The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Phil's SRD3000GT project thread

Phlukey

No, I like it carbon I'm afraid. It's in keeping with the carbon spoiler blade and end caps and mirrors and the wrapped front lip (would like to find someone to skin this). Plus I think it's criminal painting carbon parts. If you wanna paint it, buy it in Fibreglass. Yes with carbon there's more strength and it's lighter, but carbon looks like a work of art when light hits it and reflects off the fibres of the weave (yes..... I think I may have a carbon fibre fettish lol)

No, I like it carbon I'm afraid. It's in keeping with the carbon spoiler blade and end caps and mirrors and the wrapped front lip (would like to find someone to skin this). Plus I think it's criminal painting carbon parts. If you wanna paint it, buy it in Fibreglass. Yes with carbon there's more strength and it's lighter, but carbon looks like a work of art when light hits it and reflects off the fibres of the weave (yes..... I think I may have a carbon fibre fettish lol)

I see you do ;) still sexy supra what's the plans after its done? I would contact magazines and get some front page features.

Gonna be good this dude, that new turbo sounds awesome too, and nice to see someone here finally using Jackd transmission they are indeed the best where the v160/v161 is concerned, also with regards to the bracing kit I thought it worked out about the same as doing billet main caps?

No, billet main caps need block Re-machined and Titan is the only company to have the caps made properly, cost of the caps are cheap, it's the work required to fit them. If your goals are to build a crazy monster over 1000bhp drag type supra then they are worth machining, otherwise billet grids are great addition just for the peace of mind under 900bhp.

John already had it featured as a cover car in Japanese Performance Magazine, but I would be happy to have it featured again or in another magazine if there is any interest once the build is finished.

Yes I would as your changing the build plans etc, more features the better.

I love this car so much! Was always checking out his hodges build thread. At one point i did have the funds to buy it but it was not up for sale at the time! :( Next thing i know im back on the forum a year later and its sold. Would love to see this at the bluewater meet when i bring up mine that i just recently bought.

Quick update. Just received an email from Jacks Transmissions saying that my box has been stripped and inspected and is now awaiting rebuild. Apparently internals are in good condition apart from a knackered 3rd gear synchro as expected (pictured below). They also said they can fix my issue which causes shifting to become tight when the box gets hot. They said it can be alleviated by polishing the shift rails before reassembly. So good news really :D

The service Jacks have provided so far has been excellent and they have sent me updates at each stage and have promptly answered any questions I've had. I highly recommend them to anyone who is looking for someone they can trust to overhaul their V160 / V161.

image.jpg

Rebuilds start from $2099 for a stage 1. This includes strip, clean and rebuild with the replacement of synchros and up to 2 gears if required (further new gears are extra). There is also stage 2 which adds further replacement gears if required and threaded forks and stage 3 which adds ISF REM micro polishing to all meshing surfaces.

Shipping works out at about £350 each way if you shop around.

Rebuilds start from $2099 for a stage 1. This includes strip, clean and rebuild with the replacement of synchros and up to 2 gears if required (further new gears are extra). There is also stage 2 which adds further replacement gears if required and threaded forks and stage 3 which adds ISF REM micro polishing to all meshing surfaces.

Shipping works out at about £350 each way if you shop around.

That's not as expensive as I was thinking.

Good to see the car been looked after.

Hope you enjoy the final outcome

Cheers Chris. Look forward to seeing you at Bluewater at some point. What sort of spec Supra have you bought then?

I bought hassans supe. Not anywhere near of the spec of yours but I had a much lower budget when looking this time round!

From another thread I just see you post in your in ashford?

Im always down that way, not normally in the supe but I haven't seen you about yet!