The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Kaan's SRD1000S - 3.4 Stroked Wide Body Project!

Kaan W

Finally got my new gearbox and torque converter today...

http://i1097.photobucket.com/albums/g351/kaan2lee/DSC02769.jpg

The way things are going im not gunno have time to get the bodywork done myself before christmas as works gone a bit crazy at the moment so im gunno pop down to the spray shop this week to see if he can finish it for me :)

Can't wait till it's finished. Have you decided a colour yet or are you still contemplating?

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

lucky bugger! i could do with that nice bit of kit. planning to get mine sorted end of the year, titan or stage 4 srd but most likely srd

:eyebrows: Yeah its funny that SRD brought theres out the same day I ordered mine from Titan. There all good boxes tho.

you sir! have to much money lol, carpet fitting must pay good!!

Lol I wish, I just know how to spend my hard earnt cash wisely :)

Can't wait till it's finished. Have you decided a colour yet or are you still contemplating?

Im probably gunno go with Lambo grey mate after the hundreds other decisions I was thinking of lol.

6 speed box ? Did you get direct from toyota and how much bud ?

Yeah as the others have said its a Titan auto box mate.

:wtf:Everytime I think of something that will look nice it seems its already been done! He even has the same kit as me! Im running out of ideas and getting quite annoyed to be honest....

I think I should do what I think looks best and settle for what I want otherwise im never gunno finish this car. To be honest theres nothing like this where I live and im not trying to build a completely unique show car I just want my baby back on the road and looking half decent.

And mplavery if I do decide to go liquid yellow I never even saw your car before Rob said about the colour so im not copying you this is just how I visualised my supra...

Im afriad my Liquis Yellow Supra has copyright....BUT... if you send me a big fat juiscy Cheque im sure we can sort something out lol....

Car is looking awesome mate and looking forward to the updates... Its a NIGHTMARE choosing a colour for the car. I was going to go for Orange but Rob said he would punch my lights out so Blue was then on the cards lol. I was going round all my local dealers to find out what the new colours were then this Clio in Liquid Yellow passed me....I had a big smile on my face then my colour was set !.

I was finding it hard to see if it would suit the car with the kit/wheels etc but lucky enough it all worked out

I have also done my engine bay in Matt Black too, goes really well with chrome and carbon mate.. Though i may still get the bay the same colour as the car...not sure yet

Just to let you know there are a few shades of Liquid Yellow, We went for the darkest one.

If you want to go for Liquid Yellow then go for it mate, does not bother me at all

Though

I played around with photoshop on mine a while back and i think GREEN for you mate.... This is what mine would look like green

Im afriad my Liquis Yellow Supra has copyright....BUT... if you send me a big fat juiscy Cheque im sure we can sort something out lol....

Car is looking awesome mate and looking forward to the updates... Its a NIGHTMARE choosing a colour for the car. I was going to go for Orange but Rob said he would punch my lights out so Blue was then on the cards lol. I was going round all my local dealers to find out what the new colours were then this Clio in Liquid Yellow passed me....I had a big smile on my face then my colour was set !.

I was finding it hard to see if it would suit the car with the kit/wheels etc but lucky enough it all worked out

I have also done my engine bay in Matt Black too, goes really well with chrome and carbon mate.. Though i may still get the bay the same colour as the car...not sure yet

Just to let you know there are a few shades of Liquid Yellow, We went for the darkest one.

If you want to go for Liquid Yellow then go for it mate, does not bother me at all

Though

I played around with photoshop on mine a while back and i think GREEN for you mate.... This is what mine would look like green

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y112/mplavery/960af8e1.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y112/mplavery/porsche-911-gt3-rs.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y112/mplavery/green-cars.jpg

That green would definitely stand out nicely, and would make the car very unique. At the same time I do really like the Lambo grey, a lot more subtle. I guess it all depends on what kind of look your going for and your personal preference

That green would definitely stand out nicely, and would make the car very unique. At the same time I do really like the Lambo grey, a lot more subtle. I guess it all depends on what kind of look your going for and your personal preference

I agree the grey would look just as nice and also it's more of a safer bet too.... IMO with loud colours, everything has to be the right choice from your kit, wheels, stance etc otherwise it just won't work

Though

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y112/mplavery/960af8e1.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y112/mplavery/porsche-911-gt3-rs.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y112/mplavery/green-cars.jpg

Yeah I know mate lol I think ive gone through nearly every colour there is already and will probably still change my mind again. Green was my first choice but ive gone off it simply because theres a narrow market for green cars and I didnt want to struggle if ever I needed a quick sale. Im quite happy with lambo grey tho at the moment not sure which one! But im sure it will look ok :)

Thanks, I really love your car mate you've done a cracking job there fella looks great!

Been a long day today started this morning and only just finsished. I have mounted the intercooler and all new pipework I also had to modifly the power steering cooler so the intercooler can be placed back slightly. Shouldnt have to cut the front bumper for the pipework now. I fitted the new torque converter, gearbox and prop shaft so thats that all done.

Just waiting for my fluids to arrive it should be tomorrow then hopefully fire her up for the first time in 4 months and check everythings working fine. Really crossing my fingers now that everything works and it starts first time.

b;3531463']Looks like a nice pallet of goods dude!! :D Is always fun when all the new bits for a project start coming in. :D

If your looking at greys, & want to be different to anything done before; mine's located at the darker end of the grey's dude... :)

http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o262/shimmydude/supe%20august%202012/1E51DD9A-F14B-4434-BE32-C4F889D0E2BD-10548-00000D6E926FD400.jpg

:drool:

Also, if you look in my progress thread in my sig, the first few pics are of mine when it was Aston Martin DB5 (interior) grey.

That colour was never used on the outside of a car. Very unique ;)

b;3531463']Looks like a nice pallet of goods dude!! :D Is always fun when all the new bits for a project start coming in. :D

If your looking at greys, & want to be different to anything done before; mine's located at the darker end of the grey's dude... :)

http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o262/shimmydude/supe%20august%202012/1E51DD9A-F14B-4434-BE32-C4F889D0E2BD-10548-00000D6E926FD400.jpg

I have this picture as my wall paper :) One of my favourate supras. Nice colour too wouldnt mind the colour code of that!