The mkiv Supra Owners Club

your brave lifting the bonnet on your na supra? :(

samuel weller

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You could start off with a ported stock throttle body and intake plenum.

I did it on my NA-BPU project recently. it did +3 BHP peak power and about + 14BHP in the mid range because of that simple mod on the dynojet. The TB, Y-pipe and plenum is now 5mm wider than stock.

The turbo guys will start laughing again - but this is very noticeable on a NA - especially in the mid range!

check out the dyno graph and a few pics.

I did a lot of mods on my NA-BPU (It's called that way on our german club) build till now, and as already said, gaining a few additional hp from an NA costs a lot.

I invested about 5000€ in my 2JZGE.

Basic spec is:

x) Mine's VX Rom ECU 12/2011-Spec

X) Xerd Header

X) Unique hand made midpipe system including both decats and installing a Kenobi 200 cell high flow cat

X) fully ported intake with ported (widened) throttle body and portmatched manifold

x) Tanabe medalion touring catback exhaust

x) lightweight pulleys

x) rebuilt head + water pump, timingbelt etc. - so pretty the standard things

x) Denso iridium IK16 plus magnecore wires

x) New OEM coil, dizzy etc.

x) all hoses new, also vacuum hoses etc.

x) HKS DLI (Special NA edition - now discontinued)

x) ATI crank damper

x) TRD LSD

x) C's short stroke shifter W58

X) Exedy sports clutch

x) Big brake setup

... and so much more

A few people on here will call me stupid BUT down here in Austria it is strictly illegal to turbocharge NA cars... So NA-T is no option here.

It did 230,16 PS and 284,77 NM torque. Power delivery is very smooth!

It's not just all about peak power - it's about the way the car delivers the power compared to stock setup.

It is a very agile car now indeed... I love it the NA-way...

Of course the whole rest of the car was rebuilt too...

Regards, Herbert

PS: I think it's really time to start my build thread now in oder to give you guys some information on my crazy project from Austria :)

280 NM torque?! Very nice :)

i really cant believe this is still going i didnt even give any N/A jibs , just said your brave lifting the bonnet thats it !, this being everyone was around and i would of expected some N/A jibs,

next meet i see you at i will give you a box of tissues and you can have a good old cry about it.

sorry to disapoint you that im staright i know you was hoping we could get it on together but, i just dont swing that way and hate cry babies sorry ;)

YOUR A VERY NASTY MAN. NOW GO STAND IN THE CORNER. YOU HAVE BEEN TOLD OFF.

I thort it was me that upset him. LOL

I'm still at work folks.

Will post it as soon as I'm at home folks.

Will eventually do my own thread in order not to mess up somebody elses thread... :)

Regards, Herbert

No rush fella so in your own time, would be good to see a build thread too.

I wouldn't worry about it Herb.

It could do with a dose of something to save it anyway.

You are right sir :)

So here we go:

Part 1: - Please forward to about 00:30 - Note that this was not full speed as it was my first time on track and I rented the whole site, that's why I'm alone on the track :)

Part 2:

I have to add that the videos don't do the sound of my NA justice to 100% it's a bit more refined especially above 4500rpm when heard live :)

Let me know what you think.

I also wanted to point out that I'm building the car for almost three years now, so will definitely do a build thread here an for the US-boys (supraforums) as well.

There are three build threads on the german owners club (mkiv.de - one for each year of building) with dozens of photos that cover every single mod and tweak on the car.

So this will take some time as I will have to translate everything into english as well.

Stay tuned will - definitely do one here in the project section!

Herbert

ive had a na supra for about 3 years, love it to bit, yes its slow and not as powerful as other cars etc, but whats with the hate towards them? i dont mind the jokes etc, but i do feel like i get looked down at by owners of turbo supra ( not all ) and makes me feel not a part of the forum anymore, yes i should let it go, but not many people have the money for tt supras, and i dont see any na going to the bluewater meet as much, as the reason i dont go to the meets as much as i should, iam sorry for this post, iam planning for a itb for the supra and yes its prob a waste of money in most eyes and i understand why they say it, but i havent got the money for a turbo, just something i have to get off my chest and worried as ive got some friends who have just got na supras that are nervous of coming because they have na supras, anyway i hope i havent upset anyone with this post just want to feel apart of group again. from sam

Im always there :D NA and wrapped pearl. . :D bluewater is a friendly bunch. Apart from that Justin Bieber watch out for him.

Part 1: - Please forward to about 00:30 - Note that this was not full speed as it was my first time on track and I rented the whole site, that's why I'm alone on the track :)

Part 2:

I have to add that the videos don't do the sound of my NA justice to 100% it's a bit more refined especially above 4500rpm when heard live :)

Let me know what you think.

That does sound nice, Herb. :cool:

Although to be honest, a Supra engine sounds strange when not accompanied by the howl-and-hiss of an accompanying turbo / BOV...! :D