The mkiv Supra Owners Club

your brave lifting the bonnet on your na supra? :(

samuel weller

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i try to get down a bit early for the next meet, james s3 does look nice and fiz A4 looks nice too, i still dont know why i reacted ? its not me at all?

i know what it is mate you see how good looking i was ,found out i had a sexy polish wife and single turbo and just couldnt cope with the jelousy,

its okay mate this problem happens to me all the time.

by the way was there any N/A comments other them mine while you had your bonnet up, if not then your bravery suceeded ;)

if you still feel bad look at the stick chris gets cos his like 10 or something and doesnt even drive ,

sorry chris just joking i know how old you are really xxxx

His actually 12 dude! Don't make him mad! He will put the baby oil on you!!! :D

Hopefully I'll be there at the next meet!!

Don't take it to heart Sam, there's always been banter about n/a's. Look at what your doing with ITB's and modding your manifold. No one else has done that.

There will always be someone faster/spent more etc. A Supra is a Supra whatever it is, so get your butt down to the next bw meet and have a drink :)

Sam, I have a TT auto bpu which needs a tonne of work. Jonny248 who lives round the corner has an N/A manual which is immaculate and sounds amazing. I track mine regularly so power is important, but I'm not competing for money nor profession. I do this for fun and given the opportunity would swap him in a heartbeat.

Enjoy the car you have. Give yourself a slap, then grab the keys and go drive. :D

Same could be said for single owners to TT :) sod what others think long as you are happy . I just took my 6spd 622hp single out my aero and replaced with a 5spd na some might say I am mad but this way it allows me to keep both a track supra and the aero. I did look into getting a TT to put my car back to original spec but the problem is it does not stop there the TT turbos are of that age now most will need replacing or refurb £1500 and near enough every tt I’ve seen needs or has had the valve stem seals need doing another £1000 as you will replace other things while you are there.

I took the aero out at the weekend cruised down the motorway at 90+ with the roof off and windows down and could not help but think maybe the na is not all that bad yea it is slow and I would not bother to race anyone in it but it’s such a more pleasant drive for one the 5spd gearbox is silky smooth compared to the John Deere 6spd also I don’t have to worry about turbo seals etc or have any gauges for bpu egt and so on also my license might last a bit longer :) not to mention I spent most of time avoiding pot holes on a dual carriageway the roads are in such a state not sure doing high speed is really that sensible anymore .

Edited by chazuk (see edit history)

I had an N/A a few years back, it was slow as s**t...........that is all(did look nice though :) ).

In all fairness though, I don't find the TT that quick until it's BPU.

Thats very true.

I remember going from my N/A to UK spec and waiting for this face ripping power. When i didnt get it i was convinced it was broken and took it to get fixed. There was nothing wrong with it. BPU is a very different machine

Times ive had my bonnet open people still think its a twin turbo, i even joked with a guy at work telling him it was 600bhp and even after looking at the engine he still believed it

Mine will only be n/a for another 2 months max but who cares, supra is a supra, people just expect every supra to have 1000bhp because of youtube

On a forum, your going to get some banter especially towards n/a but its all good fun........i think :think: