The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Kaan's SRD1000S - 3.4 Stroked Wide Body Project!

Kaan W

have you got a car cover mate? I might be wrong but im sure the filler will absorb water (i.e rain water) and you dont want that too happen- just a heads up :)

I didnt know that but the car gets covered everyday after I finish working on it but cheers anyway mate :)

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

is it getting wet under your cover mate? when we have been doing mine, after the filler steve put something over it just incase it rained, something he sprayed out of the gun

nice work by the way

cant wait to see this finished

Cheers :) Only a slight bit of condensation nothing a bit of sunshine wont sort out.

Ooooo this is looking very interesting, nice work mate ;)

How did you get on with the engine bay?

Cheers guys :)

I havent started the engine bay yet but thats definately next on my list after the bodywork. There is so much I have planned but with work busy at the moment I can only do a couple of hours a day so im giving myslef until next summer to finish :)

By the way guys im getting rid of the Do-luck front so any recomendations or ideas?

I really like the Garage Paddy front and think it will suit the shape of the car great -

attachment.php?attachmentid=165726&stc=1&d=1363111693

main.jpg

Edited by Kaan W (see edit history)

For me, the garage paddy one is a bit cartoon-y, if that makes sense. You've put so much effort in to this it would be a shame to spoil it!

I might just stick with the Do-luck for now as it still looks nice and keeps the car looking aggresive. Still not sure what spoiler to go for yet whether to go stock or stay trd?

i really like the do-luck front, and you could always buy a stock spoiler and have it painted and still keep the trd one and you can change between the too when you fancy a change :)

you already have the trd one and you can get a stock one for around £30 usually on here. i sold one not long ago for £20

i really like the do-luck front, and you could always buy a stock spoiler and have it painted and still keep the trd one and you can change between the too when you fancy a change :)

you already have the trd one and you can get a stock one for around £30 usually on here. i sold one not long ago for £20

I have one already mate :)

Made some brackets up after work today for the trial rear as I didnt like the way it was sagging down on the left. Also changed the spoiler to see what looks better. Opinions? I might just stick with the TRD as I dont like the shape of the stock one from certain angles.

EDIT: Please excuse the crudety of the brackets as I dont have the proper bending or cutting equipment so it was just a quick lash up.

attachment.php?attachmentid=165728&stc=1&d=1363112038

attachment.php?attachmentid=165729&stc=1&d=1363112038

attachment.php?attachmentid=165730&stc=1&d=1363112038

Before the brackets -

attachment.php?attachmentid=165731&stc=1&d=1363112038

With brackets (and stock spoiler)-

attachment.php?attachmentid=165732&stc=1&d=1363112038

Another thing, I will be getting another Do-luck bumper as mine is a bit old and I want something fresh but I cant seem to find one with the undertray? Is this important to have as the one I have now has it and was fixed to the rad support panel from it also.

DSC02650.jpg

DSC02669.jpg

DSC02668.jpg

DSC02634.jpg

DSC02677.jpg

Edited by Kaan W (see edit history)

Without sounding like a complete tool - What are the brackets suppost to do that Kaan has made it looks no different to me lol. Im not faulting you're work because its probs just me being stupid lol

I agree on the TRD wing it looks much better with it on :) And the whole project is looking great :D

Edited by Chris Bailey (see edit history)

Without sounding like a complete tool - What are the brackets suppost to do that Kaan has made it looks no different to me lol. Im not faulting you're work because its probs just me being stupid lol

I agree on the TRD wing it looks much better with it on :) And the whole project is looking great :D

Its easier to see in person but the lower part of the bumper on the right hand side of the exhaust was drooping down slightly which looked a bit stupid and tacky. Also there has been problems in the past with the bumpers cracking at high speed from the lower part catching the air like a massive parachute, which I dont fancy happening after all the work ive put into this.

I like TRD better also, the stock one makes the whole car look too rounded and boring imo.