The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Dragonball 2012 - where to go?

Branners

Dragonball 2012  

57 members have voted

1. 1. Dragonball 2012

• Eurotunnel to France, trip down to Britanny area of france and then back home. Leave on a Friday, return late on Sunday.
    • Eurotunnel to France, travel in to Germany to Nurburgring and surrounding areas. Leave on a Friday morning, return late on Sunday
    • Ferry down to Bilbao in Spain, travel to the mountains and possibly Barcelona, back to the port and back home. Leaving on a Thursday (arrive Spain on the Saturday!!), return on the Ferry on Monday arrive back in the UK on the Tuesday.

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If its anywhere as good as last year, I'll go anywhere! It was the combination of people AND the cars that made it so memorable.

Likewise! Another vote for the tunnel!

Though I think what Johnny is saying is that we only went 6 months ago... THIS YEAR! :D

from what i remember... holland wasnt very scenic... (food wasnt too great ether!) i went on a geography field trip with school. dunno why. all there was to look at geography wise was dykes (which im sure havard would be interested in) and smoked cheese (which i sat with in my cabin on the way back to the uk and ate with a large toblarone, it didnt stay down long)

from what i remember... holland wasnt very scenic... (food wasnt too great ether!) i went on a geography field trip with school. dunno why. all there was to look at geography wise was dykes (which im sure havard would be interested in) and smoked cheese (which i sat with in my cabin on the way back to the uk and ate with a large toblarone, it didnt stay down long)

Interesting. I did Geology at school. Dykes are quite a lot of fun in the right environment.

H.

I'm not for the ferry, all those people squeezing between the cars with bags, prams and kids. Then another few hours to wait when you could be enjoying the driving in Europe. The drive down to the tunnel and the stop over the night before is all part of the fun.

Then in the morning, breakfast, terminal, drive on, drive onto train, thirty five minutes, time to give the car a quick detail or wash at the hotel before as has happened in the past, and your there with a full day of driving some great roads.

Ian

• 2 weeks later...

Im looking at the 11th, 12th and 13th May to avoid the bank holidays in May.

Expect it to be France or Holland, I dont want to risk taking cars to the Ring and finding they dont come back. I like all my fellow travellers to come back if possible. I also cannot see people being able to afford the trip if it was down to Spain.

Little more detail once I have gathered the team together.

I would definitely be up for this !! Anywhere is good for me as I am in it for the drive and people the destination is just part of the package although somewhere nice would be a bonus :D Why can't we go somewhere different in Germany it doesn't have to be the ring does it?

Expect it to be France or Holland, I dont want to risk taking cars to the Ring and finding they dont come back. I like all my fellow travellers to come back if possible. I also cannot see people being able to afford the trip if it was down to Spain.

Okay mate, sounds good, but I not sure I will get away with it, as we are going to Florida for 3 weeks in the same month

I will be trying my best to get there though:sly: after such a great trip this year

Okay mate, sounds good, but I not sure I will get away with it, as we are going to Florida for 3 weeks in the same month

I will be trying my best to get there though:sly: after such a great trip this year

yiou can do what we did and drive from manchester airport to the hotell before the tunnel in the same day (jetlagged) :p

I've a feeling I might beat that in 2012 - it's 307 miles from my door to Dover :blink:

Better have some good CD's handy J! :D

Seriously think you should consider a ferry & meet up at some point once we decide what we are going to do.

We should really be making a decision by December & start bookings.