The mkiv Supra Owners Club

'93 SZ Aero Manual NA-T

Josh42

• 2 weeks later...

Sump is now sealed on and billet flange fitted.

I've also had my cam covers and spark plug recess cover shot blasted and I've had a go at painting them myself.

Hopefully today, the engine should be timed up and ready for fitting next weekend:)

Photos to follow shortly.

Thanks to rob_sri for the loan of his engine crane, Rich.2211 and my friend Nath for their help yesterday!

The engine came out without a hitch so I'm all happy:)

Here are some photos for your amusement.

Only hold ups now are:

Finish assembling the new engine with ancillaries

Still awaiting delivery of my RPS Max clutch

Need to order a power steering relocation kit as my new FFIM doesn't clear the NA one.

• 2 weeks later...
What was wrong with the TT inlet pictured above?

Awesome build btw :thumbs:

Hi Jason,

Nothing was wrong with the TT inlet, it was just going to require more work-relocating the PAS and was a little difficult with some of the VAC hoses and lines due to me still only having NA cam covers.

I'm keeping the NA inlet so as to just keep it simple and get the car back on the road in time for Japfest and summer:)

• 4 weeks later...

So, I missed Japfest as I'm still waiting on my clutch. The whole saga has really put a downer on the whole build and I've got to admit to losing the love a little because the car has just been sat. hopefully this gets sorted in the next week.

• 3 weeks later...
Get on with it Josh FFS :D

I would of done mate, but I've been waiting since early February for RPS to pull their fingers out their rears and get this to me-after they originally just sent me the pressure plate.

Now I have it, I'll be getting the build finished and on the road in time to enjoy some of our current good weather!

I would of done mate, but I've been waiting since early February for RPS to pull their fingers out their rears and get this to me-after they originally just sent me the pressure plate.

Now I have it, I'll be getting the build finished and on the road in time to enjoy some of our current good weather!

Will look forward to your thoughts when it is finished. Fingers crossed it looks like there maybe some great weather in the next few months to enjoy it in too.

Will look forward to your thoughts when it is finished. Fingers crossed it looks like there maybe some great weather in the next few months to enjoy it in too.

Hopefully so mate!

Shouldn't take too long now to finish, the bottleneck will be when we can get the ECU installed and mapped to be honest with you.

I'll tap Lyndon in the coming days...

• Josh42 changed the title to '93 SZ Aero Manual NA-T