The mkiv Supra Owners Club

'93 SZ Aero Manual NA-T

Josh42

Just caught up on this thread, it's coming along quite nicely Josh! Don't lose the love for it as it will get there at some point. Threads like these really make me want to go out and buy a supra right now (funds won't allow at the moment!). Keep up the good work mate.

Only just saw this,

Cheers mate! It's frustrating but I'm happy now it's finally getting the stage of enjoying it. I started this journey nearly 18 months ago now and I'll be glad when I can just enjoy the car.

You should definitely do it when you can.

Will update with some pics later...;)

Well, the last 48 hrs have been crazy.

Mapping was booked for this morning at 1100am and as of Friday night I was in this position

A long way off.

With the help of Rich.2211 and Rob_SRI

who both worked through from 1100 Saturday to 0200 Sunday morning I was left with this

After they had left I carried on until 0330 before packing away with only a few small bits left to do.

I got back up at 0630 and had the car finished ready for Lyndon to arrive.

He got to work straight away on installing EMU and was more than happy to talk me through what he was doing at every stage to ensure I understood.

It was a long day and after many hours of soldering, and plugging loom clips in, we fired her up for the first time.

The OEM IACV was playing up and therefore the car idled at 2000>2500

Lyndon soon had this sorted and after taxing the car, we headed out onto the road.

After a short mapping session, we discovered that the grade 6 plugs as supplied in the turbo kit were not capable of withstanding the boost levels I was encountering. Spark was being blown out with some dramatic flames out the exhaust as proof.

I'll be replacing the plugs tomorrow afternoon and Lyndon is back around again Thursday to map again.

Really can't sing the guys praises enough, work is spot on, his attitude is brilliant and the EMU is an awesome piece of kit!

This is how she's currently sat, needing a good clean and the blue joiner swapped out for a black one.

Overall, I'm over the moon! With any big build you're bound to get hiccups, I'm

Just lucky to have Lyndon to sort them!

Weldone mate and welcome to the na-t crowd. Good luck convincing yourself it's finished.. Mines been "finished" for 10months now and Im still messing around with it!!

Lyndon also mapped mine and did a wicked job, very clever guy with big cahonoes!! Didn't flinch one bit on the road map!

Thanks all for your comments, I love it, really glad I stuck with it and can't wait to have it all perfect which I'm confident that it will be once Lyndon has done his thing.

Thursday is mapping day again:)

I can certainly recommend the Whifbitz kit, quality components with near perfect fitment.

Well worth the money.

Also just brought some Tein Super Street coilovers for myself too:)

Looks great Josh, just got my Whifbitz kit through and looking forward to getting it all fitted!

What size of intake pipe are you running? I've got 3" to run all the way but not sure if it will clear the oil line on top of the turbo. Just wondering what the gap is like and if there's a chance I could get away with it or have to go down to 2.5"

Looks great Josh, just got my Whifbitz kit through and looking forward to getting it all fitted!

What size of intake pipe are you running? I've got 3" to run all the way but not sure if it will clear the oil line on top of the turbo. Just wondering what the gap is like and if there's a chance I could get away with it or have to go down to 2.5"

All my intercooler pipework is 2.5" mate, makes for easy clearance and supports up to 550+bhp

Any help or guidance that you need, please give me a shout.

Edited by Josh42 (see edit history)

• 3 months later...

Cam covers will be painted tomorrow and refitted.

Today I timed the engine up, fitted the engine covers, crank pulley etc.

Fitted the inlet and exhaust manifolds.

Fuel rail and injectors also fitted.

Tomorrow I will fit the loom and the throttle body etc.

• Josh42 changed the title to '93 SZ Aero Manual NA-T