The mkiv Supra Owners Club

'93 SZ Aero Manual NA-T

Josh42

• 2 weeks later...

So initial mapping is complete and although there is some minor fettling to tidy up the top of the curve, I'm well happy with the result.

450bhp

420ftlb @ 1bar of boost.

Boost will be upped to 1.2 bar once were happy with it however for now I need to preserve my w58.

Turbo comes online @ 3k rpm too, so nice and responsive.

I have definitely decided that a future change to a tubular manifold is a must - if nothing else but for the sound!

I hate you Josh. Its your car that always pushes me back to na-t. Epic build and love the car.

If you don't mind me asking what sort of ball park figure would you say would be needed to do a similar engine refresh. If mine goes na-t I think I will do the pistons, head gasket etc.

Nice mate great N/A-T build

Cheers mate, let's hope it finally pays off:)

Nice rebuild, didn't see the engine pic's on FB. Nice build for 600hp mate

That's the plan buddy, need to find a v161 now! How did you find your R154 conversion? How does it drive in comparison to the W58?

I hate you Josh. Its your car that always pushes me back to na-t. Epic build and love the car.

If you don't mind me asking what sort of ball park figure would you say would be needed to do a similar engine refresh. If mine goes na-t I think I will do the pistons, head gasket etc.

Drop me a message on Facebook or a text mate, I'll take you through what I've had done and the cost etc. it's not cheap but certainly worth it!

Glad to see this finally up and running! Your perseverance has paid off Josh!

Thanks Kev, really appreciate the messages of encouragement on Facebook when I felt like it was time to just give up. Glad to see yours up and running too buddy

Also brought this spoiler from MarcP - superb member and really nice parents who kindly dropped it to me at work!

Going to get the sides painted before fitting.

My car will also be appearing on the club stand at the NEC classic car show in November:)

Epic Josh!

Still no vids though :p I'm still yet to hear on of these on full chat, hoping the log manifold doesn't hamper the sound too much otherwise I'll be going tubular like yourself in the future

Videos will be uploaded hopefully tomorrow:)

Here's a quick snap of the supra in its natural habitat on the way home from collecting.

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/07/25/00338f3c82dea4f19733894c4920f7e7.jpg

It drives absolutely spot on, just like stock until you hit the loud pedal and then it spools up so fast!

The manifold is most certainly going to be changed though!

Ha good luck with that it is summer :D

Good man and you've done a great job makes me wana start doing things to mine

I know:( I'm not holding out too much hope!

Cheers man, glad to finally have it where I want it. Drives so much better than it ever has now!

Nice one Josh - a lot of hard work has went into this one.

I'm pleased for you buddy :)

Cheers James, I'm looking forward to just enjoying it not to be honest! It's been a long time since I've just took it for a good drive without worrying.

Yeh I'm still wanting to make some changes to mine. not quite there yet but it still brings a smile to my face when I take it out.

Just don't get too sucked in like I have mate. Quite easy for it to take over your life and sap all the fun and enjoyment out.

Well done for keeping with this Josh. Sounds like it's all been worth the hard work and heart ache. A real inspiration, hard to beat a Supra like yours, looks great.

Cheers Adam, although I'm very envious of yours - I have a DJG fetish!

Definitely worth all the heartache!

• Josh42 changed the title to '93 SZ Aero Manual NA-T