The mkiv Supra Owners Club

'93 SZ Aero Manual NA-T

Josh42

Oooh that does sound good! Some fair bangs on the limiter as well :cool:

See what you mean about it though, a tubular would definitely top it off! I wonder if Whifbitz still have any still lying around from their old NA-T kits

I don't mind the sound too much now, but a tubular would be nice. I don't think I'll bother for the length of time for the amount of time im likely to keep the car.

I asked Paul and unfortunately they don't,

So I've been using the car daily for the past couple of weeks and it's been absolutely spot on.

No trouble at all and a genuine pleasure to jump in and drive.

Drives just like stock off boost, then when you hit boost, it becomes a completely different car.

I let Rich.2211 drive it to see what he thought...as it happens he's just brought his 5th Supra!

• 2 weeks later...

Just a quick update on this, car is running absolutely spot on, couldn't be happier with it.

It's due to have the TRD spoiler painted and fitted on 2nd October, along with some other painted engine components.

I will then start preparing the car for the Classic Car show @ the NEC.

To say I'm worried about the state of the car is an understatement! It'll be parked up next to some of the finest examples on this forum!

Chill out Josh! All it needs is some nice facelift lights and it's perfecto ;)

Cheers James, they are on the list to buy, along with a 6speed:grin:

Just daunting when I know Jake's and your cars are so perfect!

Glad this all worked out in the end bud, sounds and goes really well from what i saw in the vid! What manifold are you using again? The logstyle whifbitz one?

Cheers buddy, I'm glad I stuck to it, all worth it in the end!

I am indeed using the Whifbitz Log manifold. I will be swapping this out for a boost logic/PHR manifold at some point in the future as I want a higher pitched noise that the log manifold cannot deliver due to its runner length.

Cheers mate, let's hope it finally pays off:)

That's the plan buddy, need to find a v161 now! How did you find your R154 conversion? How does it drive in comparison to the W58?

[/Quote]

Sorry for delay with response.

Feel's similar, apart from clunky. It doesn't like 2nd gear, so either worn shifter or sychro. Sadly, I paid good money for a box that needs a rebuild. I suppose after though it'll be good for lot's.

Watch this space I hope :)

How far you towards 600hp now?

Id love to see this in person, the amount of work thats gone into this, im sure its been worth the wait. Driving an N/A after this:taped:

Get yourself to the classic car show in November then mate, it'll be on display there and no doubt I'll be attending some events with the club too, so I'm sure you'll get chance:)

Sorry for delay with response.

Feel's similar, apart from clunky. It doesn't like 2nd gear, so either worn shifter or sychro. Sadly, I paid good money for a box that needs a rebuild. I suppose after though it'll be good for lot's.

Watch this space I hope :)

How far you towards 600hp now?

Fingers crossed for you then buddy!

Shame about the box, but once sorted it'll be all worth it.

I'm still on my W58 at the moment - holding up well might I add!

I will be getting myself a 6speed when one turns up and I have the money sat waiting again.

For now, I'm running 1.2 Bar of boost, at 1bar it made 450bhp, 420ftlbs.

• Josh42 changed the title to '93 SZ Aero Manual NA-T