The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Kaan's SRD1000S - 3.4 Stroked Wide Body Project!

Kaan W

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I finished work late today but I went at it for a good few hours and prepped the engine bay ready for a quick wet sand and blow over with some matte black. I know its not the correct way of properly spraying an engine bay and wont look as good as some of the other projects on here but, I only have a few weeks left to get this baby painted and back on the road.

I hate my car looking like this but heres a before and now! lol -

attachment.php?attachmentid=165743&stc=1&d=1363113279

attachment.php?attachmentid=165744&stc=1&d=1363113279

Runnymede-20120603-00266.jpg

DSC02744.jpg

Edited by Kaan W (see edit history)

Just thought I would add that I am not a mechanic nor do I have the skills for certain jobs on the car which is why it seems to be taking ages to get done. I just sit back and take each step one at a time and write everything down because I know I will get mixed up on trying to do 100 different things at once and probably get frustrated with the whole thing and end up going cookoo lol.

Cheers for the support guys it really does help :thumbs:

Just thought I would add that I am not a mechanic nor do I have the skills for certain jobs on the car which is why it seems to be taking ages to get done. I just sit back and take each step one at a time and write everything down because I know I will get mixed up on trying to do 100 different things at once and probably get frustrated with the whole thing and end up going cookoo

I know that feeling... All looks good so far matey - keep it up! :)

Doing a cracking job on that car dude,

just one thing.

the carbon wrap on the dash, it would have looked seriously better (still looks good now though)

if you would have done the gear lever surround the same direction..

any reason you didn't?

]

Yeah! Good point!!! Too many beers?

I know im going to re do it once I get some more as that was some left over I had from something else. I actualy started on the gear surround and if you look by the ash tray the lines go diagonal but as it gets to the join its horizontal :conf: And if on the join it was diagonal the same as the stereo panel it would end up going straight by the ash tray.

I will redo it tho so it all goes the same way, little things like that keep me up at night lol.

I know im going to re do it once I get some more as that was some left over I had from something else. I actualy started on the gear surround and if you look by the ash tray the lines go diagonal but as it gets to the join its horizontal :conf: And if on the join it was diagonal the same as the stereo panel it would end up going straight by the ash tray.

I will redo it tho so it all goes the same way, little things like that keep me up at night lol.

lol...

Looks terrible, spray it red again or gloss black.

+1. I reckon gloss black would look a lot better.

Its an engine bay guys I think the matte will make the engine stand out more when its done and hides the wires a little better. The car is going to be matte black too so gloss would look out of place. Cheers for the input but its just the way I want my car :)

Started after work today, its not to bad just waiting for some more parts to turn up.

attachment.php?attachmentid=165751&stc=1&d=1363113647

DSC02754.jpg

Nooooo, the cars going matte mate.

To be honest, for me, a matte paint job just looks like an unfinished job to me. As if they forgot to apply the clear coat.

Each to his own though, and if its what you want, do it.

Everyone has their own tastes, and some need to be less forward with their personal opinions in my eyes.

Shooting down someone's effort in their own project thread is out of order IMO.

Looks like a good job regardless of people's views on the colour choice :thumbs:

Edited by listy (see edit history)

To be honest, for me, a matte paint job just looks like an unfinished job to me. As if they forgot to apply the clear coat.

Each to his own though, and if its what you want, do it.

Everyone has their own tastes, and some need to be less forward with their personal opinions in my eyes.

Looks like a good job regardless of people's views on the colour choice :thumbs:

Cheers mate :thumbs:

Imo its never going to be a show car as I just dont have the time or money to put into it like others so theres no point in having an ultra blinged up bay however, I put myself through alot trying to get this car done and just want it back on the road so its just a quick fresh coat to cover the scratched red. I know matte black is not to everyones taste which is why there are hundreds and hundreds of gloss black cars which I see everyday so wanted something different. Even if when the day comes to spray I go with a yellow or pink or blue, whatever colour a choose matte black in the bay will look alot better than the scratched red and will go with anything....

I agree, it's Kaan's car. So colour is up to him. Was only expressing my opinion, but as I've said to Kaan before, it's 100% up to him what he does with the car. It's all down to personal taste. I really admire the way he is just getting stuck in. It'll certainly look different once it's done, that's for sure! :)

I agree, it's Kaan's car. So colour is up to him. Was only expressing my opinion, but as I've said to Kaan before, it's 100% up to him what he does with the car. It's all down to personal taste. I really admire the way he is just getting stuck in. It'll certainly look different once it's done, that's for sure! :)

Thanks dan! As I previously mentioned im doing this all from home after work and dont have alot of time.

I appreciate everyones feedback though good or bad so thanks....