The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Kaan's SRD1000S - 3.4 Stroked Wide Body Project!

Kaan W

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have one already mate :)

Made some brackets up after work today for the trial rear as I didnt like the way it was sagging down on the left. Also changed the spoiler to see what looks better. Opinions? I might just stick with the TRD as I dont like the shape of the stock one from certain angles.

EDIT: Please excuse the crudety of the brackets as I dont have the proper bending or cutting equipment so it was just a quick lash up.

http://i1097.photobucket.com/albums/g351/kaan2lee/My%20Project/DSC02650.jpg

http://i1097.photobucket.com/albums/g351/kaan2lee/My%20Project/DSC02669.jpg

http://i1097.photobucket.com/albums/g351/kaan2lee/My%20Project/DSC02668.jpg

Before the brackets -

http://i1097.photobucket.com/albums/g351/kaan2lee/My%20Project/DSC02634.jpg

With brackets (and stock spoiler)-

http://i1097.photobucket.com/albums/g351/kaan2lee/My%20Project/DSC02677.jpg

Another thing, I will be getting another Do-luck bumper as mine is a bit old and I want something fresh but I cant seem to find one with the undertray? Is this important to have as the one I have now has it and was fixed to the rad support panel from it also.

Nice work :thumbs: IF you are planning the satin grey i think it be nice with black little bits of black, but regardless of what you choose i'm sure it be good.

Interested to see what your full plans with this supra are.

On the side note, when you going to produce copys of the brackets :D

Nice work :thumbs: IF you are planning the satin grey i think it be nice with black little bits of black, but regardless of what you choose i'm sure it be good.

Interested to see what your full plans with this supra are.

On the side note, when you going to produce copys of the brackets :D

Cheers mate, yeah the black bits will really set this car off or even carbon:D

I have alot of plans I just hope it all goes well :)

Also the bracket would cost around £70 if I was to make them as for the time it takes for me and my lack of free time its just not worth it so people will prob be better off making them there self. Im quite happy to give dimensions if you want tho bud! :)

Cheers mate, yeah the black bits will really set this car off or even carbon:D

I have alot of plans I just hope it all goes well :)

Also the bracket would cost around £70 if I was to make them as for the time it takes for me and my lack of free time its just not worth it so people will prob be better off making them there self. Im quite happy to give dimensions if you want tho bud! :)

£70.00. wow didn't expect it to be that price but i guess when you modify cars you have to expect the unexpected cost.

If you could give out the dimensions/template that be great.

Thanks for your time :)

£70.00. wow didn't expect it to be that price but i guess when you modify cars you have to expect the unexpected cost.

If you could give out the dimensions/template that be great.

Thanks for your time :)

I know its alot but I would be throwing money away if I just sat in all day making these for less. I'll have a word Noz as he might be able to make a few up if theres enough interest.

kaan where can you get this from it looks awesome and is it grp or polyurethene mate?

j:eyebrows:

You can only get it from one place in Japan and costs over £1000. Would of thought whatever its made from it will be good quality tho for that price.

whifbitz front! best looking on the market! but very low and thin! i had one (well 3 actually) pics in my garage!

Yeah that looks nice i'll look into it, thanks :)

Where in margate are you?

I always like a looky around supras, on the same note mine is in a lock up in st nick if you fancy a gander?

PM'd :)

Just thought I'd post a photoshop of my car in a satin black which im really loving at the moment. Makes the car look evil :eyebrows: I have no wheels on at the moment so it just looks like a wierd spaceship but overall im impressed with how its looking.

http://i1097.photobucket.com/albums/g351/kaan2lee/My%20Project/DSC026791.jpg

It does look really nice. But have to admit the photoshop skills make me laugh :D Not that i can do any better.

satin grey with satin black difusser sounds nice

im sure it will look good no matter what colour you choose, great work mate :D

It will be if I ever get it finished mate :D

Yeah I was going with a satin grey with black difuser until I changed my mind again lol. Did you have this problem when choosing a colour for yours or have you always had a colour in mind?

well originally i was going with a white lol im not sure how i got to blue but i decided i wanted candy. then looking through all the colours i liked the candy red, candy blue and candy purple

i thought the purple would be abit gay, i noticed the red had been done before and didnt know there was a candy blue supra but i know to atleast 2 now and i stuck with the candy blue tho,

ive bought the paints now so i cant change my mind :)

your working through it pritty quick mate :) takes time to get it right.

well originally i was going with a white lol im not sure how i got to blue but i decided i wanted candy. then looking through all the colours i liked the candy red, candy blue and candy purple

i thought the purple would be abit gay, i noticed the red had been done before and didnt know there was a candy blue supra but i know to atleast 2 now and i stuck with the candy blue tho,

ive bought the paints now so i cant change my mind :)

your working through it pritty quick mate :) takes time to get it right.

I should buy my paint now then so im stuck with it :) Theres only one thing that puts me off matte or satin colours and thats people thinking its a DIY spray job out a can thats not gone well. Imo I think it looks menicing and aggresive but thats me. Im gunno give myself untill november to finish as ive been slacking lately :D

Just read through the entire thread. Some great work going on, especially since you've been doing it yourself. Great sense of satisfaction, credit to you .

Keep it up :thumbs:

Also have you considered lamborghini balloon white for the colour? And I can see what you mean about the matte colours.

• 4 weeks later...

Just thought I would post some progress...

Spent ages getting this bit right and have never seen the lines on this kit combo blend the way I have done them so a little pleased with myself :)

attachment.php?attachmentid=165734&stc=1&d=1363112731

attachment.php?attachmentid=165735&stc=1&d=1363112731

I have spent the past two weeks getting the filler work perfect and am now happy with the way everything lines up and flows. I test fit the wheels too and everythings looking good. Also got my doluck front with undertray which fits pretty well for an ebay copy -

attachment.php?attachmentid=165736&stc=1&d=1363112731

attachment.php?attachmentid=165737&stc=1&d=1363112731

attachment.php?attachmentid=165738&stc=1&d=1363112731

attachment.php?attachmentid=165739&stc=1&d=1363112745

Thanet-20120902-00500.jpg

DSC02709.jpg

DSC02721.jpg

DSC02713.jpg

DSC02710.jpg

DSC02708.jpg

Edited by Kaan W (see edit history)