The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Na-t build

pjavon

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't finished it yet mate. I'm waiting for my gauges to arrive so I have the boss to weld in the manifold for the egt gauge.

Then I can finish the wrapping.

Fair enough. I wrapped my manifold and dump pipe, so I know exactly how fiddly it can be :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

EGT gauge bung ready for welding tomorrow in work

Now welded and I've finished off the manifold wrapping.

I had some more intercooler pipe arrive today as I didn't have enough so done a little mock up for a play:D

I'll be welding the joint in the middle above the turbo though.

As I'm only going for relatively small numbers and I want an 'as stock a drive as possible' I've gone for a Stage 2 competition clutch. Just hope it hold now.

I've decided I'm going to put a FMIC on my car, I was going the stock TT side mount route but the condition of the one I bought is just not good enough for me to be sure it's going to last any length of time and the after market ones are to expensive.

Anyway after much deliberation I've gone this route now, infact ones on it's way to me.

I've been playing with my pipework and obviously there's some trimming needed but this is how I'm planning the return to the intake.

I'm going to weld the ally bracket to the pipe for some support where it goes through the inner wing so with the other end fixing to the FMIC I'm hoping it should be stable enough?

- - - Updated - - -

Got my intercooler mounted tonight, some of the pipes that were in the kit fitted better than my others as well so I'll use them.

I need another black reducer though, ebay again:oo

such a clean build! nice work

Thank you

Fantastic mate!

I Ran my pipes exactly the same way mate, I didn't use any extra brackets and mine was fine for the 2 and 1/2 years it was like that so yours will definitely be stable! :)

Great thats good to know, thanks for the info again you've been a big help mate.

that will be fine, looks sweet too. 2 of my 3 are done that way and no issue

Good news, it should be OK then

Love the care you are taking about this build, enjoy reading your updates :)

Thank you, really appreciate the comment.

very nice, well done. what sort of power you hoping for?

I'm not set on power yet, just want to get it running nice first but I am hoping for at least stock TT power.

This car is somthing else, lots of effort all of which is paying off! Its coming along very nicely and the bay is going to look stunning too :)

Thanks mate, comments like that make the work worth while.

Love reading this build, I have most my parts for my NA-T build myself and will probably be pestering for information

Thanks for sharing, awesome work

Thanks mate, ive replied and hope it helps a bit. Feel free to pm away mate, I did to other people:d

That will be fine mate, will not cause you any problems.

Most of the guys on club NA-T have them in the same location bud ;)

Great, thanks mate. I'll get that welded on ready as well then before I go for the engine swap.

Haha No i'm getting a bit impatient now, hopefully with in the next month or so.

I'm just trying to get as much done as I can while I can still move it about under it's own steam as I can't push it in and out of my bigger garage due to a big lip.

So once the engine out I'm going to be under a garage door working away and with the rain we've been having I don't want to much of that:)

Got my BOV flange welded on now, thats all the intercooler pipework ready as much as I can without the Turbo in place.

I'll leave polishing the pipes until after I've fitted everything so I only have to do it once, I HATE polishing ally:(