The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Na-t build

pjavon

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My oil line parts arrived a few days ago so I've been working on my lines:D

I haven't done the feed from the oil filter housing yet but the rest are now sorted. As i'm pretty tight for space in a few areas I had to make a few alterations to my first ideas and flanges:oo

Oil return pipe

I've ordered a couple of nice little anodised clamps to hold the pipe in position across the top of the cam cover.

This is my main area of concern, as you can see it's pretty close to the manifold. At the tightest point theres about a 25mm gap but if I'd got a 90º fitting it would hit the turbo flange and make the silicone pipe and clamp on the compressor housing very tight if not touching. Thats a 45º fitting and I've welded the thread on the bracket at an angle both ways to make it sit at that position. I think thats as good as it's going to get:(

Would be nice too know how you made a 4" intake pipe work the supra am working on for a guy right now only has a 3" intake and i have already installed a 4runner dizzy cap still has naff all clearance for a intake pipe

Also did you use a high temp paint for the cam covers etc, do you think it will take the temps ok?

Would be nice too know how you made a 4" intake pipe work the supra am working on for a guy right now only has a 3" intake and i have already installed a 4runner dizzy cap still has naff all clearance for a intake pipe

Also did you use a high temp paint for the cam covers etc, do you think it will take the temps ok?

I think it's the positioning that the boostlogic manifold places the turbo mate. Yes I did use high temp paint for the cam covers, it's the BBQ type paint you get from B&Q or similar so I would imagine it'll take the temps.

The gun metal is only normal paint. I'm hoping it will not melt but only time will tell;)

Do you think, It's what I had knocking around the garage to be honest and is only stuck on with double sided tape for now. It just looked to open without something there, any other idea's as I do sort of agree with you;)

Well in my honest opinion the original Toyota 3000 sticker that is usually there finishes them off nicely IMO.

If there's one thing I hate the most is when people slap the supra logo anywhere and everywhere on the car. It looks tacky.

Must admit this is probably the tidiest NA-T build I've seen on this forum. Nice work.

Edited by Kirk (see edit history)

Well in my honest opinion the original Toyota 3000 sticker that is usually there finishes them off nicely IMO.

If there's one thing I hate the most is when people slap the supra logo anywhere and everywhere on the car. It looks tacky.

Must admit this is probably the tidiest NA-T build I've seen on this forum. Nice work.

Haha OK fair enough, The Toyota 3000 sticker is on my toolbox as it's all marked and faded etc so thats not going back on.

I'd prefer the logo than nothing so thats staying until I find something better ;)

Thanks for the input though:thumbs:

Very nice work :)

Thanks mate.

Looking great mate - a nice organised, considered, detailed build. Going to enjoy reading your updates as you go.

Thanks Steve, I'm trying my best;):D

Started my oil feed at the filter end tonight.

This is the bolt drilled

And with the nut ready to TIG welded on tomorrow in work

So it should look like this tomorrow night then I can connect my oil line up fully.

Mate ! Just a quick one, for your oil drain is that a stright fitting going into the sump? Just as I had a stright fitting on mine and it would not fit because of some sort of bolt was sticking up in the way! I had to get a 45degree -10 fitting to avoid it.

I'm not sure if this will be the same for you but just somthing to check for.

Ps: it's looking fantastic mate keep up the good work! ;-)

Mate ! Just a quick one, for your oil drain is that a stright fitting going into the sump? Just as I had a stright fitting on mine and it would not fit because of some sort of bolt was sticking up in the way! I had to get a 45degree -10 fitting to avoid it.

I'm not sure if this will be the same for you but just somthing to check for.

Ps: it's looking fantastic mate keep up the good work! ;-)

Thanks for pointing that out mate, your bang on theres a steering rack bolt in the way, I've ordered a 45º one now:thumbs:

Appreciate that, it's saved me having to wait for one now when I get around to dropping it in.

Thanks for pointing that out mate, your bang on theres a steering rack bolt in the way, I've ordered a 45º one now:thumbs:

Appreciate that, it's saved me having to wait for one now when I get around to dropping it in.

Ah good mate! There's nothing worse than somthing that small holding you back when your just about ready to put her back together ;)