The mkiv Supra Owners Club

your brave lifting the bonnet on your na supra? :(

samuel weller

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My turbos are dead in my TT and gone for a refurb which should be a few weeks... I was going to post a thread on how to convert my TT into a N/A, but dare not LoL The weather is amazing and I am missing out, as most people said, its a supra at the end of the day nothing else matters.

Sam mate, I had my old NA for 2 and half glorious years. I spent quite a bit on it but it always put a smile on my face. Great handling car and it looked sexy!

I got frustrated at times that it didn't have as much power as I would have liked but I knew how to put it down on the tarmac and have a lot of fun.

Enjoy it mate its still a supra and an iconic piece of Japanese automotive history!!

Mate think you have taken it the wrong way, TBH I haven't witness NA bashing at BW meets & I have been going for years. We are one of the most friendly groups of people on the forum so if anyone has mentioned it to you then it must be in jest :)

If it makes you feel better, I was keeping up with some TT owners in my NA & Biebs was beating TT's in his NA :D

See I don't quite understand how people can say that they can afford an N/A but not a TT? The difference in price between a similar condition N/A and TT is almost negligible. At most there is a £2k difference. If you can afford the fuel, insurance, and modding bug costs which again are negligible in difference then surely finding another £2k for a TT is the lower end of the overall costs of ownership?

The available power is a significant part of supra ownership and it's not really stock NA to stock TT it's the whole TT BPU cheapness that makes the car the icon that it has been.

I don't dislike NA's (I've had 2) but for the money I'd never have another one as the the TT BPU is soooooo much better a car to have.

Most people wouldn't lift an N/A's bonnet at a meet as most people with N/A's wouldn't have anything other than a stock engine to look at which in lines and lines of cars with uber shininess and single turbo's to look at isn't really of any interest.

I imagine that the skyline board has the same issues surrounding GTR's and GTS-T's

in my expierience is always just banter. i loved my na. never gave me trouble and was fast enough for me after a clio! but... you always want more... my tt was great but more expensive to run. an my single... well...im not sure how i afford it tbh.

Mate you are on about my comment!

Saying your brave having your bonnet up and everyone round it being n/a, is just asking for n/a comments thats why I said you was brave

Nothing but jest mate hope I didnt keep you up all night thinking about it.

If you are taking it to heart already I expect you will get very upset at times as its the most common banter on here sorry to say.

At most there is a £2k difference
That is quite a lot of money to some people, there are some members on here with fat wallets and think nothing of just buying big expensive parts and there are members who just get by with a standard NA and saving like mad just to buy the basic modifications.

I've had some powerful turbo cars but got that sick of issues I chose my na for reliability.

runs 14.3's all day long and in 8 years of abuse I've never had an issue apart from smashed difs (got turbo one fitted now)

I've actually had more issues already with my 13plate 1 series than my supra.

I've had some powerful turbo cars but got that sick of issues I chose my na for reliability.

runs 14.3's all day long and in 8 years of abuse I've never had an issue apart from smashed difs (got turbo one fitted now)

I've actually had more issues already with my 13plate 1 series than my supra.

How did you manage to smash a diff with an asthmatic NA lump?:D Sorry couldn't resist slating an NA but im allowed as I have one.

ive really f****d up now havent i?, i didnt want ths, mellonman dont worry about it ok, it cool you done nothing wrong ok, it just i find it hard to fit in, i f**k up and messed up :/

Wow your a sensitive lad, its not that bigger deal dude , money,no money, single, twin, n/a its just a car and a load of people meeting up for a laugh, it is not serious in anyway , you have not messed up in anyway apart from maybe swearing about it :D

Life can change in a second so enjoy the time you have and dont let what anyone says stop you from enjoying it and get you down,

its fine, really, i normally ok with it all really, i even joke about it too, but i dont know why i couldnt let it go, and now i really wish i did, and wish i didnt post this now, i think i was having a bad couple of days, tell i lie for like the start of the year lol, its cool, and you shouldnt have to put up with me mate, and the others on the thread iam sorry, i should of know better, my bad