The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Na-t build

pjavon

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can anyone enlighten me as to what this is? The pipe goes up through the floor pan.

Believe it or not I can't find a spanner to fit the bolt heads and I'm pretty sure even when I do they aren't going to move much:;(

Am I going to need it when I put the decats in?

Un -plugging is wrong!

Whys that Chris, what would you say I should be doing.

I'm pretty sure the bolts aren't going to come out so should I grind the heads off the bolts and re-fit it to my decat pipe to keep everything as stock as possible?

Whys that Chris, what would you say I should be doing.

I'm pretty sure the bolts aren't going to come out so should I grind the heads off the bolts and re-fit it to my decat pipe to keep everything as stock as possible?

Decat pipes don't usually have a boss for the temp sensor, leave the sensor plugged in - so the cat temp warning light on the dash stays off - and just cable tie it out of the way under the car.

The ecu expects a resistive load on that input, so just tie wrap the sensor to the nearby body shell seam with a small hole drilled in it. You COULD measure the resistance of the sensor and substitute it witha 1.4 watt resistor if you really wanted to, but don't have nothing on that input.

Got my BOV flange welded on now, thats all the intercooler pipework ready as much as I can without the Turbo in place.

I'll leave polishing the pipes until after I've fitted everything so I only have to do it once, I HATE polishing ally:(

- - - Updated - - -

Got my BOV flange welded on now, thats all the intercooler pipework ready as much as I can without the Turbo in place.

I'll leave polishing the pipes until after I've fitted everything so I only have to do it once, I HATE polishing ally:(

http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd28/pjavon/NA-T%20Pics/86ec4cf1.jpg

http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd28/pjavon/NA-T%20Pics/7fbe0bfe.jpg

Awesome build :thumbs:

Any chance of your stock engine what your taking out ?

As I am going to do this and as I use my car I can play around with a spare?

Pm me a price if you are willing to sell mate :)

Also when I start my build I will do a thread build on here too

Any thing you came across ;stress with or may of changed or done differentley?

I decided to trial fit the manifold and turbo etc on my existing engine to see if it all fits as EVERYONE thats seen it has said 'thats not going to fit in there' so I thought I'd rather scratch and bash this engine instead of my newly painted one.

Well it does fit:woot:, theres a few things that need sorting like the screamer pipe and I'm sure the down pipe isn't going to be a perfect fit when I do get the second de-cat but the main parts fit fine.

Anyway I best stop playing about now and carry on removing the ancillaries etc ready to take the engine out:D

Awesome build :thumbs:

Any chance of your stock engine what your taking out ?

As I am going to do this and as I use my car I can play around with a spare?

Pm me a price if you are willing to sell mate :)

Also when I start my build I will do a thread build on here too

Any thing you came across ;stress with or may of changed or done differentley?

Thanks for the kind words mate. Sorry but I'm keeping the engine as a spare just incase anything happens to this one.

Theres nothing I'd change yet but I haven't got it running yet;) only time will tell I guess

Thanks for the kind words mate. Sorry but I'm keeping the engine as a spare just incase anything happens to this one.

Theres nothing I'd change yet but I haven't got it running yet;) only time will tell I guess

No worries I always give appreciation when I see hard work and it'd defiantly paying off il be keeping an eye out for this :Popcorn:

I'm looking out for a donar engine too :p

With the psi you are going to be running at 7/8 or more?

what sort of bhp (roughly) would you say she will be running? Ie in gains from the na's oringall bhp which I think is ...240? (go easy on me I may be wrong) :hide:

Does the position of this down pipe look OK where it comes out under the car, it looks really low to me. I haven't got my second de-cat pipe yet so it's hard for me to tell if it's anywhere near.

Anyone got any links for the de-cat pipes they've used?

From the top

Under the car