The mkiv Supra Owners Club

'93 SZ Aero Manual NA-T

Josh42

You cant sell this Josh! Looks epic still, such a nice car. If you do ever decide to sell message me first please ;)

I've had a similar message in my inbox from someone else dude, but I most certainly shall buddy.

I'm finally getting my enjoyment out of it at least.

It should make quite a few public events this year too, the first of which being Japfest

I've had a similar message in my inbox from someone else dude, but I most certainly shall buddy.

I'm finally getting my enjoyment out of it at least.

It should make quite a few public events this year too, the first of which being Japfest

hopefully it will rekindle the love mate, look forward to catching up with you at some shows this year

So after the 2step was enabled, my mapper also had a play.

What do you think to these figures?

Lo boost - 10PSI

Hi boost - 18PSI

As you can imagine, I won't be using hi boost all that often, if at all while I still have a W58, but great to know what the engine is capable of, with much more scope for further power.

Impressive Josh, every time I return to this thread wonder why I didnt go Na-t.

You have got to be chuffed with those new numbers, go easy on that gearbox.

I did tell you at the time dude;)

I desperately need a V16* to fully unleash this car now, but finances will dictate.

I will certainly be trying to nurse the box for now.

Amazing figures mate! You've got to be happy with that :thumbs:

How the hell your W58 is still in one piece is beyond me, I suppose a decent map is helping.

I can honestly say, the W58 has held up for just under a year at 450hp,420ftlb and I think it's all down to the smooth power delivery, sensible full faced clutch and some careful shifting.

It obviously will fail at some point, but for now, it's all good. I'm really happy dude.

I did tell you at the time dude;)

I desperately need a V16* to fully unleash this car now, but finances will dictate.

I will certainly be trying to nurse the box for now.

You did indeed I know, but I don't regret my decision.

You and your builder have created something very special.

Would you not consider an R154 or a bmw box that everyone seems to be going with recently. Would help you push the car with piece of mind

Best get the box sooner rather than later they are becoming very very scares it seems.

Finances will dictate mate unfortunately, I would love to otherwise:(

I'm going to try and sort it by the end of this year.

You did indeed I know, but I don't regret my decision.

You and your builder have created something very special.

Would you not consider an R154 or a bmw box that everyone seems to be going with recently. Would help you push the car with piece of mind

Cheers mate:)

Not for me personally, I'd like the factory V16* for value purposes as well as the performance benefit to be fair mate. It would be a sound investment.

I believe so mate, I've not picked the car up yet.

I know that the car won't activate it unless it's under a certain speed, 3mph I believe

:thumbs:

Does sound great, I want to get another mapping session booked now to try it out :D

Nice numbers too, high boost will be mental!

• 1 month later...

Managed to take the car for a short blast today with the roof off. While the flex and rattle still really wind me up, there's no denying it's the best way to enjoy the soundtrack.

Hi boost on this car is savage and brings plenty of smiles with it.

I've started to look at Gearbox options, while my heart tells me to source a V16*, I've started to have a look at the BMW 420G.

The ratios can work when paired with an A03B and boxes can be had fairly cheaply. While my W58 is still hanging on in there, I'm under no illusion that it's only a matter of time.

The car also ran at Santa pod a few weeks ago.

On street tyres, 255/35/18 rears

I ran 13.3 @ 120mph consistently

My 60ft times were horrific, 2.7s

I know that with a decent launch and by reducing the 60ft time to around 2s I should have a 12s car.

A little bit of common sense prevailed however and I decided to save the W58 instead.

Love what you've done with this mate, best NA-T I've seen so far. It was your build that inspired me actually :D.

With the V16* vs the 420G, I'm pretty interested in this as I'm looking to go down the same route myself soon, have you priced up the costs assosiated with each gearbox?

• 3 weeks later...
Oh dear that sounds erm clunky!

You should of heard it when the engine was still running!!

Ouch :eek:

common sense didnt work then? sad times that your box has died. whats the plans now? which box? is it going to be sooner or later now?

:love: this car, looks soo good in red

It did, unfortunately up until the point I launched just a little hard and actually caught traction...:(

Another W58 which I have as spare is currently being rebuilt with new bearings etc. That will be fitted until I decide what to do long term. Either way, I'll need to convert the box to something else this year I think.

Thanks mate, I actually hated the red at first!

Is that the same box which was whining it's tits off at the NEC? :)

It is indeed mate, it's been to Santa pod in the interim and was still going strong.

It was expected and I'm more surprised how long it's lasted!

• 1 month later...

It's been a while since I've updated this, but, there haven't really been any changes.

I've just spent my time enjoying the car, rather than pulling it apart for once.

I will be embarking on a 2700mile trip around Europe with friends (inc other supra's) at the end of this month.

Highlights include Monte Carlo, Lake Como, Susten Pass, Gotthards Pass, Porsche Factory, Nurburgring and Spa.

It will be the true test of the cars ability and form, but I'm confident it will be fine.

Plenty of pics to follow:)

Edited by Josh42 (see edit history)

Good to hear your just enjoying it this year dude. That road trip sounds mega :)

Noticed on your first page you're running an ECUMaster EMU now? Or still on the AEM?

I've been getting hassle to change to EMU myself so interested to hear if its any good/worth the change? :D

• Josh42 changed the title to '93 SZ Aero Manual NA-T