The mkiv Supra Owners Club

'93 SZ Aero Manual NA-T

Josh42

• 3 weeks later...

I spent some time last night with my friend Ollie of OHMEDIA, to allow him to familiarise himself with some new equipment.

He's just sent these over... Wow!

I do have a hi res version of each photo too, but I'll keep those private as they're not watermarked.

Saw this when I popped into Whsmiths on my lunchbreak today - I must say the car looks stunning!

The car has made it into Japanese Performance magazine this month. It's not worthy of a full feature, but I'm certainly happy with the coverage none the less!

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/12/10/f1aa541fea9b305efef92916321cda37.jpg

Ollie really is a superb photographer. Brilliant pictures mate. You must be very happy.

Ollie has an extreme natural talent for this stuff, I think you'll see more and more of his work featured this year.

Saw this when I popped into Whsmiths on my lunchbreak today - I must say the car looks stunning!

Thanks mate, I was a little disappointed that they chose to use old photos which they grabbed from my Facebook. There are much better and more recent images which could have been used.

Brilliant photos dude!

Cheers buddy:thumbs:

Very nice mate

Love night shots, the long exposure brings out the detail

Looks clean as fook

Cheers dude. It actually looks bright red in these photos, not often something that can be said about factory 3L2.

Love the pics mate car is a credit

Very clean turbo install, well done.

:drool:

Sometimes i forget how beautiful car Supra is! Nice pics ;)

Thanks all, your comments are much appreciated:)

Before the shoot I had actually spent the day at curborough sprint circuit with a group of close friends.

Although the intention was to just spectate, I couldn't turn down the offer of a few laps:)

And just a couple of my friends decided the top corner would make an awesome location, just after the circuit was shut.

My car is plasti dipped temporary for the moment. Its red underneath but poor paint. Ive been mulling over plans for paint from full colour change to stock body stock red. This has just concreted stock body stock red the decision. Looks awesome !!!! This is just the standard supra red right ??

• 1 month later...

Just thought I'd post a quick update as to where I am with the car.

I've been using it day to day since July now and It's been flawless. The power delivery still puts a smile on my face each time I open it up, it's such a smooth curve and it just seems to run out of revs before it runs out of puff. Even the W58 Is holding up - shock!

I'm looking to change the manifold for a quality tubular item to change the exhaust note on boost as I want to achieve a more typical "2J scream".

I'll be taking the car on a Eurotrip this July which will see it visit the Nurburgring, The St Gotthards Pass, Susten Pass among other destinations. This may well be the final hurrah for the car before she goes up for sale - yet to be decided.

Edited by Josh42 (see edit history)

Just thought I'd post a quick update as to where I am with the car.

I've been using it day to day since July now and It's been flawless. The power delivery still puts a smile on my face each time I open it up, it's such a smooth curve and it just seems to run out of revs before it runs out of puff. Even the W58 Is holding up - shock!

I'm looking to change the manifold for a quality tubular item to change the exhaust note on boost as I want to achieve a more typical "2J scream".

I'll be taking the car on a Eurotrip this July which will see it visit the Nurburgring, The St Gotthards Pass, Susten Pass among other destinations. This may well be the final hurrah for the car before she goes up for sale - yet to be decided.

Is your wastegate open dump pipe or routed into the downpipe?

Your thinking about selling? That would be a shame. Beautiful car :thumbs:

Cheers mate! :thumbs:

I've been contemplating it for a long time to be fair, each time I talk myself out of it, but, I'm not sure I can justify spending £4.5k on a V16* that this car needs to unleash it's full potential, when I could put the money toward something like an E92 M3 or an IS-F.

No doubt I'll change my mind another few times between now and then, but that's my current feeling.

• Josh42 changed the title to '93 SZ Aero Manual NA-T