Supra!

JamieP

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I prefer the sound of your black beast..:D

Me an all!

Now that's a very nice looking aerotop, but then again, I am very biased. ;)

This looks like a lovely project. Will keep tabs on the progress. :)

No where near as clean as yours, Body has marks on every panel, interior is mint, im gonna have a full respray done soon as the mechanics are done.

Edited by JamieP (see edit history)

Jamie . Good luck with this one . Its nice to see things done right . No corners cut ! I think you and Hodge take on projects the way most of us dream we could !! Will you be keeping the link ecu ? Look forward to this Aerotop projects rule

. Only joking you black beast aint to bad either

Thats a nice car Jamie, and well engineered by Thor, I was always impressed at how it looked like it was an original Toyota fit and meant to be in there, and I came very close to making Pete an offer on it when he had it up for sale about 3 years ago and had a look at it close up at Santa Pod when he had taken it there for one of the jap shows. As much as the car was worth what he was asking for it, I couldnt quite bring myself to cough up the then asking price £8k I think back then Oct 2008, maybe 2007. Pretty much regretted it ever since as it is a very nice motor. Looking forward to seeing how you get on with it.

Originally it had an ex ProDrive Rover 75 development 4.6 Supercharged Roush Ford modular going in it. After the slatting that concept got on here the Soarer motor was opted for. Shame as the Roush motor delivered a solid 395bhp in the 75 ZTT we tested later that year. Badge Snobs :D

A TKO600 adaptor kit was also developed for the 1UZ but I don't know if it ever got finished or if they have ever sold a kit.

I'd like to see a big block ali Chevy in a MKIV, much as it pains me big Cu Ins Chevys with a rook of torque would be nice transplant with an old school auto box, (assuming the fuel bills were incidental) :)

So would I. I think Fuel bills are incidental to most Supra owners Chris :D

Going to see Ryan tomorrow at SRR, it seems a bit rich to me so he is going to stick it on the dyno and have a play with the link ecu, dyno sheet tomorrow.

Got most the turbo bits sorted now but as Lee is so busy i dont think we are going to start on it till the end of the summer/winter.

The exhaust on the car seems very restrictive to me, at WOT it sounds like a wastegate from behind, the gasses are struggling to get out imo, ive had a look under the car and the decat back part looks like any other supra exhaust to me so ive ordered a 3" stainless ebay exhaust, Lee said to me he has seen one and it looked fine to him so i thought id give it a try, only £180 delivered.

Ive also got most the bits to get the bodywork how i want, will be going back to mostly stock aside from the bonnet which will be sprayed black, may just add a rmm front lip, its got marks on near enough every panel so i will most likely have a full respray done on it, im looking at various wheels, fancy some rota boost for it.

Also stuart has begged me to let him in on the car, he has borrowed it a few times and loves it, so we have gone 50/50 on it which will helps me with the modding costs.

Going to see Ryan tomorrow at SRR, it seems a bit rich to me so he is going to stick it on the dyno and have a play with the link ecu, dyno sheet tomorrow.

Got most the turbo bits sorted now but as Lee is so busy i dont think we are going to start on it till the end of the summer/winter.

The exhaust on the car seems very restrictive to me, at WOT it sounds like a wastegate from behind, the gasses are struggling to get out imo, ive had a look under the car and the decat back part looks like any other supra exhaust to me so ive ordered a 3" stainless ebay exhaust, Lee said to me he has seen one and it looked fine to him so i thought id give it a try, only £180 delivered.

Ive also got most the bits to get the bodywork how i want, will be going back to mostly stock aside from the bonnet which will be sprayed black, may just add a rmm front lip, its got marks on near enough every panel so i will most likely have a full respray done on it, im looking at various wheels, fancy some rota boost for it.

Also stuart has begged me to let him in on the car, he has borrowed it a few times and loves it, so we have gone 50/50 on it which will helps me with the modding costs.

A time share supra .... I like it. You want to time share the black beast with me :)