The mkiv Supra Owners Club

'93 SZ Aero Manual NA-T

Josh42

Cheers gents!

I really wasn't sure how it would turn out as we shot the photos back in December and I've been waiting ever since.

Really pleased though, Ollie did a fantastic job with the images and Dan really captured the emotions of the journey with this car in his write up.

Thanks for the kind comments[emoji1303]

That is absolutely stunning!

Good article. Great pictures and an interesting read, congrates.

Thanks both!

I'm very pleased with the article.

I'm sure if you've ever read this build thread before you will have encountered some of the ups, downs and frustrations mentioned in the article and certainly heard "I'm ready to give up on it" more than once...

• 8 months later...

It’s been a VERY long time since my last update and not much has happened, other than:

- The car has continued to be used as my daily driver but is due to be retired to a second car in a few weeks.

- I completed my second tour of Europe this summer, along with a group of friends.

Highlights included:

The Nordschleife (where I had a very near off at Kallenhard in the wet!), Stuttgart, The Swiss Alpine Passes, Grindelwald/Interlaken, Geneva and Dijon.

I’ll be returning to the Nordschleife in August this year, the place is seriously addictive.

Anyway, here’s some photos!

The car was also mapped again, following the trip, to eradicate an issue I had encountered while in Europe.

Chris @EFI parts has done a great job and greatly improved the drive ability of the car and activated features such as closed loop lambda and knock control - which always should have been on.

It’s nice to she her being used not just stored away, these cars were built to be used.

You still loving the NA-T feel? What power you running now?

I’ve never been one for sticking it away for a sunny day, these cars were over engineered and built to last, so why not get the most out of it...

I’ve always been of the opinion that mine is a mongrel and therefore not an investment prospect. Therefore I’ve never worried about it or built it to suit a market. It’s been built to suit me.

I still love NA-T. I do plan on changing a few things this year such as the manifold, but I’m slowing on the spending.

She made the same power as she was previously making, but with improved spool and driveability

I’ve never been one for sticking it away for a sunny day, these cars were over engineered and built to last, so why not get the most out of it...

I’ve always been of the opinion that mine is a mongrel and therefore not an investment prospect. Therefore I’ve never worried about it or built it to suit a market. It’s been built to suit me.

I still love NA-T. I do plan on changing a few things this year such as the manifold, but I’m slowing on the spending.

She made the same power as she was previously making, but with improved spool and driveability

/QUOTE]

Top man, have to agree 100% these cars were well engineered and built to last.

Can’t wait to get mine up and running as like you I building it to used.

Are you changing inlet or exhaust manifold?

Bet after map she feels so different.

• 3 years later...

Quick update to this as it has been so long.

I set about changing the colour of the wheels and had @Ibrar Jabbar@Speedwells alloys refurbish all 4 in BMW M3 coarse graphite. A marked improvement on the bronze, I think!

For a while now, the car has gone un-used and I’ve been weighing up options to replace it (and my daily MK4 Ecoboost Focus) with one car. R35 GTR’s have been top of the list, but after a lot of consideration (and actually driving the Supra), I’ve decided to stick with what I have.

plans for the supra now are;

• GTE cam covers

• FFIM

• Whifbitz R35 GTR COP conversion (purchased from @Justin Bieber)

• Tubular manifold 

• Retrim the steering wheel and handbrake

• Suspension overhaul

• Potentially a colour change

505FE3C7-7A8D-4054-86CB-D2039D14355F.jpeg

5C3046E8-A9F7-489B-ADF4-123578377B1B.jpeg

05D6FFE4-6BAB-4935-8B52-CDBE78052449.jpeg

CFECFE43-BFED-446A-B75F-7B2193A33434.jpeg

3A4A6BBE-19E3-46F9-93B0-466A15EAEA7F.jpeg

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Noz said:

Top power mate. You going to ever push for more

That’s the plan mate. I’d like to be closer to 600 now that I have the R154 and don’t have to worry about the box exploding at any given moment.

I have a Walbro 450lph pump to fit as the 255lph is all but out of puff now.

• 4 weeks later...

To accompany the R35 GTR COP conversion, I have managed to get my hands on a set of GTE cam covers, with the plan to replace the stock inlet setup with a FFIM. I know a number of people who have used the SSI plenum but I'm currently weighing up the additional cost of the Whifbitz setup which allows me to move to DBW.

If anyone has experience of either, please do let me know before i make a decision.

I have also settled on a Walton Motorsport manifold, given that it allows me to retain the current wastegate and not switch to a dual 40mm setup.

19 hours ago, Josh42 said:

To accompany the R35 GTR COP conversion, I have managed to get my hands on a set of GTE cam covers, with the plan to replace the stock inlet setup with a FFIM. I know a number of people who have used the SSI plenum but I'm currently weighing up the additional cost of the Whifbitz setup which allows me to move to DBW.

If anyone has experience of either, please do let me know before i make a decision.

I have also settled on a Walton Motorsport manifold, given that it allows me to retain the current wastegate and not switch to a dual 40mm setup.

Glad your managing to source parts 

There was someone else on the forum that ran a Walton manifold and I am sure they had fitment issues, just an FYI 

Also, depending on the management I would speak to your tuner about DBW and the benefits, I know it takes up a few more inputs 

• Josh42 changed the title to '93 SZ Aero Manual NA-T