The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Will prices ever go up again?

Rob_Mitchell

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will get some pics in the light tomorrow. It's a TT auto, 48k miles.

Really that low? I'm shocked- a bit naive of me to expect a lot more.

I'm selling it for my step dad however I'm the one driving Etc at mo, so joined up here to research up a bit! :-)

Thanks guys :)

Will get some pics in the light tomorrow. It's a TT auto, 48k miles.

Really that low? I'm shocked- a bit naive of me to expect a lot more.

I'm selling it for my step dad however I'm the one driving Etc at mo, so joined up here to research up a bit! :-)

Thanks guys :)

A lot will depend how nice it is, if its in tip top condition inside and out, is it stock or

modded, any history proof of mileage, service history etc etc

A lot will depend how nice it is, if its in tip top condition inside and out, is it stock or

modded, any history proof of mileage, service history etc etc

This, now these cars are getting old a FSH is favorable but more important is the parts that have been replaced etc.

You asked for photos for my questioning in price. So here's some.

Let me know what ball park you think I'd be looking at, or should I be holding out for the price rise that might never happen.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]163695

image.jpg

You asked for photos for my questioning in price. So here's some.

Let me know what ball park you think I'd be looking at, or should I be holding out for the price rise that might never happen.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]163695

I am assuming it's a tiptronic then? If so it will go for about 8k depending on history to verify the mileage.

Yes it is. Mileage is genuine but this is due to it being off the road for a while. Cheers, least that's some idea to start with.:thumbs::thumbs:

Same as mine then in one of the best colours. 8K all day long with mileage like that. Mine has 63K on and I wouldn't let ours go for less than that.

If you wanted to find one, you couldn't..!!

H.

Edited by Havard (see edit history)

manual TT6's have been pretty much flat/non depreciating (price not adjusted for inflation) for a decade.

The auto's/tip's have suffered a little more in recent years IMO, there have been some ok £4K and some very tidy £6K (non tip) ones in recent times.

manual TT6's have been pretty much flat/non depreciating (price not adjusted for inflation) for a decade.

The auto's/tip's have suffered a little more in recent years IMO, there have been some ok £4K and some very tidy £6K (non tip) ones in recent times.

I think the older autos are struggling as there are some tired ones about. Tips seem to be on the up due to their rarity. Since mine came through in 2010 I have seen very few come through as imports. Ian Ian, Ste D, Wile, Pete are some of the ones that spring to mind but there aren't actually that many in the club IMO.

H.

I think the older autos are struggling as there are some tired ones about. Tips seem to be on the up due to their rarity. Since mine came through in 2010 I have seen very few come through as imports. Ian Ian, Ste D, Wile, Pete are some of the ones that spring to mind but there aren't actually that many in the club IMO.

H.

silver pre-facelifts struggle price wise in any guise, for sure the tired ones bring down the other mint ones, if there is a auto TT for £4K then it seems the current buyers struggle to see the value in one double that despite the condition/mileage/age benefits.

There seems to be a rarity of all tt's at present going by the usual pistonheads/ebay/autotrader sources but equally there is a very tidy looking one owner 75K mile uk auto with no bids at £7K and also a fair few auto owners on here seemingly not getting much luck from their ad's at what I'd call at least good to reasonable prices.

It's interesting to note that over the last few weeks, prices for E36 M3s have gone up. I reckon on average they've just got up by circa £1k. I'd love to know why :)

Unfortunately, we have very few clean stock cars left now. Every time we get a new member sign up with one, they stock some god awful wheels on them, and start 'personalising' them. Prices for Supras seem to have firmed in Japan over the last few months, and the ever worsening exchange rate should start to see a knock on effect to British Supra values.

It's interesting to note that over the last few weeks, prices for E36 M3s have gone up. I reckon on average they've just got up by circa £1k. I'd love to know why :)

Unfortunately, we have very few clean stock cars left now. Every time we get a new member sign up with one, they stock some god awful wheels on them, and start 'personalising' them. Prices for Supras seem to have firmed in Japan over the last few months, and the ever worsening exchange rate should start to see a knock on effect to British Supra values.

Age takes it toll, when the tubby-2's go it's often cheaper to go to single, don't forget these are Tuner cars, they were meant to be personalized, some people just have bad taste. Remember, bad examples are needed to make the good examples look better ;)

In the past 6 months I've restored my car to almost new, started off with replacing all suspension bushings to polypro + new wheel bearings and painting it, complete respray with windows & engine - painted calipers + reconditioned wheels, new coilovers, almost an engine rebuild with HKS TO4Z turbo kit and all supporting mods, I am just waiting for the single turbo kit to be complete and she's going to the trimmers for a full cabin trim in leather.

I can't wait till its finished because I've always believed that once I have it at this spec, I would rate it as good as a super car like Ferrari 458 but with 'half the price tag'... hahaha

I was told by the previous owner 'Yulia' that she'd spent 40k on the car, i since have spent 30k. So 30k + Yulia's 40k + Cost of car and we are talking 100k..! LOL doesn't feel like that though when you do it up bit by bit though..! LOL