The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Na-t build

pjavon

Hi Jon, it was either the seller on the link above or a seller called nik-pro. Both come up when you type 'ultra sonic injector' into the eBay search function.

As for the resistor pack, if i remember right the resistance has something to do with the time it takes for the ECU open/close signal to operate the injector. The NA injectors are high impedance and the MKIII turbo ones are low. The difference is around 10 Ohms when you test across the injector with a multimeter, but don't take my word for it. I ordered SH50 10R 5% Resistors, which are 50W, 5% tolerance 10Ohm resistors with a decent heat sink on them from Farnell @ £2.59 each ex VAT. We traced the injector loom back to behind the carbon can on the passenger side bulk head, and wired one resister to the feed for each injector. There may however be a better way of doing this. I had a stainless steel box made to house the resistors just to tidy things up.

Hope this helps.

PS. If you are using E-manage Blue you will need:

Greddy 3bar sensor

Greddy pressure sensor harness

Greddy E-manage injector harness

all availiable from Envy at around £150 when i bought mine.

Thats great, thanks mate. All the ohms etc is going over my head a bit at the moment so I'll have to get my head around it a bit but I think I understand what you mean.

Thanks

Paul

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very very good idea re the flex pipe in the down pipe. I can flow test and clean the injectors, £11 each. I have got a suitable resistor pack, £25. Let me know if I can assist. good luck, very nice work indeed.

Thanks Chris, I'll defiantly need the injectors cleaned and flow tested so I'll give you a call about sorting that out.

Thanks

Paul

Mocked it up today. I had a bit of trouble welding the spigot on the manifold and didn't know why then I remembered it has a heat coating system applied to it which obviously made welding it a bit awkward:rolleyes:. Done it now though. I've only tacked the screamer pipe on incase it needs altering when I get around to fitting the engine in the bay.

Just need to get my AEM UEGO gauge now so I can weld the spigot on number 6 pipe on the manifold then I can wrap it etc.

I decided to knock up a turbo heat shield and see how it looks seen as I've got some material 'in stock' and it won't cost anything.

Here it is ready for welding today

And welded, I'll clean it up tonight. I might spray this bit black though if I'm getting the compressor housing polished.

I've gave it a quick clean up and fitted it. If I decide to polish it I'll buff it up but I've left it like this for now in case I paint it.

My wastegate arrived today so I'll get the flanges welded to my manifold tomorrow :D

http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd28/pjavon/NA-T%20Pics/IMG_0905.jpg

And back together with 7.5 psi springs

http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd28/pjavon/NA-T%20Pics/IMG_0910.jpg

A* on the wastegate!

I bought the same one after my hks copy give up on me and the Pw46 wastegate controls my boost fantastic now ;-)...

Superb, very thorough job you're doing.

Thank you

that looks the nuts mate. well done.

Thanks, I'm hoping it looks good when it's all done

very nice!

Thank you

Great effort on this. Definitely one of the best NA-T builds i have seen !

Thanks for the nice comment, it's really appreciated mate

Fantastic Paul!

Thank you kind sir:)

A* on the wastegate!

I bought the same one after my hks copy give up on me and the Pw46 wastegate controls my boost fantastic now ;-)...

Thats good to know, thanks:thumbs:

• 2 weeks later...
Such a clean build, Your making us other NA-T members jelous! Lol :respekt: really looking forward to the end result! :thumbs:

Think I'm going to do something similar with my next engine now. :) congratulations so far!

Thanks mate, I'll probably be slowing down a bit now though as I've got a busy month or so ahead. Hopefully won't be to long though:D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

No mate, not really, I was going to try and get it ready for Japfest but I'm not going this year now so I can relax on the build a bit.

I've bought an E-Manage Blue with the harnesses of a member on here, just need the map sensor. I haven't touched the engine for a while, just been to busy this month to be honest and I'm taking my little girl to Florida in April so the money situation is a bit tight as well:innocent:. I will get there, eventually;):D