The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Dragonball 2012 - where to go?

Branners

Dragonball 2012  

57 members have voted

1. 1. Dragonball 2012

• Eurotunnel to France, trip down to Britanny area of france and then back home. Leave on a Friday, return late on Sunday.
    • Eurotunnel to France, travel in to Germany to Nurburgring and surrounding areas. Leave on a Friday morning, return late on Sunday
    • Ferry down to Bilbao in Spain, travel to the mountains and possibly Barcelona, back to the port and back home. Leaving on a Thursday (arrive Spain on the Saturday!!), return on the Ferry on Monday arrive back in the UK on the Tuesday.

Are we not doing an option on using the eurotunnel and to meet up somewhere on the other side with you guys up North? How many days are we planning on going for? Only reason I'm still pushing for this eurotunnel is because as said before, ferries can cause problems with low or kitted Supras :(

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i like the sound of option 2 and 3! i know the ferry would be a pain in the butt to get on and off with some supra's, my supra dosnt get on my old ferry at all and thats only a do-luck front, VS skirts and trial rear on 18's and standard hight! it also comes down to the tides aswell and the degree of the ramp(s) for the boat.

As liam said i think a few scotish guys would be keen for doing this next year, but its just going to add extra miles and money onto a trip for us, its even further for me than it would be for liam since im up in aberdeen!

why dont we get the euro-tunnel across and then take a nice drive down to spain? that means you get to see alot of diferent scenery and some good roads to play on aswell.

Are we not doing an option on using the eurotunnel and to meet up somewhere on the other side with you guys up North? How many days are we planning on going for? Only reason I'm still pushing for this eurotunnel is because as said before, ferries can cause problems with low or kitted Supras :(

I think Branners was suggesting in post 71 we might do two crossings, ferry and tunnel. I'll just book the tunnel if it ends up just being the ferry.

Have totally ignored this thread, for reasons unknown, until now... when I realise that this is something I'm very very keen on doing. Will be keeping a close eye on the thread, as my car will finally be ready to drive again after about a thousand years off the road - and a Eurotrip with like-minded hooligans on nice roads sounds very cool.

Its all just discussions at the moment folks. Just gathering up ideas. I still prefer to use Eurotunnel, much quicker and easier than I ever imagined. But for those way up North a ferry might work, but its 8 hours or more on a crossing.

Lets keep the ideas coming and I will work with the Dragonball organisers to find the best option.

We will be going no matter what. I would personally like to see a bit of Europe and maybe do a few countries over a couple of days. We would go to the "ring" but I wouldn't be going on the track. How we get there is not really important although I would prefer to come down south and get on the Chunnel rather that risk damage on a ferry.

H.

We will be going no matter what. I would personally like to see a bit of Europe and maybe do a few countries over a couple of days. We would go to the "ring" but I wouldn't be going on the track. How we get there is not really important although I would prefer to come down south and get on the Chunnel rather that risk damage on a ferry.

H.

What he said !!

H.

Yeah that ^^^^^

For me too :)

I'm also not too keen on the going to "The Ring", the place has far too many accidents for my liking. I'll still go if its what the club decides though.

To be brutally honest, if you can drive on a windy B road without crashing, the Nurburgring is cake. Too much is made of "how dangerous it is" - if TOUR BUSES can drive it, I'm sure you can.