The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Dragonball 2012 - where to go?

Branners

Dragonball 2012  

57 members have voted

1. 1. Dragonball 2012

• Eurotunnel to France, trip down to Britanny area of france and then back home. Leave on a Friday, return late on Sunday.
    • Eurotunnel to France, travel in to Germany to Nurburgring and surrounding areas. Leave on a Friday morning, return late on Sunday
    • Ferry down to Bilbao in Spain, travel to the mountains and possibly Barcelona, back to the port and back home. Leaving on a Thursday (arrive Spain on the Saturday!!), return on the Ferry on Monday arrive back in the UK on the Tuesday.

Option 1 for me. IMO one of the key points that made last year so great was due to it being so relaxing. Driving along quiet roads through French villages, stoping off at a town for lunch and then off to a POI with great company resulted in an amazing weekend. We only have 3 days and a trip to the Nurburgring sounds nice but for some reason thats all I can see it being.

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Option 1 for me. IMO one of the key points that made last year so great was due to it being so relaxing. Driving along quiet roads through French villages, stoping off at a town for lunch and then off to a POI with great company resulted in an amazing weekend.

This is what I am looking forward to after seeing this years pics & YouTube vids :) nice drive, nice scenery, nice people :)

Option 1 for me. IMO one of the key points that made last year so great was due to it being so relaxing. Driving along quiet roads through French villages, stoping off at a town for lunch and then off to a POI with great company resulted in an amazing weekend. We only have 3 days and a trip to the Nurburgring sounds nice but for some reason thats all I can see it being.

Very good point Scott & that could have been it. As we didn't do a huge amount of driving in France it was a very relaxed weekend which in turn made it feel enjoyable rather than a rush to get somewhere! 3 days is not a lot & after the last trip I am pretty sure everyone was wishing it was a 4 day one!

Maybe we should do that? Leave on a Friday? Return on a Monday?

As far as destination goes, I am not overly concerned. Great drive with great company is a must do and as long as spend more time nearer the camera cars I will be a happy man.

H.

Paul you stopped behind the camera car instead of driving past it, how much more time could you spend nearer the camera car? :p :D

I'm in. Not too fussed where. Judging by last year, it'll be awesome wherever we end up!

I love the sound of Option 3, but I'd sooner do a shorter trip if it means more people would come.

Edit: This depends on getting leave from work, so the sooner we know dates, the better :)

Edited by Kilps (see edit history)

Do us lot up here not exist? You are talking about 9 hrs or so and a few quid of petrol to get all the way down there. Would be nice to be thought of now and again.
Isn't Scotland a different country? :p

Hull would still be a 300 odd drive for you guys & I am sure the Ferry is a no no for your car?

Anyone used any Ferry's that have a fairly flat approach? Eurotunnel was painless & we need a transport method like this.

Double that and we will be close.

I meant on top of mine matey! But, I know what you mean. Amsterdam would be a decent venue for all I think with ferries from Newcastle, Hull and Harwich to IJmuiden, Rotterdam and Hook of Holland respectively.

The 3 places then have a short drive to Amsterdam where all parties could meet.

I meant on top of mine matey! But, I know what you mean. Amsterdam would be a decent venue for all I think with ferries from Newcastle, Hull and Harwich to IJmuiden, Rotterdam and Hook of Holland respectively.

The 3 places then have a short drive to Amsterdam where all parties could meet.

And you've got Zanvoort circuit about 50kms away :)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1318183053.220156.jpg

Isn't Scotland a different country? :p

Hull would still be a 300 odd drive for you guys & I am sure the Ferry is a no no for your car?

Anyone used any Ferry's that have a fairly flat approach? Eurotunnel was painless & we need a transport method like this.

That 300 miles is certainly better than 500 miles to do before us northerners even begin an adventure. Then there is a small issue with another 500 miles back after it.

As for clearance issues, the coilies would be wound up for getting on if it really was that bad.

hmm, £193 return on a ferry from Harwich to Hook, leaving at 11pm on the Thursday night, returning around 8pm on the Sunday. 7 hour crossing each way.

I will consider Holland and the ferry as an option in the overall plan if it works out reasonably prices.

Arent the traffic police meant to be really bad in Holland though?? We need somewhere that will be "friendly" to 20+ Supra's blitzing up the motorways remember. Either option 2 or 3 for me, i like the idea of having a bit more time away as per option 3, but the costs are pretty high overall. Thursday to Monday sounds alot better to me, Dragonba11 felt way too short.

One thing I'll also say im not bothered about is time on a track. For a few reasons.

Trackdays are hard on a car. Especially if you've driven 3-4-500 miles to get to one and have to drive back. We only had one casualty last year which was good going. You can do a trackday in england. One of the Things i enjoyed about last year was seeing the country. Not the same piece of armco/tirewall 20-30 times all day. I'd like to go around the ring. But I'll not be hammering arround like the stig.