The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Will prices ever go up again?

Rob_Mitchell

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It simple really, if you had 25k cash, you would feel guilty spending it on a 14 year old car when with just another 15k u could buy a 2 year old GTR. But for those that already have a supra, you buy the parts bit by bit and you kid yourself that you aren't actually sinking a fortune in car parts, there fore there is a bigger market to selling parts and almost none for buying a high performance supra.

Thats a good post but for another £15k ect ect. I would buy a ferrari if i had £££ spare. I just cant get my head around building a 500-900bhp supra for the money we chuck at them and not see it back if sold as a complete car. They pack more than some supercars! and well within budget... is it us members not holding out our asking prices? and just desperate for the cash?

What about Jay Sw's build SRD are doing, At an extremely rough guess would peoples opinions on cost to sale price be on that?

I know it's nowhere near done ect but touching on this topic the £££'s spent to the possible £££'s returned on a sale can't be that in his favour if anywhere close.

Thats a good post but for another £15k ect ect. I would buy a ferrari if i had £££ spare. I just cant get my head around building a 500-900bhp supra for the money we chuck at them and not see it back if sold as a complete car. They pack more than some supercars! and well within budget... is it us members not holding out our asking prices? and just desperate for the cash?

As I said earlier, unfortunately, the N/A's drag the price of the TT's down, if the N/A's weren't made then I reckon they would probably be at R34 GTR money.

Do you guys ever think prices for the supra will ever boom again? or is it just going to get worse?. I remember scouting for big power supra's and the prices held great around £25-30k few years back, i know breaking gets money back but other cars hold there value, like ford cosworths.

God knows what ill see for mine in the current market but it will be definately worth more in parts.

I guess its all down to the current rescession?

I cant see them going up again.... thats why i trying not to spend anymore money on mine, would like to go single but i very much doubt it will happen, As said before there still holding good money for an old car..

R34 GTR are holding there money VERY well still

Im surprised how much you can get a R35 now, i wonder what they will be going for in 10 years

I try not to think about it otherwise it spoils the enjoyment of having and modifying fast cars

What about Jay Sw's build SRD are doing, At an extremely rough guess would peoples opinions on cost to sale price be on that?

I know it's nowhere near done ect but touching on this topic the £££'s spent to the possible £££'s returned on a sale can't be that in his favour if anywhere close.

Jay wont see the money on labour again but in parts its worth a few quid BUT its easily going to be one of the best supras ever!! hopefully his car will get people interested again, it will grab loads of attention at shows and get in mags.

I dont think you can put a estimated price on it! 3.4l, its going to be savage

Edited by Rob_Mitchell (see edit history)

I cant see them going up again.... thats why i trying not to spend anymore money on mine, would like to go single but i very much doubt it will happen, As said before there still holding good money for an old car..

R34 GTR are holding there money VERY well still

Im surprised how much you can get a R35 now, i wonder what they will be going for in 10 years

I try not to think about it otherwise it spoils the enjoyment of having and modifying fast cars

Been thinking of getting 370Z for a while now... 330bhp and i bet it uses half the fuel the Supra does... im sure i would miss the turbo though

To be honest I have not really seen any "chavs" in Supra's, it maybe due to where I live and that there are only a few dotted about but the few I have seen have had 30+ year old's driving them and they seemed quite normal people iirc.

its the 30+ owners which are the cranks with high powered supra's LMAO. We need a convoy somewhere? im losing love.... need to start working on mine again

To be honest I have not really seen any "chavs" in Supra's, it maybe due to where I live and that there are only a few dotted about but the few I have seen have had 30+ year old's driving them and they seemed quite normal people iirc.

I dont think its possible to label anyone that drives a supra a "chav" as for one they clearly have a job, and secondly spend all there free time on there car and not hanging around down highstreets or the seafront causing trouble and being a nuisance. But then again a chav could be someone that wears a type of clothing im guessing....

I would like to sell mine but if I dont get interest then i'll have to break which could be equaly annoying as people always seem to get left with the shell and other little bits that dont sell.

I just try not to count what I spend so its a bonus for whatever it sells for.

See out in the countryside we are quite civilised :D

Most of the "chav" people we get around here are most 18-25's who are more interested in using Ketamine as part of their 5 a day fruit and veg than buying Supra's, I am more into different things like banging up heroin and owning a NA...... Ahhhhh the high life :hang:

Edited by Graham1984 (see edit history)

I would like to sell mine but if I dont get interest then i'll have to break which could be equaly annoying as people always seem to get left with the shell and other little bits that dont sell.

RobD said he has so many spare parts/interior ect left over that if he had a nice shell he could almost build another NA.... I told him it would be the most depressing build thread ever but if you do decide to break he may want to buy ;)

I dont think its possible to label anyone that drives a supra a "chav" as for one they clearly have a job, and secondly spend all there free time on there car and not hanging around down highstreets or the seafront causing trouble and being a nuisance. But then again a chav could be someone that wears a type of clothing im guessing....

I just try not to count what I spend so its a bonus for whatever it sells for.

Sell or break it, the paints barely dry! :shrug:

Maybe you're not in the in Club until you've destroyed one? :think:

There are 2k less Supra's than 5 years ago, at this rate, in 5 years time there will be around 1k remaining in U.K.

That's around 400 a year less.

http://www.howmanyleft.co.uk/vehicle/toyota_supra

Edited by David P (see edit history)

I always wear hoodies lol they keep my ears warm. Chavs dont have mcflurry addiction so were ok mate :D