The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Dragonball 2012 - where to go?

Branners

Dragonball 2012  

57 members have voted

1. 1. Dragonball 2012

• Eurotunnel to France, trip down to Britanny area of france and then back home. Leave on a Friday, return late on Sunday.
    • Eurotunnel to France, travel in to Germany to Nurburgring and surrounding areas. Leave on a Friday morning, return late on Sunday
    • Ferry down to Bilbao in Spain, travel to the mountains and possibly Barcelona, back to the port and back home. Leaving on a Thursday (arrive Spain on the Saturday!!), return on the Ferry on Monday arrive back in the UK on the Tuesday.

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The smaller ones were handed out. 2 each for free. They stick to the windows with static so no sticky. I stuck one to my trd endplate but it came off. Others had them on the rear bumpers and they were ok

The larger door ones where sticky. My paintwork isn't show condition like some as its still origonal paint that prob could do with a new layer of laquer :) so I don't mind the club sticking my car all over. And it would be cool. :)

The smaller ones were handed out. 2 each for free. They stick to the windows with static so no sticky. I stuck one to my trd endplate but it came off. Others had them on the rear bumpers and they were ok

The larger door ones where sticky. My paintwork isn't show condition like some as its still origonal paint that prob could do with a new layer of laquer :) so I don't mind the club sticking my car all over. And it would be cool. :)

Mine still has its original paint work its in pretty good nick to say its 16 years old !! Just don't want to damage it but really want to have the stickers on !!

Something like this for the sides. They have to be slightly different to allow for door handles and the brake cooling vent by the rear wheel!

http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll206/ellisgrange/D_ball_RIGHT.jpg

http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll206/ellisgrange/D_ball_LEFT.jpg

I do t get it. Surely if you can do it on one side the othe can be the same. Looks odd in the wrong direction.

Not keen on the black at the front on the bonnet. Looks out of place and with it just stopping seems weird.

I do t get it. Surely if you can do it on one side the othe can be the same. Looks odd in the wrong direction.

Not keen on the black at the front on the bonnet. Looks out of place and with it just stopping seems weird.

How do you mean mate? Both sides have the logo running the same way. Unless you mean running downwards as opposed to upwards. That can be done but would look odder than it does here. You have to allow for door handles and the brake cooling vents with the graphics otherwise big chunks of the logo go missing. Have a look at the side of your car and you'll get what I'm saying!

And by different I meant where the small Dragon icon is on top of the logo - it has to shift to avoid falling on top of the door handles. I'll put up a bare line drawing of the profiles tomorrow and you can see what I mean.

I'll mock it up in the morning and show you what I mean.

Edited by ellis (see edit history)

D_ball_RIGHT.jpg

How do you mean mate? Both sides have the logo running the same way. Unless you mean running downwards as opposed to upwards. That can be done but would look odder than it does here. You have to allow for door handles and the brake cooling vents with the graphics otherwise big chunks of the logo go missing. Have a look at the side of your car and you'll get what I'm saying!

And by different I meant where the small Dragon icon is on top of the logo - it has to shift to avoid falling on top of the door handles. I'll put up a bare line drawing of the profiles tomorrow and you can see what I mean.

I'll mock it up in the morning and show you what I mean.

the is a very crap paint chop... and the text is obviously upside down. but i mean like this. it avoids the handles and the vent.

• 2 weeks later...
Can anybody post up a link to a google map showing the petrol station next to the Eurotunnel that we all stopped in for Dragonball this year?

I'm thinking we stop there again but not sure where it is and cannot find it on any of the maps at all.

That would be an ideal place to stop.

I could do what I did last time & run out into the road! :D

Now then lads and lasses. I have a Jap car to come in this year, its not a supra but it is jap and means i can concentrate on my photography on route, i will be diving it a little bit though. The car is our lasses and its a drift spec nissan skyline, pictures below. It will look different next year, well a little lol

Hope this is ok for you all :) Ill be shooting for Banzai so the Ring sounds fun.

Hope thats cool :)

Mallo, we would be more than pleased to see you there.

We have chosen the location, we are going to Rotterdam and its on the 18th to the 20th May.

I know that wasnt on any of the options, but we found a 4 mile long tunnel in to Holland and thats what drew us there.

Final pricing and details should go up early in the new year once I have the hotels finally sorted out. JUst choosing between 2 different ones now either side of Rotterdam.