The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Na-t build

pjavon

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thats too low mate , its because you have the boost logic manifold it sits the turbo lower. youl need to have it shortend, if you catch the exhaust on a bump it could fubar your turbo

It looks too low to me as well. I'd get it raises. Try and marry your mid-pipe to it and your have a better idea where it should be.

It is too low, the angle is correct but because the bl manifold sits the turbo lower the downpipe sticks down lower than say an xs power manifold or other that has the turbo flange level

:yeahthat:

Nice to see you are well stocked with chairs for Noahs Ark and squirt some WD on those rusting bottom wishbone nuts and bolts next time you are under there.

Edited by David P (see edit history)

I'm going to be running a quickspool valve to half my spool up time, and running decat 3" nur spec with a "bung" stepper motor controlled butterfly valve just before the tail box so I can quieten it down on those early mornings/late returns

Thanks for the comments guys.

After moving my engine into the back garden, which I thought was best as by 9.30 this morning the scrap men had knocked on our door asking if the engine was for scrap:oo I started stage 1, engine bay de-grease:D

It's now sitting in my garage with an oil heater in the bay to help dry out all the connections etc

Done a bit more cleaning and painting tonight.

After moving my engine into the back garden, which I thought was best as by 9.30 this morning the scrap men had knocked on our door asking if the engine was for scrap:oo

If your local Pikeys are like our local Pikey's, now they know it's there, it soon won't be.

LOL the engine is nice and safe, got it on a little trolley so I can move it around easily now.

Just got the steering rack and aluminium cross member to sort out now.

The ABS pump is annoying me a bit as it looks rubbish, I'm not sure what I'm going to do with that yet.

Before:

Upto now

Had another busy day today:D

Fitted the new spigot bearing in the clutch kit, but I forgot about pic's when I fitted the clutch.

All ready to be dropped in

I had to break the old man out of retirement for a few hours, well someone had to keep an eye on me:D

Telling me to stop messing about taking pictures;)

It's been a few years since he's had to do this:rolf

And here it is, where it should be

Just a few more bits to fit:D

Edited by pjavon (see edit history)

Thanks for the great comments guy's.

I've been doing a lot of work on the car recently, most of it boring stuff not worth taking pictures of but today I went to work and welded my O2 Sensor flanges onto the down pipe and also cut it down. I've only tacked it in position as until I do the exhaust I'm not sure it's right.

In place, I had to extend one of the O2 sensors wires as it wasn't long enough.

I've also moved the ignition coil as it looks a mess up by the turret. It's not exactly hidden now but is slightly better I think:D

I've also finished all the intercooler piping so I couldn't resist slipping the intake on just to see how it will look.

I'm hoping to get the radiator on and all fluids in tomorrow:D