The mkiv Supra Owners Club

'93 SZ Aero Manual NA-T

Josh42

• 4 weeks later...

Im sure a few of you followed the progress of our little wander around Europe on Facebook, but for those of you who didn't, here's just a few of the photos.

The car was FLAWLESS. It performed superbly in every aspect imaginable and I simply will not be selling it now.

Route was:

Folkestone>Dijon>Monte Carlo via Route De Napoleon>Lake Como via coastal route>St Gotthard's Pass, FurkaPass, Grimsel Pass, Susten Pass>Stuttgart>Porsche Factory>Nürburgring>Spa>Folkestone.

A total of 2667 miles.

Edited by Josh42 (see edit history)

• 5 months later...

It's been quite a while since my last update, but, nothing much has changed.

I've procured Whiteline front and Rear anti roll bars and will be fitting them shortly.

The car is still being used at the moment, until the weather starts to really turn.

I'm currently planning next year's European outing. It will follow a similar route to this year, picking out all of the highlights.

much to the annoyance of my Mrs who's now sound asleep (i owe you a beer for that!) I've sat and read this start to finish! Been a fair journey with your build! Im glad to see you kept the factory red too which is my next step after my na-t is mapped in the coming weeks! Top job bud.

Hi Dave, it's been an absolute emotional rollercoaster.

There have been times where I would have happily sold up and moved on, but I'm ultimately glad I stuck with it now.

If nothing else, the negatives have taught me a few lessons.

Any advice you need, shout up.

Who's mapping it/building it mate?

b;4189407']Jeesh what a read!! Absolutely epic dude!!

I might be wrong here (as it's been a few years)...

but was it you & rich who came down to buy the NA-T kit I had for sale when I was selling off all my NA-T stuff?

(Apols if It wasn't and I'm totally wrong lol)

Hi Chris,

Good memory, it was indeed buddy.

I had this car back then, albeit in NA Manual guise.

Glad to see you back around mate.

Hi Dave, it's been an absolute emotional rollercoaster.

There have been times where I would have happily sold up and moved on, but I'm ultimately glad I stuck with it now.

If nothing else, the negatives have taught me a few lessons.

Any advice you need, shout up.

Who's mapping it/building it mate?

Hi Chris,

Good memory, it was indeed buddy.

I had this car back then, albeit in NA Manual guise.

Glad to see you back around mate.

/QUOTE]

Just reread my own thread and you were like the first to post in it >

Long ass days and late nights result in 'brain mush' haha

So impressed at all the work you've put into the car.

Reading this is really inspiring to have a second crack at NA-T'ing mine (now I've got it back)

She's currently sat with no engine and looking rather sad for herself >

Dam engine mounts (or lack of) are holding up getting my 'to be fitted' NA motor in :(

b;4189410']Just reread my own thread and you were like the first to post in it >

Long ass days and late nights result in 'brain mush' haha

So impressed at all the work you've put into the car.

Reading this is really inspiring to have a second crack at NA-T'ing mine (now I've got it back)

She's currently sat with no engine and looking rather sad for herself >

Dam engine mounts (or lack of) are holding up getting my 'to be fitted' NA motor in :(

I sympathise there mate, no fun at all.

You're welcome to jump in for a passenger run, it's a very different experience to a TT - I'm sure it'll push you in the right direction:)

You bought your old car back?

I'll have a look if I have any spare mounts, I have a feeling I may have donated them to someone a while ago. If not, try messaging mharvey or Rob_SRi, those guys may have some they would be willing to part with.

The car has been on a journey with me, from blowing engines and boxes, to eventually being a reliable daily and touring Europe with another NA-T, it's been great fun.

I sympathise there mate, no fun at all.

You're welcome to jump in for a passenger run, it's a very different experience to a TT - I'm sure it'll push you in the right direction:)

You bought your old car back?

I'll have a look if I have any spare mounts, I have a feeling I may have donated them to someone a while ago. If not, try messaging mharvey or Rob_SRi, those guys may have some they would be willing to part with.

Passenger run,

Cheers dude, that would be awesome [emoji41] def have to take you up on that at some point!

Re buying car back:

Yea, is why I disappeared from here for an age.

Needed house funds, sold supra,

Bought house, bought a few other cars but then had chance to get back 'most' of my old supe as what had become an unfinished project car.

(Missing the complete engine and seats)

Re mounts:

- if you could have a check dude that would be epic & really appreciated Josh.

Will try dropping the others a pm as suggested [emoji1360]

• 4 weeks later...

I've done the work myself, built engines in the past and have 10 years or so behind me working on cars and engineering in general, but as for mapping i think greg at protuner keeps popping up as a decent recommendation...? Its only a basic build with xs manifolds etc and an Emanage blue but I've done a few hard wear upgrades to the block with the intention to upgrade the turbo and waste gate as and when they go pop basically.

I've done the work myself, built engines in the past and have 10 years or so behind me working on cars and engineering in general, but as for mapping i think greg at protuner keeps popping up as a decent recommendation...? Its only a basic build with xs manifolds etc and an Emanage blue but I've done a few hard wear upgrades to the block with the intention to upgrade the turbo and waste gate as and when they go pop basically.

A friend of mine used Greg and his car drives beautifully, definitely worth a shout - although last I heard was that he wouldn't map emanage anymore, so worth checking mate.

• 2 weeks later...
Why did you go na-t instead of engine transplant just asking cause I'm thinking of doing one or the other

Hi dude,

A multitude of reasons really:

I was able to collect parts as and when I could afford them rather than a bulk outlay on an engine conversion.

Rather than spending £3k+ on a used GTE engine, I rather spend a percentage of that on refreshing an engine so that i knew that I was as healthy as could be.

Having been out in both a TT BPU and a NA-T (within 20mins of each other), I much preferred the drama and experience of the NA-T.

I wanted a challenge and wanted to learn along the way while be able to have a handle on the conversion myself.

I could personalise the drive of the car to suit me, the power delivery, output, etc.

Among many other reasons. Cost was not one of them.

• 3 months later...
  • Josh42 changed the title to '93 SZ Aero Manual NA-T