struts

AND started to use it more so all good so far

Few more things i will do

Change the O/S/R bearing

Re gas aircon

Re fresh the front arches/ clean paint and under seal

Just haven't got my Track bike yet lol

Edited by mplavery (see edit history)

Mine's going to get the sills welded up this weekend then I will get the undersealing part out of the way. I have some new tyres coming for it this week too. I need to do valve cover gaskets soon and a new windscreen seal.

The wheels I wanted to get aren't being made any more so that part's out - I'm just focusing on tidying it up this year unless I get a better job.

Been patiently waiting Jazz! :)

I got a rocket bunny ducktail spoiler for Christmas, so that's first up this year although probably not until March - I want to paint the bootlid, bonnet and roof when the spoiler is being fitted. Currently undecided on whether to colour code it or go satin black to match the active front spoiler.

Check :D spoiler fitted and bits painted, big service incl timing belt and all fluids up next and super dragger to go on, before the end of this month hopefully. I've also fitted a double din, have lots of bits sitting that I really should get round to (heckler blue dash, clear headlight lenses, wind deflectors, lots of engine bay bits to be polished etc). Never be finished :cool:

Strip the powder coating of my cam covers and get them painted instead Done

Finish off my custom under bonnet air diverter for the uk bonnet vent Done

Fit a Toyota premium horn kit Still needs doing

Give it a good detail ready for when the nicer weather arrives Done

Get out to a lot more meets and shows this year and just drive and enjoy it Done

Full engine refresh with PHR single turbo conversion - Done, new loom and first start happening in August

DCT conversion - Gearbox in

Drop and refresh subframes - Done

Fit the new wheels once arches modified to accommodate them. - Done

Fit the Brembo BBK - Done

Full engine out respray. - Engine bay, door shuts, rear end, sills done in Feb, car went back to bodyshop this week for remaining to be done

Plus interior stuff and a few other little bits..... - Last interior leather retrim bits should be done by next weekend

Have also fitted all new Braided fuel lines, new brake lines, powder coated various brackets and shields, fitted the new recaros etc etc etc....

Rear diff ratio and remaining half of the 3.5" exhaust still to be made.

It's coming along, tho somewhat bigger project than first planned...

Full engine refresh with PHR single turbo conversion - Done, new loom and first start happening in August

DCT conversion - Gearbox in

Drop and refresh subframes - Done

Fit the new wheels once arches modified to accommodate them. - Done

Fit the Brembo BBK - Done

Full engine out respray. - Engine bay, door shuts, rear end, sills done in Feb, car went back to bodyshop this week for remaining to be done

Plus interior stuff and a few other little bits..... - Last interior leather retrim bits should be done by next weekend

Have also fitted all new Braided fuel lines, new brake lines, powder coated various brackets and shields, fitted the new recaros etc etc etc....

Rear diff ratio and remaining half of the 3.5" exhaust still to be made.

It's coming along, tho somewhat bigger project than first planned...

What kind of loom did you go with ?