The mkiv Supra Owners Club

your brave lifting the bonnet on your na supra? :(

samuel weller

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You've literally just answered your own query. :p

That is quite a lot of money to some people, there are some members on here with fat wallets and think nothing of just buying big expensive parts and there are members who just get by with a standard NA and saving like mad just to buy the basic modifications.

Have you guys tried adding up what supra ownership actually costs? Fat wallet or nay running a supra unless you simply don't put tyres, brake pads, other consumables etc on it and never service it is flaming expensive. Having enough money to find to keep the machine going would indicate you have more than £5k to spend on a car in all reality. £5k buys either car. My point was that £2k is the largest gap and if you are smart and watch the market you'll find a car almost the same price for a TT. Patience is a very good virtue as is research.

Don't get me wrong the perceived reliability of the NA is in itself a damn good reason to go for one (just look at the mk3 market for instance) but for me if I had to absorb the fuel costs and the tyre costs and the service costs I would simply not be happy to have NA power when at BPU there's 170 bhp more available. For £2k that 170 BHP is well worth the money no matter how many bags of it you have or haven't got!!!!

OOOO the drama!!! Buddy it's an argument that has raged as long as I have been on here and longer still on the mk3 forum. I wouldn't be embarrassed to have raised the issue as at least one person that wasn't aware of how his comments were affecting you will now be a bit more sensitive about how he talks about your car. sensitivity isn't a bad thing but IMO a bit of a thicker skin will be needed and actually just ignoring or partaking in the banter will make you feel a bit better about the banter.

Think on this for an ex supra owner I can't justify the expense of running one so you are one step up from me and I used to have a BPU aerotop

samuel lets face it right my heres a list of people i drive with i.e friends i cruise round with

Idiot in a 206 GTI 180BHP ( french piece of ...)

mazda mx5 ( clean little motor not quite got the pace )

stupid ford fiesta zetec ( 170 ( round abouts ) bhp )

i have a N/A just like you and when driving fast they all keep up as theyre smaller cars with still alot of power

but... who looks at them? nobody

who looks at me ? everybody

why should it matter when legally you can only drive at 70mph ? the speed is fine for me and i love it i love the looks i get ( some times arseholes tho ) but either way i feel like im in my own little world and nothing else matters when i go out and drive i bet none of my friends feel like that driving that trash and i bet you do cause even at 20 years old theyre still one of the best looking cars imaginable

Seriously, you're worrying too much about this... It doesn't matter what flavour of Supra you own, there's always a faster / shinier / better one that, according to sod's law, will park up next to you at any given meet. But how often do you REALLY see more than one Supra in the same place at the same time? Only at pre-organised events, really. The rest of the time it's just you and the adoring public (well, in my head anyway...! :innocent:) and that, frankly, is what it's all about. :)

thats the thing, i really can take the shit and give out some my self and have a laugh, and do at work too but....... i messed this one up, and your right, ive should of been thicker skinned about, and i dont know why i wasnt? i think i own some people a drink for my error on this one.

I'm an N/A driver (daily) and its my baby, its my 2nd, the extra power of a turbo would be nice but they aint got the reliability that we have :D ...........I don't care what anybody says about it but I can tell you this , for every critical ONE there are 20+ droolers ;).

One day I may look for a TT but only a totally standard one ......reliability again you see .......more money = more problems :p

:( i feel real stupid now, i havent got any idea why i couldnt let it go? i dont know why? i think i need to say sorry to someone in person at the next meet. all the time i laugh and join in on the jokes and one got the best of me lol, i better get some drinks to say sorry at the next meet me thinks.

thats the thing, i really can take the $#@! and give out some my self and have a laugh, and do at work too but....... i messed this one up, and your right, ive should of been thicker skinned about, and i dont know why i wasnt? i think i own some people a drink for my error on this one.

Can you please cut the swearing out.

Thanks

I mock my NA to amuse myself, I was too impatient to get one but looking back I wouldn't of even ended up with a NA if I had waited so sod it, It may have the grunt of a dying hamster but NA or not they are great cars and I frequently cane mine about and have had hardly any issues with it compared to many on here with TT's I would guess.

My biggest failure in life is owning both a NA and a penis that wouldn't even rival a crickets at the same time.... :hang:

I am getting to the point where I may end up not being arsed to sell it so will just add things bit by bit when I have the money and at some point do the TT or NA-T to save selling what has been a good car for peanuts in a cruddy market due to wheels needing to be refurbed ect.

It's 20 years old but still looks great and frankly there are not many cars that I want over it in my price range that have the looks and power plus I have perfected my NA glance telling people I won't race them but they were lucky I didn't... little do they know.... unless they show up at the meets :think: